Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
chalhoee

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS/RS
TIPS on sponsorships!

I've put a decent amount of work into my car but it is no where close to where I would want it to be. I was thinking maybe it was time so start looking for some sponsorships LOL. I'm interested in doing some car shows but I don't think my car is ready for such things! I would need to do a lot of detail work but I wouldn't mind it if it meant me traveling show to show representing a brand or a shop.

How does one even get sponsorships? What kind of requirements is there? Is it worth it?

Would love to be more knowledged in this area as I am serious about getting some type of sponsorship. Thanks guys
Attached Images

-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
-Tuned by Solid Tech Performance (ABQ, NM)
chalhoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Connections....

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
xjer22x

Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Connections....
Nailed it!

But it really comes down to what you mean by "sponsorships"... because the days of having everything on your car fully paid for are almost long gone to a normal consumer.

Most "sponsorships" include discounts off products in return for some sort of service or payout for the company providing the sponsorship for you.

This day and age advertising is very easy, so it is more difficult to get shops to give you completely free products.

Best way is you have to prove that by having a paticular car to "sponsor" your ride. How will it benefit them? are you going to race a lot and break records. So when you achieve this, you will spread the word it was because of company XYZ... are you going to participate in a lot of shows and win a lot of trophies, so you can brag about the parts you have on the car? so on and so forth.

for the most part it really you have to show a company how it will benefit them to invest money into you and your ride.
xjer22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Another way is when a company is coming out with a new product, often they will need to custom fit it for production. So, if you happen to have the exact kind of car that they need, and you are willing to let them test their product in your car for fitment and function they will sometimes hook you up.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
chalhoee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjer22x View Post
Nailed it!

But it really comes down to what you mean by "sponsorships"... because the days of having everything on your car fully paid for are almost long gone to a normal consumer.

Most "sponsorships" include discounts off products in return for some sort of service or payout for the company providing the sponsorship for you.

This day and age advertising is very easy, so it is more difficult to get shops to give you completely free products.

Best way is you have to prove that by having a paticular car to "sponsor" your ride. How will it benefit them? are you going to race a lot and break records. So when you achieve this, you will spread the word it was because of company XYZ... are you going to participate in a lot of shows and win a lot of trophies, so you can brag about the parts you have on the car? so on and so forth.

for the most part it really you have to show a company how it will benefit them to invest money into you and your ride.
Speak nothing but the truth man. I would love to get parts a lower cost for my car that I can then show off at car shows and generate attention towards the company or shop that helps me out. Here in el paso, im deep into the car scene so I know a lot of car enthusiasts that I could send their way to potentially increase company awareness and sales. idk man, new to this and just looking for a shot... but thanks for your .2 I appreciate it
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
Old 12-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
chalhoee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Another way is when a company is coming out with a new product, often they will need to custom fit it for production. So, if you happen to have the exact kind of car that they need, and you are willing to let them test their product in your car for fitment and function they will sometimes hook you up.
Had heard of such opportunities but I don't know any companies here in el paso that are asking for cars to test fit
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
Old 12-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalo2ss View Post
Had heard of such opportunities but I don't know any companies here in el paso that are asking for cars to test fit
Unless you live in an area with a variety of manufacturers building new items, the chances of test fittings and reaping the benefits are going to involve lots of long distance travel or transportation... And bare in mind this will cost you huge in the amount of time you have your car... Often test fittings or body work, or some flashy stereo install take tremendous time...

I know of a guy who's car spent literally months at a time in various shops getting stuff done... Pick it up here and then take it there and drop it off for a couple more months, then do it all over again... And he had the added expense of getting the car to SEMA on his own as part of the deal...

Be very careful and sure of what you want getting into the sponsorship game... It can easily cost you in the long run... Not saying not to do this, just mentioning some of the pitfalls...

As far as serious performance mods... Chances are slim and none for sponsorships... Unless you are a proven performer on the track with lots of credentials... Then they would more than likely just want to hire you as a driver for their builds...

I do know of a couple people that get discounts for testing new items... Like cost, but not much more than that... And they are beholden to the manufacturer for reports and comments, etc...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #8
chalhoee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Unless you live in an area with a variety of manufacturers building new items, the chances of test fittings and reaping the benefits are going to involve lots of long distance travel or transportation... And bare in mind this will cost you huge in the amount of time you have your car... Often test fittings or body work, or some flashy stereo install take tremendous time...

I know of a guy who's car spent literally months at a time in various shops getting stuff done... Pick it up here and then take it there and drop it off for a couple more months, then do it all over again... And he had the added expense of getting the car to SEMA on his own as part of the deal...

Be very careful and sure of what you want getting into the sponsorship game... It can easily cost you in the long run... Not saying not to do this, just mentioning some of the pitfalls...

As far as serious performance mods... Chances are slim and none for sponsorships... Unless you are a proven performer on the track with lots of credentials... Then they would more than likely just want to hire you as a driver for their builds...

I do know of a couple people that get discounts for testing new items... Like cost, but not much more than that... And they are beholden to the manufacturer for reports and comments, etc...

thanks for all the advise man. I really do appreciate it especially because I'm new to this and very vulnerable lol thanks man! I'll keep all that in mind
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Yeah i actually got to test fit something for a local vendor for reduced price on item. Well worth the time investment with back and forth. There should be companies all over US that want to develop new parts for camaro market just keep your eyes open on this forum thats how i got the hookup.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #10
chalhoee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzsalvador23 View Post
Another thing is before you talk with your potential sponsor, ask yourself, how are you positioning and marketing your nonprofit brand? How does your event compare to other nonprofit events in town? What do you offer that is unique and different? It's a good opportunity to start thinking about how you CAN be different from other events. Articulate your difference and you'll be able to more clearly articulate your value.
Awesome man!! thanks for the tips.. ill keep those in mind
-LS3 ported heads/Mani
-Wet Nozzle 150 shot