Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #99
briwalbri

Drives: 2008 Roush 427R
Send a message via Yahoo to briwalbri
sorry to hear about the CGM

Makes me glad i ordered Yellow
briwalbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #100
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by briwalbri View Post
Makes me glad i ordered Yellow
Actually this makes me glad I ordered CMG, I ordered in lower west MoFN Canada so there's no way I'm going to be affected by this delay, and since some people are switching, there will be less of the second most popular colour, adding value to my car.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #101
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
I have heard this information from my Chevy sources and believe it to be true. Its really no big deal the Impala colors runs out mid April and the switch to CGM will happen then!

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #102
HeavyRightFooT

Drives: Z51 C6 LS3 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Good in theory -- now...shut down the Impala plant due to suck-economy...that would make building them kind of a problem, yes?

Not bad planning. Bad timing.

The joke, my friend...is that you used huge red letters when you don't seem to understand exactly what's going on here. Cyber Gray is totally dependent on the Impala's gray being finished. The Impala's gray will not be finished...so Cyber Gray has to wait in line.

It makes far more sense to delay CGM in this circumstance, because as far as you or I know, an 'on time' Cyber Gray car could take longer to deliver than a delayed Cyber Gray car. We'd never know...if not for this forum.

This is good business, they're filling ordered Impala orders...ya know -- those folks who bought an Impala over say...a Camry...wouldn't want to give them any reason to regret that, right? Like...screwing them over because the Camaro guys are whining?
Hi Dragoneye,

No attitude meant, but as you will notice if you read the sentence a second time the red "not cool" refers to the beginning of the very sentence where I point out the fact this could make me drive my crappy beater Hyundai one more month while I have a Camaro 2ss in order ... so I'll maintain in Huge red ... not cool.

Other than that, please take the remaining of the very message the way that will make you the most comfortable.
Some peoples think this kind of thing just happens, falls out of the sky, or just plain bad luck...
Some other think that GM could still be #1 if it had been a little more open to change and innovation. Some even think it was pretty much hanging to a branch ready to free-fall even before the crisis...
Some automotive manufacturers even still succeed to manage the crisis without being on the verge of collapse...

All this to say point of views are point of views. And because mine is different of yours doesn't mean it's wrong, that I don't understand, or that writing in red is the joke because it irritates your understanding of the post.

Cyber gray met is delayed one month, after the production is being delayed one month.. this is getting on the nerves of the Camaro customer I am. Call it bad luck, impala orders, crisis, good Business, it's all ok. I'll call it another of these things that make GM fall while some other don't, and again say that in my Biz I would have been out of a job if I had treated my consumers like that. And believe me it's a fact.

Again no arm or attitude meant, this is just my Camaro customer opinion, but it's not because it's different than yours that it's a joke or that I have a wrong understanding of the situation, my friend.

I will stand behind my order because I love the car, the company however is just slightly starting to irritate me.

Cordially,

HeavyRightFOot

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
HeavyRightFooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #103
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I got the joke Heavy...it was just really big.

You some ground to say you're upset. But you owe it to yourself to look at the big picture and realize what's really happening. You should be glad they delayed the car a month. Because they found some issues during test-fleet driving that they didn't want to pass onto you and I, the customer...

Then, suppose GM shut its mouth and its doors, and we only learn about this car's existance last month. We'd never know that Cyber Gray was delayed...we'd never know that the darn car even goes through the same paint booth as the Impala...therefore, none of us would have any ground to be annoyed that Cyber Gray cars happen to be coming out later than other colored cars. I'm not saying you shouldn't be a little peeved. All I'm saying is that GM gave us that ground to stand on and get pissed...use it responsibly, instead of lodging "this is why they're failing" remarks.

No attitude here, bud...The TRUTH is, not opinion, that the delay in production is an example of the new GM's commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, not the reason they're in trouble. And the color's delay was a poor case of bad timing...
Old 02-15-2009, 02:03 AM   #104
HeavyRightFooT

Quote:
I got the joke Heavy...it was just really big.

You some ground to say you're upset. But you owe it to yourself to look at the big picture and realize what's really happening. You should be glad they delayed the car a month. Because they found some issues during test-fleet driving that they didn't want to pass onto you and I, the customer...

Then, suppose GM shut its mouth and its doors, and we only learn about this car's existance last month. We'd never know that Cyber Gray was delayed...we'd never know that the darn car even goes through the same paint booth as the Impala...therefore, none of us would have any ground to be annoyed that Cyber Gray cars happen to be coming out later than other colored cars. I'm not saying you shouldn't be a little peeved. All I'm saying is that GM gave us that ground to stand on and get pissed...use it responsibly, instead of lodging "this is why they're failing" remarks.

No attitude here, bud...The TRUTH is, not opinion, that the delay in production is an example of the new GM's commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, not the reason they're in trouble. And the color's delay was a poor case of bad timing...
Alas driving that #$%^ Beater Hyundai one more month is a really big big pain the the $#!! , and it's no joke
Sorry I didn't got the memo about the standardized use of Font size and color didnt meant to make anybody uncomfortable with that.

I'm looking around myself and trying humbly to see the big picture, I'm trying to depict the point of view I have and obviously it is different than yours. I dont see why you make so much of a problem of all this.

GM is on the edge. It's not a politically incorrect "remark", it's a fact.
I'm even upset to hear so many excuse for so many delays and things that will not be like what where announced, when I think about all the good peoples working hard in that company to make things work.
And I'm speaking of friends of mine.

GM is not letting info filter and opening itself just by good luck... it's called grass roots marketing.
It's great don't get me wrong, I love to get these insights and info's.
But if they continue not to be able to stand behind their announcements and revelations, I'll continue to be disappointed that's all. And I'm sure a lot of peoples will too. That's my opinion.

"No attitude here, bud...The TRUTH is, not opinion" well you see I don't pretend my post is "The TRUTH", still not that perfect. Still just posting my opinion. What kind of unreasonable use of this forum am I doing I'm asking you ? I'm I unreasonable in the fact my view differs from yours ?
I'll return your remark : you owe it to yourself to look at the big picture and realize what is really happening.

I wish GM rises from it's ashes. For the Camaro, Chevy, and all the friends I have working over there, who by the way get "a little peeved" too when they hear that 2 month delay is part of GM's new commitment to customer satisfaction.

Still with no attitude meant

HeavyRightFOot

08 C6 z51 headers/vararam/tune/420-410/ccw sp550 19+20/Pzerro Nero 275-30-19F 305-30-20R --- to be traded for a Z28 ?
Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #105
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You go HeavyRightFOot +1
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #106
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Yeah..."you go".

I'm done.
I can only provide information and point out false assumptions: which I did. The rest is up to you.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #107
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
you gotta figure they should have most of the kinks worked out if any by then and be close to full speed so it shouldnt take too long i can wait
ElManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #108
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Yeah..."you go".

I'm done.
I can only provide information and point out false assumptions: which I did. The rest is up to you.

wow, some people just like to be mad and complain dont they???
a 9500 plus post moderator that is respected by all on Camaro5, who is always calming down the 'sky is falling' doom and gloom posters.....
or a 19 post doom and gloom poster....
maybe heavy right foot would do well to calm down and try to be objective, read both sides again.... and then maybe 'we all can get along'

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #109
Red Hot
:)

Drives: 2SS RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post

a 9500 plus post moderator that is respected by all on Camaro5, who is always calming down the 'sky is falling' doom and gloom posters.....
maybe heavy right foot would do well to calm down and try to be objective, read both sides again.... and then maybe 'we all can get along'
Good point.
Red Hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #110
HeavyRightFooT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post

"19 post doom and gloom poster" ... sorry didnt knew I had to reach a certain number of post to have permission to be pissed when the company selling me the car fails for a second time to deliver.

Now I'm sure we all can get along. Indeed I have absolutely nothing against Dragoneye nor against you for that matter. Even if my opinion differs from Dragoneye's own I'll respect him for speaking he's mind.

I indeed had read both sides and thought a couple things had to be mentioned. I'm sure everyone will be able to forge it's own opinion too.

Now I'll stop voicing my point of view on these matters replying to this thread since it's seems it's stirring more discomfort than anything else.

Until the next delay,

Heavtfoot

Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 AM   #111
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
It is not really how few posts you have..... it the the number of QUALITY posts that he has.... You are, of course, allowed to have your opinion...
You should not, however, use this site to bash its members. Yet, being the gracious MOD that he is Dragoneye tried to reason with you...
So, take what he, and the other mods, say as it is meant to be.......
not as a personal attack. that is why I am here

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #112
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Ok now that everybody is done fighting.....

Can we get the real info from Scotty or Fbodfather?
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote