Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #155
Barry626

Drives: 2012 Audi A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
ok i see. do you guys think the z is a nice car?
Better then nice!
I had a 07 350z and I loved it. 370z should be better?

Actually I'm in middle between the 370z & 2LT/2SS.
Whatever car comes in first is one I will go for & be real happy too!
Barry626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #156
kinyu

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I didnt know there where official nurburgring times for the Maro??
It did testing starting last April I believe. And I remember the magazine specifically said that while the camaros numbers were impressive, it barely beat the cobalt.
kinyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #157
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
thanks truth that's what I thought I didn't think the full production model was run. Yes last april was a pre production model
Old 01-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #158
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
thanks truth that's what I thought I didn't think the full production model was run. Yes last april was a pre production model
If it was, we don't know about it. Just like we don't know any of the camaro's performance specs.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #159
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Your numbers are incorrect here. 350Z scored .93 on the skidpad - C6 non-Z51 vetter scored .96.

How did the 350Z beat the vette, exactly?
- Xanthos

P.S. - Unless you have numbers for the 370Z that I don't know about?
I got my number from motortrend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html
Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #160
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry626 View Post

Whatever car comes in first is one I will go for & be real happy too!
The Z is out as of last week.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #161
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyu View Post
I don't disagree/agree that a camaro would win a track race, I never said either one would win. I simply stated the skidpad numbers, which are the current accepted measure of handling and said that the Z beats the vette in that number, and will more than likely beat the camaro in that number. I mean, can we not find some common ground on that?
I hear what you are saying, but the problem is the Term "handling" which skidpad number is not the sole measurement alone, nor is brakeing alone, nor is saloom speeds alone etc.. it is a combination of the total package and how it translate into the real world. but I aggree with you that the 370Z will probaly have a slightly higher cornering grip number than the camaro.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #162
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I hear what you are saying, but the problem is the Term "handling" which skidpad number is not the sole measurement alone, nor is brakeing alone, nor is saloom speeds alone etc.. it is a combination of the total package and how it translate into the real world. but I aggree with you that the 370Z will probaly have a slightly higher cornering grip number than the camaro.
Glad we found that common ground! I don't think we disagree on much. The world uses those specific numbers to determine handling, even though people like us know those numbers don't mean much in "real life." But since they do use those numbers, I was only simply stating the facts as they were reported. Nothing personal man.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #163
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
The Z is out as of last week.
he was saying which one comes in 1st place lol
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #164
kinyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
he was saying which one comes in 1st place lol
Ah, then I'm with him. I can't wait to see how the two match up (other than a straight line where the answer is pretty damn obvious)
Old 01-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #165
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Tradition changes. Many, many sports cars nowadays not only have back seats, but four doors.
- Xanthos
but generally refered to as sports coupes or sports sedans
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #166
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Please explain. The fact is the Z did better on the skidpad than the c6. So if the camaro beat the z in handling, it would also handle better than the vette. It seems your passion for the car does not let you see plain math.
Skidpad numbers are MEANINGLESS when it comes to track performance. (Not quite zero meaning, but close). Skidpads are flat and smooth and do not switch direction or elevation. Handling involves rapidly changing conditions, not a constant turn in one direction.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #167
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Skidpad numbers are MEANINGLESS when it comes to track performance. (Not quite zero meaning, but close). Skidpads are flat and smooth and do not switch direction or elevation. Handling involves rapidly changing conditions, not a constant turn in one direction.
+1 I was trying to explain that to him, good post.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #168
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
The 370Z is sexy, but IMO it lacks "soul", and that's something the Camaro has.

I saw one tonight at the dealer, looks great, and probably drives great, and has the syncrorev technology aka "heel-toe-tech" to aid in the shifting, which is good for it. Personally, I can't settle for that car... there are tons of cars that are quick stock, including the AWD 4banger turbo's out there like the Subaru and Mitsubishi's. You can't worry about getting a faster car because there will always be a faster car out there.

Back on topic. The Camaro is better all around IMO, and the 'modibility' of the Camaro will be tenfold that of the 370Z, and that's WITHOUT getting into Turbo's and Superchargers.

Also, to say that something is wrong when we're comparing a V6 vs V8 is just stupid IMO. There are far to many variables to pin up a Camaro SS or a 370Z against a car with an equal number of pistons. There is absolutely no shame what so ever in comparing the V6 370Z with the V8 SS, what the 370Z lacks in power, it makes up with weight, so ratio's are key here for the most part. Even though they are apples in oranges in almost every aspect, the bottom line is that the stock performance is close enough to that we can compare the two and have fun doing so. There is no need to try and compare the V6 Camaro to the V6 Z, same pistons, two completely different cars, two completely different performance numbers....