Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #15
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
Abygale,
If your not looking a loud system then I don't think you want, the SPL loudmouth II or MRT system (Scrming's).
I just installed the MRT axel back system & I like it,..... but it is loud with some drone mainly from 2K to 3K rpm's.
I wanted a loud system.
Driving 50-70mph it's not loud untill you give it a lot of gas...(no,I will not use another term for that)..
Under 2k rpm's = not loud & no drone to speak of.

at the bolded part! I caught that

Yeah....most of them are too loud and aggressive sounding for me...but that's just a matter of taste....that MRT system sounds great, even the Borla one sounds good but my favorite to date is the Solo Performance one. Hopefully there will be more information posted today on it. Even the "mild" one for stainless works is very loud according to a member here that has it
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstpierre View Post

I still cry inside a little when I remember my v8 3" pipes and flowmaster 40s
Me too.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
at the bolded part! I caught that

Yeah....most of them are too loud and aggressive sounding for me...but that's just a matter of taste....that MRT system sounds great, even the Borla one sounds good but my favorite to date is the Solo Performance one. Hopefully there will be more information posted today on it. Even the "mild" one for stainless works is very loud according to a member here that has it
Abygale, from what I've read, it sounds like you want a system similar to what I'd like to end up with. Deeper and stronger than stock, maybe a tad louder but not a lot, that maintains a reasonably smooth, non-raspy sound.

I too am closely following the SOLO project, but also I'd like to recommend buddylok's setup. No, its not as simple an install because the parts have to be ordered seperately and installed, but since its not a full cat-back setup, it would still be cheaper than most of the setups out there.

You've probably already been there, but check out my exhaust sticky page (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104) and check out the link to his thread/videos in the first post. He lists the parts he used further down in the thread.

Just thought I'd give my .02
Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #18
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Abygale, from what I've read, it sounds like you want a system similar to what I'd like to end up with. Deeper and stronger than stock, maybe a tad louder but not a lot, that maintains a reasonably smooth, non-raspy sound.

I too am closely following the SOLO project, but also I'd like to recommend buddylok's setup. No, its not as simple an install because the parts have to be ordered seperately and installed, but since its not a full cat-back setup, it would still be cheaper than most of the setups out there.

You've probably already been there, but check out my exhaust sticky page (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104) and check out the link to his thread/videos in the first post. He lists the parts he used further down in the thread.

Just thought I'd give my .02
That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the link. I missed the thread somehow.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
Abygale,
If your not looking a loud system then I don't think you want, the SPL loudmouth II or MRT system (Scrming's).
I just installed the MRT axel back system & I like it,..... but it is loud with some drone mainly from 2K to 3K rpm's.
I wanted a loud system.
Driving 50-70mph it's not loud untill you give it a lot of gas...(no,I will not use another term for that)..
Under 2k rpm's = not loud & no drone to speak of.

Yep, that 2000 to 3000 RPM range is that "boomy" range I talk about in my in-cabin video... IIRC, Scott said basically you are hitting the natural harmonics of the car... or some thing like that... not sure if I'm using the right words.... There simply is not a lot that can be done in that RPM range, as I think the Solo thread showed...

Now I will say I'm not in the in the 2000-3000 RPM range very long... LOL! I'm either blasting through it on my way to 6900 RPM or cruising just below it at bout 1800 RPM....

I will say however going through the curves in the 3500 to 4500 RPM range (love Sport mode!) well.. the car just sounds plain WICKED! LOL!

And of course that all be said.... I promised myself I would NEVER EVER mess with the stock cats on a V6... It is the only mod I ever did on my V6 Stang that I regretted... and I know a few other V6 owners that were in the same boat... so... may do the shorties... but the stock cats stay! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
In my private message to Abygail, I told her about that rpm range. I had thought it was the V V T as under load, it doesn't sound like that. If you use the manaul and take off in 2 and keep upshifting, it doesn't sound as bad.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote