Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Ricojesse

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Ipod 7th gen problems USB

I have an ipod nano 7th gen. and it works fine, had it for about a year, ive never had problems with it in my 11 camaro. When i plug it into the new car it works for a bit, the music sometimes gets crackly and when i turn the car off then back on the ipod doesnt connect back to the radio, i have to power cycle the ipod all the way off and back on for it to re connect. I'm using the usb cord to connect. it does have bluetooth but i prefer my phone to be connected as bluetooth sound isn't as loud as the usb cord and you cant search from the radio for songs or anything. Does anybody have a similar problem or any recommendations? Is it time for a new ipod or is it the radio maybe?
Ricojesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Are you using a genuine Apple USB cord? We've seen issues with some other cords....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I had the same issue. Tried all sorts of cables. Swiched to usb drives. No issues at all anymore and way faster song changes.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I had an iPod classic that played perfectly until it died. My wife had an iPod nano laying around, so I started using that, and I've been having all kinds of problems with it.

I tried using two different cables I bought from the Apple store, so I don't think that's the problem.

It's quite amazing that you can get a 64GB flash drive with 200+ MB/sec read/write times for $30.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
Ricojesse

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Im using the cord that came with the ipod. Id prefer to get the ipod working than to use the flash drive, but ive got a few of them laying around i can probably try, is there any special type i need to use or organize the songs in a special folder or is it just throw em on there and it works?
Ricojesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #6
streetjudge79

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
My brand new Ipod isn't recognized at all by the car. Very frustrating. It worked once, then never again. What a piece of crap this sound system is. No CD player, now No Ipod either.
streetjudge79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
HomeBrewer

Drives: 2017 2SS
I thought they stopped making iPods, to be honest.

I like the highest quality audio files possible, so I got a 128 gig USB flash drive, and ripped everything I like from my CDs to it in .oog lossless format.

It sounds great and it has been problem-free so far.
HomeBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #8
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
I was going to make a thread but I am having issues with two separate iOS devices. Both cause a crackling/popping sound (think of a bad AUX cable). I can use a USB or my S6 phone over USB with absolutely no issues. My iPod Touch (latest gen) and iPad 1 both have the issue with the original Apple cables. My car is also missing Pandora and maybe some other icons so will be taking it in soon to be reflashed. Hoping the reflash fixes the issue but it's a serious let down for me since my 328i plays the iPod perfectly. This is a definitely a myLink issue.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetjudge79 View Post
My brand new Ipod isn't recognized at all by the car. Very frustrating. It worked once, then never again. What a piece of crap this sound system is. No CD player, now No Ipod either.
Hi streetjudge79,

I did send a reply to your private message with some information for you, but I wanted to acknowledge this post as well in case you haven’t seen it yet! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions after reviewing it.

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:46 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricojesse View Post
I have an ipod nano 7th gen. and it works fine, had it for about a year, ive never had problems with it in my 11 camaro. When i plug it into the new car it works for a bit, the music sometimes gets crackly and when i turn the car off then back on the ipod doesnt connect back to the radio, i have to power cycle the ipod all the way off and back on for it to re connect. I'm using the usb cord to connect. it does have bluetooth but i prefer my phone to be connected as bluetooth sound isn't as loud as the usb cord and you cant search from the radio for songs or anything. Does anybody have a similar problem or any recommendations? Is it time for a new ipod or is it the radio maybe?
Good Evening Ricojesse,

This certainly isn’t what we like to hear! I do apologize for any inconvenience this concern regarding your iPod may have caused. A great resource to assist you with troubleshooting would be our Infotainment Customer Service Team. They can be reached at (855) 478-7767 between 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Monday through Saturday. If they are unable to help with your concern and you need some additional assistance, I’d be more than willing to get in contact with your dealer to look into this matter further.

Please feel free to send us a private message with any questions or concerns!

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:35 PM   #11
FormerToyotaEnthusiast

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver w/B04 MRC A8 NPP
Similar issue with 6th gen iPod nano

Yesterday I had a similar issue with my 6th gen iPod nano. When I connected it to the system for the 1st time, it worked great (and sounded amazing!). I believe it was after the 3rd time I started my car (after connecting the nano) that the nano seemed to disappear from the system; as if it wasn't connected. Looking @ the nano you could see it was charging/connected; although nothing on the MyLink system.
I then found this thread and gave the infotainment customer service number a call like the GM rep recommended. The customer service rep seemed to think this was an easily fixable issue by going to "settings", going into "return to factory settings", and "clear all private data". I've tried doing this 3 different ways now (leaving the nano connected, disconnecting the nano then reconnecting after reset, and cycling power to the nano before connecting it to the system) with no success. The guy I was talking with sounded very knowledgeable and sent me an email with his contact info. So I'll be giving him a call tomorrow to see if there is another way to correct the issue.
I'll let you all know what transpires.
FormerToyotaEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:53 PM   #12
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
It's not just you. The mylink (at least in our cars) doesn't seem to like ipods. It'll do fine with iphones but not the ipods. Someone mentioned in another thread a possible power issue with using the old ipods. Not sure. My 5th gen ipod that I use daily and have done so for 5 years in my 5th gen Camaro doesn't work at all in my 16. I'm actually building a thumbdrive right now to use instead.

Apparently GM didn't think people would use ipods anymore?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:01 AM   #13
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I just started another thread with a few similar issues. What a pain. So my older MyLink works fine but not the new one. Planned obsolescence?
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I just started another thread with a few similar issues. What a pain. So my older MyLink works fine but not the new one. Planned obsolescence?
I did this today. I reformatted my Nano to Fat32 and re-synched the Ipod. Works great now including Audio books. The CA6 likes FAT32 although it supports other formats.