Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-27-2023, 05:40 PM   #1
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Fuel Injector Dwell Time

Anyone have any specs/info on the factory LFX fuel injectors? Found the GM/AC Delco part number (12634126) but can't find much info on them.

Recently installed Mace cams and am in the process of tuning them. Wondering what the dwell/dead/lag time is for these injectors to help with setting the SOI (start of injection).

At low RPMs the crankshaft is only spinning a few degrees but at the higher RPMs the delay in terms of crank degrees is much greater. With that said, anyone know when, in general, to set SOI? Most of what I've read says the earlier the better for direct injection so figured I'd set the SOI right as the exhaust valve closes then adjust from there to see what difference the timing makes.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 12:55 PM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
FYI I may have found the injector dwell time: about 0.3 ms. Check out my thread on HP Tuners if interested in tuning the LFX/Mace cams: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tor-Dwell-Time. Still working on them but getting closer.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote