Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #169
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Come-on Dragon.... don't lose your criticism skills in all your excitement for the Camaro, lol.... those back up lamps don't add to the sharpness..., it would look much cleaner without them.

But I guess to each there own.
I just don't need to use those skills. I'm not losing them

It would be cleaner w/o them...yes. But I think it's sharper with them on. take a look. even on the prototype - they've got little facets that lead right into them from the surface of the fender.....very sharp.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #170
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
LOL...

I'm guessing most of you were not born when the Camaro first came out in the late 60's.
Nope. But I have a great appreciation for the 1st gens and their styling. There are also quite a few other members here who were born back in the 60's, who own 1st gens, and also have that same appreciation. I don't see how being born in the 60's is going to change a persons view of todays 5th Gen concept Camaro....or vice versa. We can clearly see both of them. It's simply a matter of taste. And it wasn't made to be retro...if it was, GM would have pulled a Dodge and made a cookie cutter of the 1st Gen. That was obviously not the plan.

I myself had a yellow 69 back in the early 70's.
Cool. Betcha still wish you had it. I'd love to get my hands on a 1st Gen.

Compairing what I had with today style just doesn't do for me.
Then you're here on this board because.........?????
If all you are going to do is trash the 5th Gen (so far all I see from post #1 and post #2), then feel free to sign off. Sure, you are entitled to an opinion. But, I wouldn't go over to a Mustang forum (being respectful to it's members, of course) and tell them I loved the fox body 93 style Cobras...BUT, todays Mustangs suck, I don't like this, I don't like that, etc, etc, etc. I wouldn't expect to be on that board for very long. And I actually do like several versions of the Mustang...including todays. But seriously, if you like the 5th Gen, discuss it with us. If you don't like it, you have made your point. But, I won't sit here and allow our members to get worked up over nothing but your dislike for the 5th Gen.

Son-in-law has a mustang and it sure looks like the ones from my early years and I'm sure Dodge Challenger, once it comes out will also remind me of those good ol'days. But this Camaro has no retro style.
No retro style? Well, this has been answered...has retro cues but wasn't meant to be cookie cutter...

BTY - Nobody has any comments about those backup lens. Guess you'll agree it doesn't look good.
There are plenty of comments about the reverse lights. If you take a few minutes to and , you will find those comments.

Time to sign off and go play 18 holes of golf.

Per your golf club comment... I'm sure you'll be able to fit a set of clubs in the trunk of the 5th Gen. There's a heck of a lot more space in it than in the 4th Gens (HUGE improvement). Now, 2 or 3 sets of golf clubs? Why would you want to do that? It's not meant to be an SUV. It's meant to be a sports coupe ...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #171
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

... It's meant to be a sports coupe...
UH HUH! The baddest sports coupe on the friggin road!!!!

Sorry for the outburst... Couldn't help it.... Bored at work and there's no shouting alowed.... My boss is stupid that way... Dork.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #172
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
I don't like the door handles... they could've just put a 4th gen handle on it i think it'd have looked better (much prefer the concept's handles) and it's a shame about the petrol cap but all together it still looks good.

Wonder how long it'll be before we see 5th gens modded to look more like the concept.
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #173
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Son-in-law has a mustang and it sure looks like the ones from my early years and I'm sure Dodge Challenger, once it comes out will also remind me of those good ol'days. But this Camaro has no retro style.
It's not supposed to have 'retro style'. It's meant to be a vehicle that looks at home in the year 2010, not 1969. It was designed to look as if it is the 1969 Camaro evolved over the last 40 years.

Had the Camaro gone the full-on retro direction that the Mustang and Challenger did, I'd have had little to no interest in it.

I'm 33, if I wanted a vehicle that looks like my parents may have driven in their younger years, I'd go buy an old model. I (and many many people out there) want a fresh modern design all my own.

My dad is 56 and LOVES the new Camaro. He plans on getting one shortly after I've gotten mine.

Quote:
BTY - Nobody has any comments about those backup lens. Guess you'll agree it doesn't look good.
I personally have no opinion either way. They look fine to me.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #174
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
LOL...

I'm guessing most of you were not born when the Camaro first came out in the late 60's.
Anyone can pinch pennies in the styling department by just plagiarizing an old design, as Ford and Chrysler demonstrate. It takes a real car company to pay homage to an icon with a modern design. If you want a copy of an old car, just go out and buy an original. They'll actually appreciate in value. If you want a modern car, buy a modern car, styling and everything.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #175
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
We have a Gas Station here that has 8 rows of pumps and two pumps per row, with the ability to fill to either side of the car, and a big sign as you enter says to follow the arrows and enter in the same direction, and still 1/4 of the people will drive around the sign and come in the other way... I see now why Florida had such a problem with those Ballots in 2000, 1/4 of the people can't read instructions or follow arrows..... Geesh...

Oh sometimes a pump will cut off pre mature because of various reasons, such as a pressure drop in the pump from someone else starting to use on. this happens alot if there are many using the gas pumps at the same time... I have had it cut off and when I started my car it only went to 7/8's full... I always give the handle another squeeze to make sure it didn't cut off too soon.

The static build up is not exaggerated. you can get a healthy spark when you touch the handle of the gas nozzle. and if there are enough fumes present.. well you know what can happen. Even if you are getting out for the first time it is a good practice to touch something metal BEFORE you touch the gas Nozzle.
Yup, know what you mean about people just not being able to read signs. If they can't follow directions in a gas station, how can we expect them to follow directions on the road? Revoke their licenses I say.

Never had a pump cut off prematurely on me. If that is an issue that I just didn't know about, then disregard what I said.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #176
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
camaro10, like you, I pray that they "cut open" those air vents. If there's one thing that I think is so cheasy, it's having air inlets, vents, etc that DON'T WORK. I think it's a waste even putting them on. One of my biggest complaints about the Mustang...air vents. My wifes 00 had them. The air vents in the sides were for show and the one in the hood didn't work either. CHEASY. I sure hope they cut'em open!!!

camarosc35, ^the Camaro has NOT been delayed until the end of 09.
Like I said, even if they don't make them functional. Just cut them open, put some kind of bar behind them so they don't bend/warp, whatever. JUST PULEEZZZEEEE cut them out!!!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #177
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Quote:
LOL...

The Challenger, when released will have to compete within its own family(the
Charger) to make decent profits, so dont go waving your Challenger banner as of yet. And to comment on your displeasure of the pre-production's blandness. Keep watchin! Im sure what you see now is not going to be all that you get.

Last edited by daddyseth1; 01-07-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: typo
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #178
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I fanboys. sigh

Just let the baby have its bottle. He'll eventually get bored and die off.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #179
camaro10

Quote:
camaro10, like you, I pray that they "cut open" those air vents. If there's one thing that I think is so cheasy, it's having air inlets, vents, etc that DON'T WORK. I think it's a waste even putting them on. One of my biggest complaints about the Mustang...air vents. My wifes 00 had them. The air vents in the sides were for show and the one in the hood didn't work either. CHEASY. I sure hope they cut'em open!!!

camarosc35, ^the Camaro has NOT been delayed until the end of 09.
Exactly, do you want this?
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #180
camaro10

Or this...
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #181
camaro10

Vents, Vents, Vents, Now I'm getting worried about what the headlights will look like!!?????
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #182
camaro10

Scott, I love ya man, but why is it that automakers, all automakers, bring out these fabulous concepts to tease us and then water them down. Granted, ya'll are doing a good job keeping it as close as possible, but if it's not even possible to start with, why do you show it as a concept knowing people like me are going to whine when we can't have our show car! Not that the pre-production pics I've seen aren't awesome, but to loose the small things that made the concept so cool to start with. It's a bitter pill to swallow. I HAS to be worse for you. Anyway, thanks for pushing, I'm still stoked!