Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
adam0311

Drives: 15' red hot 1le
Agp twin turbo'd 1le

Hey guys just wanted to make a post letting others know how badass the agp kit is, wow what a kit . I originally wanted to go with a whipple because I've always been a fan of instant torque and blower whine.i work on a race team and travel all over the country ,earlier this year i had a race in pheonix and figured I'd stop by agp's shop. Kevin and his crew were very helpful and honest, I told them my goals and that I'm very indecisive and wanted room to grow in the future and they were straight forward didn't even try to over sell or nothing .freaking great pricing too

Now about the kit- the kit was impressive packaging was great everything labeled and clean. I was a tech for about 3 years on street stuff and have done a few kenne belles whipples bolt ons etc but I feel like if you have ever changed a tire or battery on a vehicle you could install this kit. The install took me and a buddy approximately 14 hours I'd say we did take our time and the last 4 hours on the second day I started to get sick.
I bought the 54/57 .63 ar housing kit with 850cc injectors.
I've had the kit on the car for about 2 weeks now and no issues yet not even a drop of oil. It was almost too perfect to believe
The power is there I'm on stock Goodyear super cars and the boost comes on about 3k-3200 rpm and traction is nowhere to be found it's awesome
Driving around town normally you wouldn't know it's got twins but when you get on it even alittle the twins whistle the bov says hello and the wastegates sound off
I would recommend this kit to anyone
That's pretty much all I wanted to say,it's not everyday I'm impressed this much by companies or shops. But agp is freaking great hoping soon to put some decent rubber on and tweak the tune and she what she makes
Thanks guys
adam0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Cheers, plenty of people with great results and happy with the kit. Had mine for a couple years, makes over 900whp, and is a ton of fun on the street.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Awesome review brutha. Very well put. I'm just waiting for my cash to come in. Selling my other show vehicles to follow in your (and most others) footsteps.
Enjoy!!!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
adam0311

Drives: 15' red hot 1le
Hell yeah bud You won't be disappointed. Even the instructions were awesome
adam0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Thanks bud. Glad you're pleased with it.
Softer rear shocks and drag radials will change your whole experience.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Well said.. I had a crappy Installer that didn't use the directions.. Once I went back and fixed there work its been trouble free and working perfectly..

I would still check on things like the wire that runs along the Pass side tranny that was supposed to be relocated and tied out of the way..

Go back and check oil fittings.. or line that may have shifted..

I think I'd like to do something better than the 3 fuse taps although they have caused no issues so far.

But yes this kit is awesome and kevin is very helpful before and after the sale.. one of the best customer supports around.

I want to start doing some track stuff... the oil temp runs about 220 weather its 30 or 110 degrees out.. driving it hard it does rise to that bar between 210 and 320. Not sure of whats dangerous or if I need an oil cooler. The factory oil cooler is not on the car anymore from the terrible installer.. or not sure the directions say to remove it..

the 15/50 mobile 1 at walmart been 24 to 26 bucks for 1 gallon hopefully that ok to use.. I keep having a guy from Shcaeffer's wanting me to try his oil,,

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Well said.. I had a crappy Installer that didn't use the directions.. Once I went back and fixed there work its been trouble free and working perfectly..

I would still check on things like the wire that runs along the Pass side tranny that was supposed to be relocated and tied out of the way..

Go back and check oil fittings.. or line that may have shifted..

I think I'd like to do something better than the 3 fuse taps although they have caused no issues so far.

But yes this kit is awesome and kevin is very helpful before and after the sale.. one of the best customer supports around.

I want to start doing some track stuff... the oil temp runs about 220 weather its 30 or 110 degrees out.. driving it hard it does rise to that bar between 210 and 320. Not sure of whats dangerous or if I need an oil cooler. The factory oil cooler is not on the car anymore from the terrible installer.. or not sure the directions say to remove it..

the 15/50 mobile 1 at walmart been 24 to 26 bucks for 1 gallon hopefully that ok to use.. I keep having a guy from Shcaeffer's wanting me to try his oil,,

you see 320?
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #8
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Our instrucions do NOT say to remove the oil cooler. I'm sure without one you do get 320 oil temps. That is getting up there. With a cooler, oil temps usually track around 20-40 warmer than whatever the coolant is.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post
you see 320?

No 220 normal driving the bar between 220 and 320 when I drive hard so 270 I guess.. it doesn't have a number..half way between 220 and 320 that driving hard once off the throttle it cool back down.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 04-27-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Our instrucions do NOT say to remove the oil cooler. I'm sure without one you do get 320 oil temps. That is getting up there. With a cooler, oil temps usually track around 20-40 warmer than whatever the coolant is.
I imagine that.. figured it didn't go back on after LME used a new block

Gonna get one installed

Old 04-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #11
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
try Shcaeffer's that stuff is pretty good, raised my oil pressure about 10 psi at idle. has high zinc so it definitely helps
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

ok thanks for all the input