Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Idle Questions

I've searched around the forums for the last hour, and I can't seem to find any posts that describe my exact issue. My 1LS has been my daily driver since November of last year. I purchased it pre-owned at around 59k miles, and I am currently at 77,800 miles with no major issues. However, a minor annoyance has graced my presence recently. After completing my 45 mile commute, when i'm sitting in my driveway at home, my engine likes to idle at around 750 rpm. This only happens after long periods of driving. If I turn the car off and start it again, it will idle at 550 rpm like normal. When it idles at 750 rpm, the idle is steady. Not erratic. It's actually somewhat smoother than when my car idles at 550 rpm. This only happens after driving long distances. This doesn't happen after driving short distances. Do any other V6 owners experience this? Is this something I should be concerned about?

Oh, and do any of you notice your tachometer bounce ever so slightly? I know the LS3 does this because of the aggressive cams, but is this normal for the V6?
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Take the air intake off and spray down the inside of the TB with some cleaner. Then, reassemble everything and turn the IGN on, press the gas pedal to the floor and then release. Start it up and see if that helps.

The pedal thing was something I used to do with my old Titan to reset the idle air control. Since the Camaro is drive by wire as well, I figured the procedure would work the same. Seems to have worked on mine when my idle would bounce a bit.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
CamiLFX

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Take the air intake off and spray down the inside of the TB with some cleaner. Then, reassemble everything and turn the IGN on, press the gas pedal to the floor and then release. Start it up and see if that helps.

The pedal thing was something I used to do with my old Titan to reset the idle air control. Since the Camaro is drive by wire as well, I figured the procedure would work the same. Seems to have worked on mine when my idle would bounce a bit.
Thank you for the response. I'll do that this upcoming weekend when I clean out my intake valves.
CamiLFX is offline   Reply With Quote