Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-20-2017, 01:20 PM   #71
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Just out of curiosity how many Camaro 6gen V6 did you race or puppy kick lol. And how do you know they weren't the i4. I'm not saying that your car wouldn't win it should. But if it was zero to 60 it would be definitely be interesting especially if the guy in the 6th gen has the automatic. The only 5th gen SS that really needs to watch it for the 6th v6 is the convertible. What's the average 0-60 time for the automatic and a manual non-convertible SS that you guys are getting?
0 to 60 as well as most numbers vary not just by car but by driver as wellI. I would have to look up the gen v6 times.....i cant even remembercthe 5th gen ss times. A 5th gen SS shouldnt be door to door with a 6th gen v6 . I really havnt seen many 6th gens of any combo period let alone have a quick hit with one. Maybe at the track the weekend after labour day i may get to run a few hopefully.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:01 AM   #72
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Runs Deep View Post
I ran into 4 of them. All rolls. The last one was in front of me, took the hit and was immediately ran around and gapped. I had my windows down with a passenger he was alone. Not many opportunities for a dig from 0-60 where i live, it's open highways and country back roads. You don't feel like your ls1 was faster from every speed?
The 4th gens I've driven still seem pretty peppy even today given they are closer in weight to your 6gen. The LS3, well driven, will eat a V6 6gen alive. I outran an SRT8 the other day, you ain't doing that with an lt.

To be honest brother depends on what year of SRT8 the 2006 is running 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds 2012 is running in 4.2 seconds if that's the case your car is either Highly modified. Or factory freak. The good news is you're faster than a 6th gen SS at least the 6-speed manual one if you're really beating 4.2 second cars zero to 60.

As far as feel goes you don't feel anything in a 6th gen. You would feel everything in an f-body platform. It definitely feels faster because it was built on a shady platform lot of fun but you felt everything.

You got to be careful in the 6 gen. You look down at the speedo you'll be doing 160 and not even thinking you're doing 110

The reason you don't feel it's because it's built on a Cadillac platform.

So for your car to be running zero to 60 in 4.1 seconds or less. Because you got to be doing faster than 4.2 if you're killing SRT 8s. What kind of mods do you have on that

Last edited by IMadeYouReadThis; 08-22-2017 at 08:30 AM.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #73
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
0 to 60 as well as most numbers vary not just by car but by driver as wellI. I would have to look up the gen v6 times.....i cant even remembercthe 5th gen ss times. A 5th gen SS shouldnt be door to door with a 6th gen v6 . I really havnt seen many 6th gens of any combo period let alone have a quick hit with one. Maybe at the track the weekend after labour day i may get to run a few hopefully.
I'm not sure either bro but I have no doubt a 5th gen SS would take out a 6th gen V6. That wasn't even a question. I do think it would be a fun race though. Maybe sometime we'll have it brother. The problem is for me at this moment is there's no real mods for the 6th gen V6. Chevy just made the engine so good for what it is that there's really not a lot of room for improvement but hopefully in time.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #74
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
I'm not sure either bro but I have no doubt a 5th gen SS would take out a 6th gen V6. That wasn't even a question. I do think it would be a fun race though. Maybe sometime we'll have it brother. The problem is for me at this moment is there's no real mods for the 6th gen V6. Chevy just made the engine so good for what it is that there's really not a lot of room for improvement but hopefully in time.
Thats not really a bad thing in regards to mods..i would auctually like that. Im hitting St Thomas dragway park the first nice Saturday night after the long weekend.Its my first time out this year and i want to test my upgrades. If you want ill gladly meet up with you and whoever may be interested in coming from your area somewhere on the 401 just west of Toronto. My buddy has his 5.0 ready to roll and is hoping to come as well. I know its a bit of a haul but if you figure im coming south to Toronto as far as your coming west we would have almost the same distance. We can get some Go Pro vids and have a few laughs. Maybe post it on Camaro 6 ...im banned so i cant do it hahah. I just goggled it...your 2 hours 26 min...im 2 hours 40 min. To St Thomas.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #75
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Quote:
To be honest brother depends on what year of SRT8 the 2006 is running 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds 2012 is running in 4.2 seconds if that's the case your car is either Highly modified. Or factory freak. The good news is you're faster than a 6th gen SS at least the 6-speed manual one if you're really beating 4.2 second cars zero to 60.

As far as feel goes you don't feel anything in a 6th gen. You would feel everything in an f-body platform. It definitely feels faster because it was built on a shady platform lot of fun but you felt everything.

You got to be careful in the 6 gen. You look down at the speedo you'll be doing 160 and not even thinking you're doing 110

The reason you don't feel it's because it's built on a Cadillac platform.

So for your car to be running zero to 60 in 4.1 seconds or less. Because you got to be doing faster than 4.2 if you're killing SRT 8s. What kind of mods do you have on that
It was a roll from 50 to 120. I doubt i could get him in a dig because of that 8spd auto. I have a manual, i never intended to dig race it much as i have an old school straight axle car I'm building to drag. I don't wanna beat my clutch and axles to death either.
I've driven many 4th gens and you are right. They feel very raw and faster than my car seat of the pants. They can also fly for little money invested. The 2 6th gen i drove did feel very smooth so may not feel as fast. I know the 6th gen SS Is faster than my car, I've driven it. But it's not the huge difference that you may think, especially from a roll. The 6gens light weight, gearing, and extra 30 ft lbs help it to launch really hard. If i liked the asthetic better is have one. But im also planning to mod and its easier to me with an ls over an lt
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #76
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
As I've said, i just don't live in an area with opportunities for 0-60 runs sans popo lol. Only actually lined up next to another sporty car at the traffic light a handful of times...

Last edited by Chevy Runs Deep; 08-22-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote