Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Osiris16rulez

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Bluetooth pair phone for GPS

Not sure if this question has been answered or not but is it possible to use google maps or a navigation app and have it Bluetooth connected to the car and display directions on the HUD or information center? I know there is a navigation section on the information center but not sure if that will work with phone. This is on a 2012 before the touch screen with navigation.

Injen Cold Air Intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 Axle-Back Exhaust, Tuned by Flordia Speed and Power, BMR Lowering Springs
Osiris16rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:12 AM   #2
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
On my 2012, without a Mylink, I could have the phone connected to bluetooth but since I had a 2LS, all I got was calls, no media. Looks like you've got a 2LT so you should be able to get media as well. I doubt you'll be able to see the instructions in the DIC as that's pretty much strictly for the Onstar directions.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
Osiris16rulez

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
On my 2012, without a Mylink, I could have the phone connected to bluetooth but since I had a 2LS, all I got was calls, no media. Looks like you've got a 2LT so you should be able to get media as well. I doubt you'll be able to see the instructions in the DIC as that's pretty much strictly for the Onstar directions.
Ohh ok so that's made for the OnStar directions only. I thought I did remember seeing something like connect GPS in the Bluetooth settings. But maybe you need an actual GPS for that to work.

Injen Cold Air Intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 Axle-Back Exhaust, Tuned by Flordia Speed and Power, BMR Lowering Springs
Osiris16rulez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, gps