Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #197
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLB View Post
why not 19k so that gm will sell a tons and tons and i would never have to see a mustang again! lol it was a nice thought lol

We loose $1500 on every car but we do such volume...LOL

Kudos to GM for at least building this thing, How about a 9C-1 Police Pack now to catch it!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #198
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Whatever the price...you can darn sure know it will be worth the money invested to latch on to one of these jewels.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #199
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
I feel that GM dosen't really want to sell this car in volume. With the CAFE requirements they would require all buyers to offset the MPG difference by buying a Cruise or Volt at the same time.
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #200
VonDutch

Drives: Z06 Corvette
My God were living in Utopia !

With all the New Horsepower running around on the streets

If that car can be had for 50k

* GraB It *

That's 1 Hell Of A Car !

Vettetrick.com
VonDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #201
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
What bowtie?

I love this,,,,,,,69

No bowtie on mine either!!! Anywhere

But the point is, it's a Chev and they are the reasonably priced car so bring on the reasonably priced ZL1!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #202
mpate16

Drives: 2012 Camaro LSX 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairtrigger View Post
I love this,,,,,,,69

No bowtie on mine either!!! Anywhere

But the point is, it's a Chev and they are the reasonably priced car so bring on the reasonably priced ZL1!!!!!!!
yes please!!!!!!!! reasonably priced!!!!!
mpate16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #203
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000 View Post
Ok, without sounding like a know it all, I am going to chime in:
Scott and GM I hope ur listening:
I AM THE BUYER you want for the ZL1.... I cant spend more than 50K for a camaro.
Sounds like you may NOT be the buyer GM is looking for.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 AM   #204
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
It's SIMPLE ----

It has the bowtie on the grille........simple as that!

I see complacency is starting to build back up already. Hopefully upper management doesn't have the same point of view, GM was just beginning to do better too. :flag1:
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 AM   #205
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairjohn2000 View Post
Ok, without sounding like a know it all, I am going to chime in:
Scott and GM I hope ur listening:
I AM THE BUYER you want for the ZL1, 35+, single family home 2 incomes, bachelor's degree, good job, good credit.
I am loyal GM to the core, my wife drives an 08 pontiac vibe, I am still rockin my 2000 ws6 with less than 37k on the original odom, but highly modded for street and TRACK use. I have raced at pocono with one of our local corvette clubs numerous times (see my fquick link in profile), been trained by a pro am driver at these events, have been in a 07 zo6 brand new at over 130+ in the straight aways, so i have a little knowledge of cars beyond the street.
This being said I have been holding off on purchasing SOMETHING new, camaro, vette, cts-v, as i said gm and only gm.
As this will most likely be my last performance car, as I am going to be keeping the TA and have 2 fun cars , cuz the wife luvs me, i am doing serious waiting watching and deciding before i buy the next and most likely final machine.
I luv the new SS, but it is not for me at that price of 35K. I know i will and can spend more than that but want way more for my dollar, I am considering between 40k- 5ok for the next one. Up till this point it was a c6 Grand sport used or an '08 cts-v or up.
But now the ZL1 arrives and i pause, looks awesome, the technolgy, the TRACK potential, I am quite frankly blown away, but wait what is the price to be.......
At more than 50K for a camaro, I just have a hard time swallowing that with all the cars that I have been exposed to, z06s, cts-vs, my buddys dad just bought, and it is sick, new cts-v coupe with the custom interior!
I still have to say that I would like to see a manual fully optioned ZL1 roll off the lot for less than 50K total. Any more than that and I will move up market used and go as fast, handle as good or better, and stop quicker. I am not worried about the warranty issue or modding as I know a guy that is very close to GM's heart, having helped develop, race and mod things for gm, Andy Pilgrim(if you know racing you know that name), and goodyear, right here in PA.
Also from an economic view I think in general you would just sell a whole lot more camaros.
Scott, and GM I tip my hats to you the new cars and trucks are awesome and my family and I will never drive anything else, but that being said I cant spend more than 50K for a camaro.
If you are not the type of guy that can spend $50k then you are definitely not the type this car is targeted to. Perhaps you should wait for a potential Z/28 track car if you want something better than an SS but not as good as the ZL1.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #206
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Then dealer markup sets in....
The dealers always ruin it ! GM should put a stop to that.. I vote for a 43K price tag.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #207
ramairjohn2000

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
spend 50k

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
If you are not the type of guy that can spend $50k then you are definitely not the type this car is targeted to. Perhaps you should wait for a potential Z/28 track car if you want something better than an SS but not as good as the ZL1.

I said I would not spend 50k on a camaro, I never said I couldn't lol.
And I am the guy that this car is targeted at because I want something with better engineering and technology out of the box. I just cant justify a camaro for over 55K when all is said is done. And why would I want a z28 track car that regardless of all the mods gm puts into it, is not going to be nearly as balanced or engineered as a used z06, c6 gs, cts v, or this beauty? I guess we will all have to wait and see, but the fbodies were always the most affordable version of putting power into the common man's hands, and I think if GM is going to continue to remain competitive, especially as a partially backed government company where our hard earned tax dollars have gone into, I think they need to make sure they are appealing to all levels of buyers. And I can tell you they are getting there but they still have a long way to go in the public opinion. Trust me, my job is to sell to the people with the money to spend on these things . Just my 2 cents.
ramairjohn2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #208
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
I see complacency is starting to build back up already. Hopefully upper management doesn't have the same point of view, GM was just beginning to do better too. :flag1:
:troll:
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #209
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
Less than expected, makes sense.

While I think 47,000 is less than everyone expected it kind of makes sense. That price is a few thousand less than the Shelby GT-500. GT-500s are built in the Ford's Mustang factory, then shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas for modifacation at a considerable cost in freight alone. Assuming that GM will build the ZL-1 in the Camaro factory completely would enable GM to undercut the GT-500's cost considerably. Heres to hoping Car and Driver is right. If they are my plans have changed and I will be getting a ZL-1 instead of an SS!
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #210
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocrazy28 View Post
While I think 47,000 is less than everyone expected it kind of makes sense. That price is a few thousand less than the Shelby GT-500. GT-500s are built in the Ford's Mustang factory, then shipped to Shelby in Las Vegas for modifacation at a considerable cost in freight alone. Assuming that GM will build the ZL-1 in the Camaro factory completely would enable GM to undercut the GT-500's cost considerably. Heres to hoping Car and Driver is right. If they are my plans have changed and I will be getting a ZL-1 instead of an SS!
Your facts are wrong. GT500's are built completely by Ford on the same assembly lines as the V6 and GT Mustangs. I think you are referencing the Shelby SuperSnake which begins as a regular GT500 and is then sent to Shelby for tranformation into something else. And. BTW, Ford does not incur the cost of shipping the cars or paying for the upgrades, that is all on the buyer.

I will be completely surprised if the ZL1's base is under $52K.

Last edited by garagelogic; 02-13-2011 at 03:29 PM.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote