Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
atlang3lo

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LS All Black
What exactly is the plug n play RCA cables?

Do i need the plug n play cables for my LS Camaro im putting 2 10's n a 1000 watt amp with my factory deck??
atlang3lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
jordan 572

Drives: none
if your talking about the one made by subthumb you need the boston acoustics system as it taps into the signal going into the amplifier.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
slowride-5
Groverat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thats right!
slowride-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
If you have the boston sound sytem, our plug and play harness plugs into the factory amp and gives you RCA output jacks. This is the easiest way to get the audio signal to your new amp as it eliminates soldering, splicing, and sorting thru the 26 wires to find the right ones. It also saves you from the possibility of harming your factory harness that could later cause more work gettin it repaired.

I am not sure if this will work on the non boston system since I have not had a factory radio out to check to see if the port on back will accept our connector. Hope to find out soon. If anyone has a junk or used factory radio I can borrow for a test, please let me know as this will speed up the process greatly.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
Hey Steve,
Can one purchase the harness separate from one of your packages? I did not see it on your web site. Please PM me. Thanks.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
steve is it possible for u guys to see if yall can do the none ba
Old 05-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #7
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Hey Steve,
Can one purchase the harness separate from one of your packages? I did not see it on your web site. Please PM me. Thanks.
Yes, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyb24
steve is it possible for u guys to see if yall can do the none ba
Like I have said before, MY car has the boston system in it so it is very hard for me to know until I get a chance to look at a non ba car or pull my radio out, which I don't plan on doing for little awhile. If someone wants to speed up the process and help me find out, they can either buy our harness and try it or send me a radio and I'll gladly check it.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
justinyvehc

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Yes, of course

Like I have said before, MY car has the boston system in it so it is very hard for me to know until I get a chance to look at a non ba car or pull my radio out, which I don't plan on doing for little awhile. If someone wants to speed up the process and help me find out, they can either buy our harness and try it or send me a radio and I'll gladly check it.
Hi Steve, Is it possible to use a 5 channel amp with your plug and play cables and replace the existing BA amp to power the factory speakers and also power a sub. Or would you recommend using 2 separate amps for components and sub? Do you offer any kits for this. Also wondering is there a way to control sub volume seperate from bass control on the HU

If i were to do this would there be a benefit or improvement to how well the factory component speakers would perform with a better amp. has anyone else tried this and got any input?

I was looking at the Jl audio stealth boxes before i saw your posting on here. was thinking of the 12W6V2 setup that installs on the driver side simlar to yours. Is there enough volume in those boxes for a 12" tho or better to go with a 10" How would you say your boxes would compare with the JL stealth setup.

I would be biased to using yours as I prefer a package that puts eveything in one box with instructions and a bunch of good referals like everyone seems to be giving you on here
justinyvehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Yes, of course
Steve,
I need some help ordering the plug and play harness. I could not find it on your web site. Could you please post a link to the plug and play harness. Thanks.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
www.********.com
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyvehc View Post
Hi Steve, Is it possible to use a 5 channel amp with your plug and play cables and replace the existing BA amp to power the factory speakers and also power a sub. Or would you recommend using 2 separate amps for components and sub? Do you offer any kits for this. Also wondering is there a way to control sub volume seperate from bass control on the HU

If i were to do this would there be a benefit or improvement to how well the factory component speakers would perform with a better amp. has anyone else tried this and got any input?

I was looking at the Jl audio stealth boxes before i saw your posting on here. was thinking of the 12W6V2 setup that installs on the driver side simlar to yours. Is there enough volume in those boxes for a 12" tho or better to go with a 10" How would you say your boxes would compare with the JL stealth setup.

I would be biased to using yours as I prefer a package that puts eveything in one box with instructions and a bunch of good referals like everyone seems to be giving you on here
Yes, you could use a 5 channel amp. A bass knob will control the bass independent of the system bass. Our box has plenty volume for a JL 12 if you look at the specs. Having no personal experience with a camaro JL stealthbox, I can't really make a comparison. I just know I'm never gonna spend a grand to find out what theirs is like. I doubt you will get $700-$800 more sound out of theirs than what our box provides. In my opinion, use that money for other things.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #12
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP25 View Post
Was this supposed to be an answer to my inquiry of where to order the harness? I know that Steve is associated with ********. I can go to ********.com. I can even go to the Camaro page, but I CANNOT find the harness on that site! Could someone post a link specific to the plug-n-play harness or give me a part number to search for when at the site. Throw me a bone here Steve, I have asked 3 times for this information because I want to order it ASAP. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #13
SSPower
Surely thou jivest...

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM/IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Was this supposed to be an answer to my inquiry of where to order the harness? I know that Steve is associated with ********. I can go to ********.com. I can even go to the Camaro page, but I CANNOT find the harness on that site! Could someone post a link specific to the plug-n-play harness or give me a part number to search for when at the site. Throw me a bone here Steve, I have asked 3 times for this information because I want to order it ASAP. Thanks.

http://********.com/Car-Audio-Produc...-Channels.html
SSPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #14
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

You can also do a search for it.