Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
mattwillis4

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS, Hurst
Best Ideas for first wash/polish and schtuff

Hello all,

So I'm loving my 45th SS and I'm still breaking in the engine. This weekend I am wanting to give it it's first hand wash, polish and seal. Given I'm in south Texas where the sun is about 6 inches from your face during the summer, I was wondering what would be the best combination or products to use. I've only ever just washed and waxed my previous cars, so this is going to be new to me. The other new part is the stripes. I've never had any kind of decal on my cars before so what is the best thing to do for those. Should I do this all by hand, buffer?

Any suggestions or methods would be much appreciated.

-Thanks all
mattwillis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Your best bet is to find a place to wash your car that is covered. If you haven't clay bar'ed your car yet, I would suggest doing that. I prefer the two bucket car wash method (one bucket with soap, the other to rinse the sponges before putting them back in the clean, soapy water). Also, wash the car first with Dawn (if claying barring) to get any waxes off of it. If you don't have swirl marks in it, then there is no need to polish it; but if there is, I would suggest using a porter cable to polish it. I am not going to suggest any types of products to use, because that will only start a brand war in the thread. Oh, after clay barring, wash the car again with car wash. after all the polishing (if any) use your wax or sealer of choice.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote