Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #43
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Lots of hate on the tints wow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #44
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Have you ever seen taillights done with hvt nightshades? They could be completly black until you hit the brakes then they look like there's nothing on them. With products on the market like that the safety issues have been resolved so I don't know what you're talking about.

Not true at all. When they are blacked out with that crap and it's day light you can barely tell they are lit.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #45
fgjdsfyh

Drives: ford
Cheaper than when you get rearended and you're at fault because they couldn't see your brake lights.
Plus, blacked out taillights look dumb.
fgjdsfyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #46
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I love assumptions, they just make me all tingly inside. What you're saying is because it isn't being advertised it's not an issue. It's almost a case of Pirsig's paradox. Would you believe gravity didn't exist if it wasn't documented?

That cop worried about some stupid thing may have just saved someone's life. I'd rather he take 20 minutes to try to prevent someone rear-ending you since obviously you don't get the implications behind your edgy taillights.
I actually had to look that up.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #47
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
Not true at all. When they are blacked out with that crap and it's day light you can barely tell they are lit.
Then you're doing it wrong.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #48
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
That's one nice thing about living in Indiana. Nobody around here really cares what you do. Emissions and noise regulations are here, they're just NEVER enforced. We're so ass backwards you're more likely to get a ticket for having a muffler on your car lol.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #49
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Then you're doing it wrong.
Sorry but even they say it's not for street use...... I guess you know better don't ya...
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #50
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #51
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
^^^^HA!

Ok, I can can see where some of you guys are coming from. I have been behind people that used the VHT on their tail lights and to me it's excessive. They are not safe for the road, especially during the day. At night, they work a little better since you don't have the sun reflecting off the painted lights and can actually see a glow. In my opinion and experience, you are better off with Big Worms Tail light tint. That way you can still see the reflectors in the day and lose ZERO light visibility. All while achieving the black out look. I've had mine for about a year and no tickets or pull-overs (knock on wood).

Blacked out tail lights can look good when smoked but when it looks painted (dull, no shine) they look crappy and cheap to me. A small part of me is dying right now even thinking this but, I dig that the mustangs offer blacked out tail lights straight from the factory. Not saying GM should do the same, just sometimes its the small things you notice.
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #52
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
^^^^HA!

Ok, I can can see where some of you guys are coming from. I have been behind people that used the VHT on their tail lights and to me it's excessive. They are not safe for the road, especially during the day. At night, they work a little better since you don't have the sun reflecting off the painted lights and can actually see a glow. In my opinion and experience, you are better off with Big Worms Tail light tint. That way you can still see the reflectors in the day and lose ZERO light visibility. All while achieving the black out look. I've had mine for about a year and no tickets or pull-overs (knock on wood).

Blacked out tail lights can look good when smoked but when it looks painted (dull, no shine) they look crappy and cheap to me. A small part of me is dying right now even thinking this but, I dig that the mustangs offer blacked out tail lights straight from the factory. Not saying GM should do the same, just sometimes its the small things you notice.
I had big worms but I took if off. I dont like the film look and feel cheap so I bought a brandnew and it was professionally painted. Now its game over! Lol
Old 10-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #53
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Manbearpig talks the talk but when he gets pulled over and ticketed can he walk the walk.
Know what's funny? I've been in trouble before, I'm just not stupid enough to attract it to myself again, in any form.

IE, I haven't been to the sun either, or hit with a sledgehammer. I can say without a reasonable doubt that the sun is hot and the sledgehammer is going to hurt.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #54
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Know what's funny? I've been in trouble before, I'm just not stupid enough to attract it to myself again, in any form.

IE, I haven't been to the sun either, or hit with a sledgehammer. I can say without a reasonable doubt that the sun is hot and the sledgehammer is going to hurt.
Depending on where they hit ya, you may not even feel the sledgehammer.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #55
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Tinted taillights look as dumb as headlight eyelashes and have the added dumbness of putting people at risk. I wish they'd start fining people a cool $1k for safety violations see if we can't go ahead and get rid of this fad once and for all. Also I wish mods would take down these "i broke the law and got caught poor me cop's a douche" threads.
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #56
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
I was pulled over last August for blacked out tail lights and it cost me $$239? **** California!!!
No... it's not California's fault! It's YOUR fault!

So many people blaming "the laws" for getting ticketed. Blame yourself! You're the one who broke the law.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote