Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-03-2018, 03:31 AM   #1
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
Does the placing of ignition coils matter? +spark plugs...

So, I had a service stabilitrak warning pop up as well as a check engine light. It turns out my engine was misfiring. I first switched the ignition coils from cylinder 5 and cylinder 3 to determine if it was the coil before changing out the spark plugs. I'm relatively new to working on cars so I just want make sure it's okay to leave the coil from cylinder 5 on cylinder 3. Should I switch them back to their original position?

I'm probably going to replace all the spark plugs first and see if that fixes the misfire. Thanks for your input!
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Yes. All coils are interchangeable.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
JooktheSnooke

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
the coil itself doesnt matter. all coils are the same. it is the wires that plug into the coils that need to stay in the same spot
2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Stainless Works Longtubes w/ high flow cats | Muffler Delete | TSP 229/244 stage 2 cam| TSP .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Mulling high volume oil pump | PTB | Trunnion upgrade | Hurst short throw shifter | Elite Engineering Catch Can | Exedy stage 1 clutch |
JooktheSnooke is offline   Reply With Quote