Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #43
X25


 
X25's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Thanks to @JusticePete, I have a new personal best at The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA.

Even though the car was way down on power from last month due to the heat, I was able to shave off a full second from my last, best time!

Unfortunately my GoPro battery died in my third session so no video but I did capture the whole session with my trackaddict app. Recorded .95G max on street tires and was one of the fastest cars in Intermediate.
Shoot, I wish you had the video, so we could take a look and analyze; I know RMP : )

Here's my video; my last time there with my 1LE before I traded-in:
__________________
'16 Corvette C7 Z51 1LT (Build Thread)
'14 AGM 1SS 1LE [COTW 11/17/14] (Build Thread) (SOLD)
'13 Mazda MX-5 Club (Build Thread)
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #44
naikaidriver
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Shoot, I wish you had the video, so we could take a look and analyze; I know RMP : )

Here's my video; my last time there with my 1LE before I traded-in:
It never fails that the camera battery dies before your best lap! Last Thursday it was extremely crowded and difficult to get a clean lap. It was so bad, I didn't even bother rendering session 2 because it was 20 minutes of just me, sitting in traffic most of the time. Next month I'm going to run in Advanced since it usually has half of the cars as Intermediate.

Just from watching your video I noticed some key differences. Besides you carrying consistently a few more mph than I in the corners, you are braking MUCH later than I am. The biggest difference is in turns 7a/b-10. Once you get the car settled out of 7b, you keep it floored all the way up the hill and I am just not confident enough in my car to hold the pedal down.

Here is what I did capture from the 3rd session before my camera died and I'd be grateful for any advice!
__________________
"The Beast" 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid

Last edited by naikaidriver; 08-01-2016 at 03:31 PM.
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:20 AM   #45
X25


 
X25's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
It never fails that the camera battery dies before your best lap! Last Thursday it was extremely crowded and difficult to get a clean lap. It was so bad, I didn't even bother rendering session 2 because it was 20 minutes of just me, sitting in traffic most of the time. Next month I'm going to run in Advanced since it usually has half of the cars as Intermediate.

Just from watching your video I noticed some key differences. Besides you carrying consistently a few more mph than I in the corners, you are braking MUCH later than I am. The biggest difference is in turns 7a/b-10. Once you get the car settled out of 7b, you keep it floored all the way up the hill and I am just not confident enough in my car to hold the pedal down.

Here is what I did capture from the 3rd session before my camera died and I'd be grateful for any advice!
My comments (only because you asked for my opinion ):
I watched the whole video. There're many things to talk about, but one common theme is that you don't seem to be 'in a hurry' anywhere. Once you start opening back your steering wheel, while you're doing so, you should also increase your gas input. More straight the steering wheel, more torque tires will take without braking loose, and you can gain vast times from that alone. Another part is the braking; as you've also noticed, you should brake much later. Another thing is using the track. These cars are already as wide as a train; you need to use the whole track, especially at the corkscrew, the beginning of the front straight, where your exit speed matters the most.

I'd highly recommend that you pick a few corners (like 2, 8, 11, and 13), and work hard on accelerating until a much later point and braking harder. You should also try to use more of the track, since not doing so will get you to your tires' limits much sooner.

On another note, I think you can benefit from wider front wheels.

This is what I used as reference to your comments, and assumed you mean 8a/8b when you said 7a/7b:
__________________
'16 Corvette C7 Z51 1LT (Build Thread)
'14 AGM 1SS 1LE [COTW 11/17/14] (Build Thread) (SOLD)
'13 Mazda MX-5 Club (Build Thread)
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #46
naikaidriver
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
My comments (only because you asked for my opinion ):
I watched the whole video. There're many things to talk about, but one common theme is that you don't seem to be 'in a hurry' anywhere. Once you start opening back your steering wheel, while you're doing so, you should also increase your gas input. More straight the steering wheel, more torque tires will take without braking loose, and you can gain vast times from that alone. Another part is the braking; as you've also noticed, you should brake much later. Another thing is using the track. These cars are already as wide as a train; you need to use the whole track, especially at the corkscrew, the beginning of the front straight, where your exit speed matters the most.

I'd highly recommend that you pick a few corners (like 2, 8, 11, and 13), and work hard on accelerating until a much later point and braking harder. You should also try to use more of the track, since not doing so will get you to your tires' limits much sooner.

On another note, I think you can benefit from wider front wheels.

This is what I used as reference to your comments, and assumed you mean 8a/8b when you said 7a/7b:
Thanks for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.

It's interesting how when I was out there, on the track, I would swear that I was braking later but, as I say at work, "the data doesn't lie".

I'll be back at the Ridge later this month for another SCCA Track Night and I will give your advice a shot. I'm gradually working my way up to keeping the pedal to the floor out of turn 8b through 10. As you surmised, I need wider tires in front and I am just not 100% confident that the car will stick with 245s up front and 275s in back. I really screwed up going with 9" wheels in front and 10" in the back but I'm pretty much stuck with what I have until next season.

Scott
Attached Images
 
__________________
"The Beast" 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #47
JOHNSONROD

 
JOHNSONROD's Avatar
 
Drives: 62 chevy & 2011 1SS/RS manual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 828
set a new PB this past saturday.
NCM Motorsports Park. 23 turn Grand Max layout. 2011 1SS, maunal. 2:18.21 Hoosier R7 slicks. Dry.
for you guys coming to LS fest, we are hosting an HPDE the thursday before LS fest starts on friday.
http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...0#.V6EevkYrK00

JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:16 AM   #48
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,079
Thanks, list should be up-to-date.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:14 AM   #49
CameronG63
 
CameronG63's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, Porsche 914, '81 GMC
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Conroe TX
Posts: 60
Texas World Speedway (Full, CCW), 2013 ZL1, Manual, 2:01.2, Goodyear Eagle F1:G2, Dry

__________________
Mods: Airaid CAI, Kooks Headers & cats, Nick Williams 102 TB, Lingenfelter 2.55" pulley, ID 850 Injectors, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Goodridge SS braided lines, Lingenfelter Pedals, Radar Projector
CameronG63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #50
Fanch1LE
 
Fanch1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 99
Texas World Speedway (Full, CCW) 2015 1SS 1LE, Manual, 2:01.114 and 2:01.203 in this session, Goodyear Eagle F1 G:2, Dry

Fanch1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:27 PM   #51
h018871
Geoff
 
h018871's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Blue
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 927
Went to NOLA over the weekend, fantastic weather with a high of 86 Sat and 72 on Sun with a bright clear sky both days
2:02.40, 2013 SS/1LE, Manual, Goodyear G2, Dry
Attached Images
 
__________________
Standard mods: cam, headers, cai..........etc

modifications: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332717
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #52
h018871
Geoff
 
h018871's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Blue
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 927
forgot to post this one earlier................sorry Chris.............
MSR Houston, CW, 1:51.89, 2013 SS/1LE, Manual, Goodyear G2, Dry
Attached Images
 
__________________
Standard mods: cam, headers, cai..........etc

modifications: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332717
h018871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #53
OminouSS

 
OminouSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Hot track candy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,078
Hi! Can Gen 6'ers get in on this action? There's nothing for us over on Cam6 and, afterall I may have sold the 5 SS but aren't we all family??? If so I have one for Thunderhill CCW 3mile W/Eaglesnest (Cyclone)...
__________________
Baby born 11/08/16. Left birthing place 11/25/16. Arrived home 12/6/16: '17 Red Hot ZL1. Stock.
OminouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:58 PM   #54
X25


 
X25's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Hi! Can Gen 6'ers get in on this action? If so I have one for Thunderhill CCW 3mile W/Eaglesnest (Cyclone)...
Perhaps the mods could rename the thread to make it clear that it includes gen 6, too?
__________________
'16 Corvette C7 Z51 1LT (Build Thread)
'14 AGM 1SS 1LE [COTW 11/17/14] (Build Thread) (SOLD)
'13 Mazda MX-5 Club (Build Thread)
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:59 PM   #55
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Hi! Can Gen 6'ers get in on this action? There's nothing for us over on Cam6 and, afterall I may have sold the 5 SS but aren't we all family??? If so I have one for Thunderhill CCW 3mile W/Eaglesnest (Cyclone)...
You are welcome here.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #56
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,079
Hey all,

Check out this new website that you can post your laps on and compare. It's new so I think they only have Texas tracks but will be expanding.

http://www.tracklaps.net/index.php
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.