Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #15
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I wouldn't say you're (as a group) driving us crazy........

............we're blessed to have a group of people who feel so strongly about the Camaro!

We DO listen -- and there ARE changes coming -- that said, what DOES drive me crazy is "the car should weigh 3000 pounds, have 400 horsepower and cost $20,000 -- and if it doesn't you're (GM) a bunch of losers!" (and yes -- I've gotten a note to that effect..........)

It's important to get your feedback -- that said, there ARE reasons to curtail option counts-- that's what holds costs down -- it eliminates a ton of part numbers-- and it aids in building a quality product. (if we built every car the exact same way, they'd have a perfect build...........)

Please -- tell us what you want -- but also understand that IF we don't or can't do what you ask -- please don't scream "TYPICAL GM!!" -- because that's simply not fair - and it's not true.........

Seriously, how many other automakers listen to what the enthusiasts have to say? The fact that Scott and Cheryl and all the others on the Camaro team have taken our requests to the higher-ups at GM is very impressive. Sometimes I wonder if Ford or Chrysler are as connected with their fans as GM is.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Hopefully that means individuals have been wearing you guys down?

Quote:
actually-- I've seen screaming matches over 26 cents a car..........
I'll give you $25 if you move the HUD back up to the original date and put Imperial Blue back on the SS palette.

2010 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS w/ HUD, 20" Polished Wheels, Sunroof, Engine Cover and Car Cover: FTW!!!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
So what you're saying is that my daily e-mails to GM asking about a 5th gen. Firebird are not in vain? Thank you, Fbodfather, you've let me know I must keep going! Also it has to have 460 hp and get 35 mpg and cost 30K or GM is a bunch of LOSERS. J/k.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:57 AM   #18
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Quote:
I what DOES drive me crazy is "the car should weigh 3000 pounds, have 400 horsepower and cost $20,000 -- and if it doesn't you're (GM) a bunch of losers!" (and yes -- I've gotten a note to that effect..........)

I..
How about a 620 hp ls9 for 57k?
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM   #19
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
It's great that GM is listening to us since I believe it's one of the critical steps which gets a company on the right track. I just hope that they don't offer everything to everyone which would not only drive up cost but also remove differentiation between models.

People like uniqueness. So far, 75% of board members are buying the 2SS. So am I but for my money, I don't want to see a less expensive model look the same as mine.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #20
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
So how can having the same color options for a V-6 or V-8 change costs any?

They should have one or two exclusive colors only to the V-8 IMO instead of reducing the color options.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #21
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:

............we're blessed to have a group of people who feel so strongly about the Camaro!

We DO listen -- and there ARE changes coming -- that said, what DOES drive me crazy is "the car should weigh 3000 pounds, have 400 horsepower and cost $20,000 -- and if it doesn't you're (GM) a bunch of losers!" (and yes -- I've gotten a note to that effect..........)

It's important to get your feedback -- that said, there ARE reasons to curtail option counts-- that's what holds costs down -- it eliminates a ton of part numbers-- and it aids in building a quality product. (if we built every car the exact same way, they'd have a perfect build...........)

Please -- tell us what you want -- but also understand that IF we don't or can't do what you ask -- please don't scream "TYPICAL GM!!" -- because that's simply not fair - and it's not true.........
Well said and agree 100%. ")