Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What's the most important to you?
The Engine/Power 19 11.18%
The Suspension/Handling 1 0.59%
The IRS/RWD 2 1.18%
The Performance 31 18.24%
The Value (in terms of price for what you get) 23 13.53%
The Exterior Design (including colors and lights) 53 31.18%
The Interior Design (Including Ambient Lighting/Stereo/etc) 4 2.35%
The Heritage 37 21.76%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
AlaskaZ06

Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Because ever since high school I have always loved the Camaro. 10 years ago I bought my all time favorite a 1968 rs/ss 396, now I will have a 5th Gen rs/ss.......does not get any better than that.
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I looked at this for a moment, but not too long.

The Engine/Power: I could get a G8 and be pretty darn close.

The Suspension/Handling: There's a myriad of cars available that the Camaro will compare to, or be ousted by altogether in this category.

The IRS/RWD: A factor that makes the Camaro special compared to others in it's segment, but not the dealmaker.

The Performance: As great as the Camaro will be it is not alone in the performance sector.

The Value (in terms of price for what you get): This was almost my decision, and as it stands is a close second.

The Exterior Design (including colors and lights): It's beautiful, a close third.

The Interior Design (Including Ambient Lighting/Stereo/etc): Again, a thing of beauty but not what wins me over in this poll.

The Heritage: Without a doubt. We are all here...hell the Camaro is REBORN because of our lust for the return of the nameplate. The reasons I want this car include everything above, and if I weren't a Camaro enthusiast I would like to think I would still not be able to deny the beauty of the 5th gen....but it's because I want to own another Camaro because of what it means to me (and so many others here) that I am so excited.
great point man! have to agree
CamaroEnergy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
I've never owned a camaro. For me its just the exterior.

Power? If the car only had 322 hp I'd still buy one.

The interior? I absolutely hate the gauges/dash. This is pretty much my only complaint about the car. I really wish it had gauges and a dash like the Vette or G8.

Value? Honestly feel that the recent GTO was a far better value. But the look is just Blah.
sykb47l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
the exterior is the best part for me... it looks so mean!

the engine and performance is pretty awesome and its more bang for the buck

and IMO I am not into it because it is a camaro or for the heritage... if it had mustang badges and was a ford I would still get it just cause it looks so amazing

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #19
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
IRS/RWD is my pick, with handling and power in second and third. There are a number of great hot hatches and sport compacts that are very fast, very fun, and very affordable, but I want the driving characteristics of RWD, and the Mustang's antiquated setup (and engines) cuts it out of the running. Now the great handling and steering we've read about in early reviews and the fantastic engines put it above all other competitors. The size and weight are the only areas it lags.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #20
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
ok this was rough for me then i saw MerF's post... he is absolutly correct... for me this car does look alot like a 69 camaro, but if you saw this car before you ever saw a 1969 camaro i'd say you'd be seeing 2 completly different cars... this is a CAMARO!!! who cares? it looks amazing, it will perform amazingly, it'll sound like a Camaro it'll feel like a Camaro should... this car (not to steal GM's thunder) is Camaro in it's own right just like every generation has been to this point... for me it's just the passion power spirit and feeling that a Camaro isn't just a car it's a living breathing emotion...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
In the end its the exterior edging out the heritage. For me it's a tie but for all intense and purposes some people who will purchase this car have no idea of it's heritage. Also I think the exterior wins by a slight margin because I believe that no matter who buys this car whatever engine is underneath that exterior still evokes serious emotion!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #22
oldbowtie

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2013 Regal GS
Exterior. Now, that was driven by heritage. I could, eventually, drop any power plant in there. Yeah....Exterior. It looks great...And I can't wait to take delivery.
oldbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #23
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I put the heritage but my true answer would have been my previous Camaro.

Its the reason I love the dash shape. Relatively flat but with a ridge sticking out at the top? SOOO Third Gen Camaro...

AND I LOVE IT!

Its the reason I'm going to do the wheels the way I plan. (See my Avatar.)

Its the reason I'll be happier with the sound of the V6 than the V8 (the exhaust clips so far sound just like my 305 camaro did stock).

Then the bits and pieces of other muscle cars I love -

The four pack and the two center gauges - love that about the 1st gens.

The hurst shifter - especially with the pistol grip I'll be getting. Love the old hurst pistol grip mopars (I know its not GM, but man I would love to have a hemi 'cuda some day... right after I get a 1970 Buick GSX and a 1971 Baldwin Motion Camaro).

I love the tail lights. So Corvette and yet so distinctly Camaro. The 'vette just wouldn't be able to pull off the angles of those tails.

And the 2010 camaro specific stuff. Lets not forget that.

Loved the seats on the vert concept and the beige interior is just so close its unreal. When I saw the concepts I was like, "Those are awesome seats... Too bad there's no way they'll make production." I know the color is a bit off but the beige should stay cleaner looking than pure white anyway.

Everything I liked about the concept stayed. Most everything I didn't like went - or got changed enough to be a good enough compromise for me.

It has a shark fin. I know a lot of people don't like this, but when I was in middle school and early high school my family didn't have much money and I used to envy the people who could afford the kind of car that had a shark fin antenna. The fin stays, dangit!

The B pillar means the engineers cared enough about our safety and the weight of the car to go the extra mile in making it almost impossible to see from the outside, unless you're looking for it.

The gas cap release means I don't have to worry about forgetting to release it before I get out of the car.

The radio looks sweet! I never though I would like the design of a stock radio so much.

True duals on a V6? Who expected that one??? I mean, seriously? *Not complaining at all though!*

It has as much lateral grip as my IROC got, and yet almost a full second quicker 0-60 stock and almost 2 seconds quicker through the 1/4 - for the 6!

I'm going to /rant before I keep going with this all day long...
- Xanthos

P.S. - Various edits above to better clarify everything.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 AM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Gah, I hated this poll.. I sat here for like 10 minutes trying to figure out what I liked best.

Of course there are so many that are valuable to me. But in the end, I had to go with Power. I've been with out a tire roasting, manual transmission car for about 4 years. And I want that seat of the pants, romp on the loud pedal, shockwave producing exhaust, stomp the clutch, row the gears, get it sideways feeling again. And that comes from all the good stuff under the hood. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by everything about the car. But If I have to pick one? More power please...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Gah, I hated this poll.. I sat here for like 10 minutes trying to figure out what I liked best.

Of course there are so many that are valuable to me. But in the end, I had to go with Power. I've been with out a tire roasting, manual transmission car for about 4 years. And I want that seat of the pants, romp on the loud pedal, shockwave producing exhaust, stomp the clutch, row the gears, get it sideways feeling again. And that comes from all the good stuff under the hood. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by everything about the car. But If I have to pick one? More power please...
It was really easy for me. There's only one reason I'm considering the Camaro over a cheaper cobalt XFE - and thats the sentimental value, basically.

I could get a cobalt XFE for cheaper, get better gas mileage, and do 0-60 in a respectable 7.5 seconds stock, which could easily be improved.
- Xanthos

P.S. - Depending on the cruze's specs, I'll probably get a used cobalt XFE as a daily beater eventually anyway. Plus, my fiance wants a family car with four doors eventually.

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #26
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
This is the only newer car that I actually LOVE the looks of.
It's performance should leave no one wanting.
It's AMERICAN heritage!
It's got the best bang for the buck out there.
I just really hope the handling is great, and has a terrific feel in the steering wheel!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #27
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
I had to go with the exterior design. I've never been a motorhead, I don't know much about performance, I'm only now starting to understand HP and Torque and all that good stuff. This might get the hardcore guys PO'd but I'm not too keen on the heritage either. My brother had a '69 that he was going to hand down to me (before my mom decided she wanted to sell it behind our backs. WTF right?) and I remember thinking it was just a gorgeous piece of machinery. Other than that I've never been a Camaro fanatic. The thing is that once I started hearing about the revival and researching this car, I fell in love. This has been my dream car and I never even realized it! haha. I guess it's testimony to the appeal that this vehicle holds. I've never been more excited about something in my life and it's comforting to know there are others that share my sentiments.

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
TheCavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #28
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Hey, I've never been a Camaro fanatic either. Back in the late '60s, early '70s I was a Mopor man, Roadrunner, but I did always have a lot of respect and admiration for those small block Camaros that were damn near impossible for my big block to beat. I did have an '85 Z28, but it was less than spectacular.
So, I'm now very excited about this revival. The car is most impressive in nearly every respect, and I sincerely believe it has a chance of being the best Camaro ever.
And just remember, whatever you need to learn to become a more knowledgeable motorhead you can find out right here.