Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
inyafacein3d

Drives: 2010 SS L99
F/S: Blck/Blck 2010 2SS/RS - Please help me decide on a sell price

I have a 2010 SS I'm selling. It has 37k miles w/100k mile GM bumper to bumper extended warranty. It also has the GM ground effects kit.
The current list of mods are:
custom rim setup (24rear/22front)
American Racing 1-7/8in headers w/hi flow cats, X-pipe, and aftermarket exhaust
ADM Performance cold air intake
1in Eibach drop springs
Custom tune.

I'll sell with all of the aftermarket parts if someone wants to buy it like that, but I'm probably going to return it back to stock condition probably with the exception of the drop kit and maybe the cold air intake. I have the polished 20" staggered rims with at most, 500 miles and brand new stock Perilli tires. The tires still have the stickers on them from the dealership, and have never been mounted on the car. I would like you guys honest opinion on what you think I should sell for all stock and another price with all of the aftermarket parts. I'm just looking to get into something bigger due the family expanding. Thx for your input. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

inyafacein3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Daily Driver

Drives: Silver Bullet
Dam nice looking car!!
Daily Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Good luck with sale for a gorgeous car!

I'd take your sides/rear if you ever parted them out or just your sides.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Gorgeous car. Unfortunately, the mods are going to limit the pool of prospective buyers because the powertrain warranty is voided. Putting it back to stock will only fool a buyer into assuming the warranty is still intact. Technically, it probably is still intact. However, if you were to bring it into a dealer for warranty repair and they scan the ECM, they'll find that it's been re-written to. That will void the warranty. I just sold my car and was upfront with my buyer about that fact. They were OK with it. I had many views on Autotrader while it was for sale but, only a few calls. I attribute that to people being scared off by the mods. I sold my 1SS for $28k and I only had 18,000 miles on it. You've got twice that. I don't think that detracts from the value all that much but, you've got to consider that will be a factor. I think somewhere between $26k and $28.5k would be a fair and reasonable price.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
Gorgeous car. Unfortunately, the mods are going to limit the pool of prospective buyers because the powertrain warranty is voided. Putting it back to stock will only fool a buyer into assuming the warranty is still intact. Technically, it probably is still intact. However, if you were to bring it into a dealer for warranty repair and they scan the ECM, they'll find that it's been re-written to. That will void the warranty. I just sold my car and was upfront with my buyer about that fact. They were OK with it. I had many views on Autotrader while it was for sale but, only a few calls. I attribute that to people being scared off by the mods. I sold my 1SS for $28k and I only had 18,000 miles on it. You've got twice that. I don't think that detracts from the value all that much but, you've got to consider that will be a factor. I think somewhere between $26k and $28.5k would be a fair and reasonable price.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
inyafacein3d

Thanks for your input guys. I don't plan on keeping that info from the buyer, I'm going to let them know of all of the work that was done to it, as well as show them the dyno sheet. I've taken it to the dealer multiple times after having the tune done, and there were no problems from the dealer, so the 100k extended warranty is completely valid. The dealer I use here said as long as the aftermarket parts or custom tune doesn't cause the problem that needs to be repaired, they don't have a problem with it. I can't speak for other dealers, only for the one here. I will put the tune back to a factory tune as well after the aftermarket parts are removed. More input is welcomed. Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
[QUOTE=inyafacein3d;3684985] The dealer I use here said as long as the aftermarket parts or custom tune doesn't cause the problem that needs to be repaired, they don't have a problem with it.

Yes but once your powertrain acts up, or if any suspension part breaks, your dealership will say the tune caused more strain on the powertrain, therefor it is voided.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #8
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
removing the tune and putting it back to stock won't help. They look for multiple ECM flashings as evidence. It's an old trick they finally got wise to.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
inyafacein3d

Gotcha, again, this will all be disclosed so the buyer is fully aware. I'm leaving all of the aftermarket parts on until I find a buyer anyway, so they will know exactly what they're getting. I'm not putting everything back to stock to hide the fact that the car was modded, I'm doing it b/c I'd rather keep the parts or sell them separately rather than take a huge loss on them. There will be a loss regardless, I know that, but if I can reduce it any, I'm okay with that.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
mikey1107

Drives: 2017 SS
So are you selling,what is the price?? I am shopping for one right now
mikey1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
Dwaynelo

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS W/Silver Stripes
I would be interested in your stock rims and tires. I am in Houston. If you are not selling them, what do you want for your Foose rims? Send me a PM if interested.
Dwaynelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #12
inyafacein3d

As of now, I'm plan on putting the car back to stock, so I'll need the stock rims. I don't have any Foose rims, those are the boxes the stock rims were in before i got them mounted to the new tires. If anything changes, I'll let you know.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #13
ScoobyDoo

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
car

Id give u 27 for sure, if its perfect id give u between 28 and 29500
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
how much do you want with all of the aftermarket parts?
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote