Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Final decision on S/C or Turbo....

Alright my last thread before I go through with this...ive decided to save a little money on previous ideas....I cant decide between the TT or the S/C...i like the look of the S/C better but the performance of the TT seems pretty outstanding...

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309

OR

TVS 2300 (black)
ARH Headers
MDS Boost a pump

Both would be pretty equal on price after install.....any OPINIONS or FACTS on which route to go....car will not really be a daily driver...more of a Sunday fun car. Going to put body kit, hood, and wheels on it as well as some other pretty pieces and do some car shows just for fun....which leads me to believe the S/C would be better....any help is appreciated.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
By the time you buy headers [with installation], CAI and pulley, you're pretty much in the same price range of IPS kit. The TT is the ultimate F/I on a V8 or V6 or even a 4 banger. The IPS kit is really nice and uses the best component. TT all the way...
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
By the time you buy headers [with installation], CAI and pulley, you're pretty much in the same price range of IPS kit. The TT is the ultimate F/I on a V8 or V6 or even a 4 banger. The IPS kit is really nice and uses the best component. TT all the way...
The shop doing my car seems to agree with this statement
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
with TT, when you step on the gas three things happen in a sweet consecutive order:
a) You hear those turbos sucking air and spooling like a jet engine...
b) before you know it, the boost is pulling you so hard with that big grin on your face...
c) You're going over 100 MPH and you let go and hear the massive Woooosh from the BOV releasing the boost.

And you repeat this over and over...
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
TT if it were me....

We have a set of nice TT waiting to go on our Vette

Last edited by Indpowr; 10-07-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
TT FTW

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #7
AdamCzap

Drives: '10 TT SS / '07 Escalade
I have the Hellion kit and it's awesome. Just as good as IPS imo but cheaper. save the cash, you probably won't notice the difference.
AdamCzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
are the TT kits expensive maintance wise?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #9
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Agreed. since you are basically stock now and are jumping right into FI I say go TT. By the time you add headers and a new CAI to the SC you are in the same price range and no SC kit currently on the market is putting up TT #'s. On top of that you have no belts to deal with and the oil gets changed with the cars oil changes. Dont get me wrong as I love PD blowers but if I had the money to throw down all at once instead of piece by piece I would for sure go the TT route. Way more room to grow with better entry level performance. Just get a kit that spools real quick and it will be a great driver also. TT cars can also be the ultimate sleepers so thats always fun as well.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGen View Post
are the TT kits expensive maintance wise?
they are least expensive tt kits have been know to last for 100.000 miles or more without even the slightest repair...that why most heavy duty trucks and machinery use them.

pluses of turbo.....ps, there are always exceptions, these are general truths

1. less strain on engine and tranny at any given rpm...the power curve is progressive
unlike the sudden boost power of sc systems that can lead to broken or twisted parts in general.

2. no requirement to change exhaust, intakes, or open the motor (which is expensive, scary, and can lead to many issues)

3. all things considered turbos are cheaper with more hp all things considered, s/c require many additions to get the same power the tt have.

4. with ball bearing turbo, and proper exhaust and turbo sizing lag is a thing of the past...and u can still achieve super high hp numbers on pump gas with out meth and all that other stuff.

5. cooler inlet temps compared to sc, and uses exhaust to drive the power...aka, save gas money, and cooler air = more power and more timing advance, less detonation chance

6. turbo can give u the sleeper look, and can sound loud or mild, but still kill the biggest sc set ups.

7. turbo can be adj in the touch of a button, no changing belts, pulleys or gears like the sc's...oh and that another thing, sc use pulley and gears= vibration, and chance for more broken parts, belt slip etc

8. tt systems have been tested many times over compared to most sc systems, many of the sc are havent been tried and tested true...they look good and seem ok, but time will tell...some of the them havent hit the market yet.

and those my reasons, again there are always 1 or 2 exceptions but in general this is what i feel is true.
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #11
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
I agree with everything except your last statement.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #12
Blkcamaro757

Drives: 2010 camaro RS SS 6speed
TTBB FTW!

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/...%20ss%20turbo/

http://www.dtpracing.com/

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/
Blkcamaro757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #13
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
sorry for jackin your thread metallicide...thanx evryone
Old 10-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
I agree with everything except your last statement.
if u agreed with everything it wouldnt be fair ...lol
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote