Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #15
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
Just finished the install on my new BMR polyurethane motor mounts and I'm very happy with them so far. Haven't gotten to drive the car yet but the install was pretty straight forward with only a few hiccups due to the instructions being slightly unclear. But they are built with great quality and look great.
Mine came in about the time you installed yours and you aren't kidding. The instructions leave a bit to be desired. I will be installing mine today and I wanted to thank you for posting pics. They answered some questions I had.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:40 PM   #16
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-bayou View Post
Mine came in about the time you installed yours and you aren't kidding. The instructions leave a bit to be desired. I will be installing mine today and I wanted to thank you for posting pics. They answered some questions I had.
Glad my post helped! feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any more questions!

You can use the motor mounts to lower the engine 1/4 inch but spacers are included to put the engine back in its original location as well.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:43 PM   #17
BurnedRubber
Ben Rakers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
LOL...I had a '74 Olds Cutlass with a self built 10.5 to1 .030 455, cam, headers, reverse manual valve body t-400(also self built) connect to a 9in detroit locker with 3.55(also self built)..everything had solid mounts except trans mount which was poly...of course there was NVH...why else would you do this kind of a mod in the first place?

I want to know if the mounts change the engine position at all from factory? any NVH IMHO with this mod is a plus because it is one more direct connection between you and the car....peace out
Sounds like an awesome ride! unfortunately the car is still on stands so I don't know about any NVH yet, but I have the same opinion as you. The engine sits in the same place unless you opt not to use the 1/4" aluminum spacer, then it will sit 1/4 inch lower than stock. I opted to use the spacers because I don't want the header collector to be too close to the ground.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS K&N Blackhawk Cold air intake, Hawk Performance Ceramic pads, BAER drilled and slotted rotors, Side louver black faded inserts, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MSD Spark Plug Wires, Texas Speed 1 7/8in Headers and cat back, High Flow Cats, 3 inch X-Pipe, Speed Dawg shift knob, Tuned by Nickey. And oh, its My first car.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_L...5jF6EQEoKDNQ2g
BurnedRubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #18
blue-bayou

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS/Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnedRubber View Post
Glad my post helped! feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any more questions!

You can use the motor mounts to lower the engine 1/4 inch but spacers are included to put the engine back in its original location as well.
Just wanted to let you, and anybody else, know I put them in with minimal difficulty. There is noticeable harmonic vibrations transmitted from the motor at idle but nothing irritating. Hardly noticeable at speed. My wife rode with and she didn't notice. Then she drove it and didn't complain or mention(yet). Shifter is rock steady-of course prior mount was broken. Feels a little more responsive.

If I had to do it again I would reverse the locations of the long and short bolts from what the instructions say, which, from your pics, it appears you did that already.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:45 PM   #19
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Good to know.... Mine rocking with its cam is a lot more than stock as are all built motors in about any car.....And someday the stock has to go.... so its a wonder if stock is a lot better with the vibrations compared to stiff poly....