Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #57
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
I am going to call today and see where I am at. 50/50 shot of it moving along.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #58
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Ok, So I read the whole thread and now I am even more pissed off. Let me get this right. Sales guy treats you like shit, doesn't keep you informed, never calls you back, etc etc. You are so fed up that you intend on dealing with the sales manager directly and got better results. It gets so out of hand you end up getting upset and posting on the web to make sure you are right. After everyone tells you what you already know you then have a nice chat with the salesman and everything is all better? Really?

No wonder dealerships take advantage of so many sheep. I love to hear the big bad customer say "If I'm not treated right I'll just stand up and walk out"

It is simple in sales, it's called Pace-Lead Process.

Tell the customer what you are going to do, how you are going to do it, and what is the benefit to the customer.

Do whatever you feel is best. I for one would never give someone like your salesperson a rather large comission check for what he has done.

So lets say your salesguy gets paid around average of about 15% of total gross. Now lets say the overall deal makes $3000.00. You do the math and find out how much he is making for not giving a crap about you.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #59
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
In a normal situation, I would've walked long ago. But I'd rather not get sent to the back of the line at some other dealership. And there's not many in the area charging MSRP or less. I'm kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. He said he didn't get the messages or the emails... who knows how accurate that is but I guess I'll take his word for it. He's always been honest with me so no reason not to really. But I have since emailed him and he responded within minutes. I had never really "complained" to them before so they may have thought everything was hunky dory. I think we're now clear on what I expect so everything should be cool going forward. Or maybe I just have some form of stockholm syndrome...

Last edited by UCF w00t; 04-20-2009 at 09:20 PM.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #60
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by InventoryGuy View Post
So lets say your salesguy gets paid around average of about 15% of total gross. Now lets say the overall deal makes $3000.00. You do the math and find out how much he is making for not giving a crap about you.
They get much less than that. The dealership takes it's cut first. Then PDI. Then the General Manager. Then the desk manager. Then the closer. THEN finally the sales guy. By then that gross is closer to half. ($1000-$1500)
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #61
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
They get much less than that. The dealership takes it's cut first. Then PDI. Then the General Manager. Then the desk manager. Then the closer. THEN finally the sales guy. By then that gross is closer to half. ($1000-$1500)
If you know of a sales guy working that pay plan then shoot him in the head. It is pretty coomon to see pay plans working both front and back. Last time I was on payplan I earned 25% of front profit and 10% of back profit. Front is basically anything before you walk into the finance office.

Everyone's payplan is based off a percentage of gross profit, each person doesn't take a slice of the pie, so to speak, to lower the other person's percentage.

Anyway, my only point is that if I am allowing someone to make a paycheck off me then I am getting treated like a valuable customer. I guess just years in sales has engrained that in me.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #62
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by InventoryGuy View Post
If you know of a sales guy working that pay plan then shoot him in the head. It is pretty coomon to see pay plans working both front and back. Last time I was on payplan I earned 25% of front profit and 10% of back profit. Front is basically anything before you walk into the finance office.

Everyone's payplan is based off a percentage of gross profit, each person doesn't take a slice of the pie, so to speak, to lower the other person's percentage.

Anyway, my only point is that if I am allowing someone to make a paycheck off me then I am getting treated like a valuable customer. I guess just years in sales has engrained that in me.
Almost ALL the sales guys I know are on a plan where they make 20-25% on the front end ONLY after all the managers and the dealership have taken their cut, and on SOME trucks they get some of the incentive money as well. And that's it. When is the last time you worked at a dealership?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #63
'68-'88-'01-'10-'17
2017 ZL1 HBM / 2010 2LT

Drives: '68, '88, '01, '10, '17 Camaros
Thumbs down

Well, I have been monitoring this site since early in January, but this thread finally got me to register so I can post a reply. (btw, I LOVE the VIN tracking thread!) And, I will have to apologize for the long post in advance, I really need to vent...

You have every right to be annoyed, but my problem went one step further: I ordered (and paid a $500 deposit) on January 22nd, and my dealer NEVER ENTERED MY ORDER into the system AT ALL. Now I will never have the "early order activity" designation on my sticker, nor will I ever receive a "welcome kit". These things are only for those orders placed (and entered into GM's system) prior to 03/16/09.

I thought I was being a reasonable person by not breathing down their necks until production began, but sent my salesperson an e-mail on March 10, after seeing the pictures of the pre-production cars on this site. I asked him to provide my order number (when I ordered, he said it would be entered within a couple of days). After a couple of days without a reply, I went to the dealership and was told he no longer worked there. His boss brought out their "pre-order list" and showed me that I was #33 on the list (and sort of glossed over the fact that their allocation was 30 - the first question I asked the salesperson before I placed the order was whether or not their allocation was full, and he said no) and said he didn't want to give me an order number then because he was going to try to get my order switched with another "slot" that had cancelled. So, I waited a little over a week, getting periodic e-mails that said, "I'm working on getting slot X for you...", until I finally got tired of the runaround and demanded a straight answer (in the form of an e-mail stating that I felt that I had been lied to and asked why I shouldn't just cancel the order). Next thing I know, their Gen. Mgr. is on the phone (the son of the owner) explaining to me how nothing had been misrepresented because there were 4 orders for convertibles that wouldn't be placed within this allocation (sounded reasonable - I know they won't be in production for quite a while) and if I wanted to come back into the dealership I could give them all of my specs (which I had already provided with my deposit, and have not changed at all since) they would enter it into the system and give me my order number, and he would also make sure I got my welcome kit by the end of the week. I went in on 3/25, and I was not yet aware of the 3/16 cutoff, otherwise I would have demanded a refund and gone elsewhere then.

When I called GM on 4/13 to follow up with the welcome kit, I got the bad news, called the dealer to ask him how he was going to fix it, and was told I was wrong because it was impossible to enter an order into the system in January, and there wasn't anything to fix. Then they became unwilling to give me any information at all regarding status, (I just wanted to know how many cars they had released to GM under their allocation so I could get a rough idea where I stood.) so I finally called another dealership. The other dealership said they had not filled their allocation, and said I would probably be at 2000 within a couple of weeks.

So, last week I finally just cancelled my order with the original dealership and placed the same order with the other dealership (I'm still waiting for the promised full refund). I had already lost the "pre-order" advantage, and, as far as GM can see, my order date only slipped by a couple of weeks. I am fairly certain I would have sat at 1100 for the next two months with the original dealer, but now I will have to wait and see if the new dealer comes through as promised. At least the sales person immediately gave me his cell phone number, and so far he has always answered it when I have called him (twice), and insists that I can call and get a status update any time I want to, which will probably only be once every couple of weeks until something starts happening.

I really don't think I was an unreasonable customer, but I honestly believe the first dealership is very uninformed about the new Camaro (they didn't think they could enter orders before 3/16?!?) and really doesn't care about customer service at all. It is kind of scary to be talking to their "Camaro expert" who doesn't know nearly as much as I do!

Once again, sorry for the long post, and I am patiently waiting for the day when I can have a long post of these when I see my VIN on the tracking list!

Ordered (01/22/09 dealer never entered, 03/25/09 cancelled, 04/13/09 official!) - 2LT, RS, IBM, CGM rally stripes, sunroof.
'68-'88-'01-'10-'17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #64
UCF w00t
Geek

Here's an update, now I'm really mad. But this time not with the salesman at all, the manager.

Ever since I talked to him on Saturday, my salesman has been prompt and giving me more information that I even asked for. No complaints at all. But I've now confirmed that the GM, who controls the orders, has really screwed me over. My order should have been "placed" (2000) in the 9-14th order cycle. But instead, two orders got placed ahead of mine. The first one, I somewhat understand. Basically the GM screwed up when he placed the order. The customer, a member on here, had the hurst shifter on his order that had to be removed for obvious reasons and the GM wasn't paying enough attention to notice that the RS package got dropped off as well. That car has already been built without it so they had to reorder his. They placed it to the front of the pack, knocking me down a notch. Frustrating, but I kind of understand it.

Then, this week, I found out that the GM has an order (it has his name in both the DAN field and stock field). That was ordered a month and a half after mine. Also, when I got a copy of the page showing the priority of all the orders, it was 3 behind mine. BUT, it has mysteriously been placed already!!!! When I pointed this out to my salesman, he seemed genuinely annoyed and told me he would find out what the deal is. Well the GM is saying that all of the orders were submitted in order and claims nothing is wrong here. I call BS.

Now that they know their allocation for the coming month, mine won't be placed until the 7th-12th submission period. An entire MONTH behind when it was supposed to.

This completely sucks. I'm so angry right now. But I feel like there's nothing I can do. If I cancel and go elsewhere it will push me back even further. And frankly, that would probably be doing them a favor as they would just put another order in my place; someone who isn't already pissed off at them. What is a guy who's obsessed with this car to do? If I knew of a dealer selling @ MSRP that could get me one in even a similar time frame anywhere close to hear I would jump ship in a heartbeat. My original thought on delivery was June at the latest. Now it looks like I may not even hit that target. UGH!!!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
your message is conflicting. "I hate dealers" and in your sig "dont hate" who are you really?

I was gonna rant about how not every dealer is like that, but it's not worth it. Ignorance will exist no matter what.

As far as being annoyed goes, you are more than justified in your anger. I'd definitely change who your salesperson is.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #66
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Woot, Put out an all points bulletin on the car you want. It seems like there have been a few come up and become available. A bunch are at 3000 now and maybe someone has to back out. Its worth a shot, and I know how the sour taste this sob is leaving in your mouth is just going to get worse and worse. Dont cancel your order with them until your new one is confirmed but with all your great work on the forum I am sure the network will find you a car somewhere. There is nothing I can say to ease your anger and its ok to be pissed because you try to lead your life fair ans square and then a scumbucket like that continues to be a jerkoff.....Anyway post up your request and let us members do what we can to help you out.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #67
UCF w00t
Geek

Hah that would be sweet. Not going to count on it but it would be cool.

IOM 2SS with black interior. That's it.... no options.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #68
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
I hopefully will catch my salesman tomorrow to find out if anything is happening.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #69
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgls1 View Post
I hopefully will catch my salesman tomorrow to find out if anything is happening.
Yours is already submitted so you should be fine I would think.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #70
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Hah that would be sweet. Not going to count on it but it would be cool.

IOM 2SS with black interior. That's it.... no options.
That sounds easy enough, hopefully someone has that one open somewhere. It would suck after all they have did to you Woot that they end up with your money, no backlash for what they did.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote