Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-03-2022, 08:59 PM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Hendrix Solid Rear Cradle Bushings has anyone used this brand?

Hi, I am just looking to see if anyone has used these particular ones, It doesn't appear to be many options for solids any more. Just wondering how fit and finish is , Any issues with them? Would I be bette off with a different brand ? Thanks

https://www.phastekperformance.com/H...ix-he-x-cb.htm
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:54 PM   #2
SS 310H55A

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Looks to be the same thing as the Pegasus bushings. I’m running Pegasus and love them.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:42 AM   #3
Joe.G

Pegasus is a name that comes up often when searching but are no longer available. I think I am going to order these in the next couple weeks, just figured I'd try and get some feedback on these before doing so. BMR Delrin is another choice I may consider.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 01-04-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 310H55A View Post
Looks to be the same thing as the Pegasus bushings. I’m running Pegasus and love them.
^^^^ this. I am also running the Pegasus as well and absolutely love them!! Makes the entire rearend SOLID!! Been installed for about 3 years now.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:32 AM   #5
SS 310H55A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Pegasus is a name that comes up often when searching but are no longer available. I think I am going to order these in the next couple weeks, just figured I'd try and get some feedback on these before doing so. BMR Delrin is another choice I may consider.

Pegasus didn’t make the actual bushings. They were made by someone else for Pegasus. The company that made them went on to sell them under a different name. I just don’t recall what name that is, perhaps that is Hendrix. Detroit speed and afe also make solid cradle bushings.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:16 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Pegasus didn’t make the actual bushings. They were made by someone else for Pegasus. The company that made them went on to sell them under a different name. I just don’t recall what name that is, perhaps that is Hendrix. Detroit speed and afe also make solid cradle bushings.
Yes, and if you look at them they are ALL identical in shape and design, just different finishes..
Old 01-04-2022, 08:37 PM   #7
Joe.G

afe Seem to only offer an orange color and not a fan of it for my car, Detroit look real nice but they are pricey the last time I looked and I was not able to find them on their site last week. Hendrix Or BMR are probably what I will end up with.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #8
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Just installed the Hendrix in ZL1. They fit perfect. Don’t forget to freeze the bushings before install(shrinks bushing). I think install without removing cradle is easier. You’ll only need to remove swaybar mounts and end links.

Good luck
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:54 PM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

This is how we did it...

Old 01-10-2022, 07:45 AM   #10
Joe.G

So Should I go Solid or Should I go Poly and keep the Hotckis Brace which really tightened the rear up, I am trying to keep noise down, As I do want this to be a car I can take on a trip and not be annoyed as well.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-10-2022, 09:11 AM   #11
SS 310H55A

Quote:
So Should I go Solid or Should I go Poly and keep the Hotckis Brace which really tightened the rear up, I am trying to keep noise down, As I do want this to be a car I can take on a trip and not be annoyed as well.

All depends on what you can tolerate. I did notice more noise from the solids but my exhaust is louder so it didn’t really matter to me. Luxury cars bore me. I like refinement but I don’t like too much of it. I don’t mind some rawness in the ride. If you’re building a car to track, sacrifices will have to be made.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:56 AM   #12
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
All depends on what you can tolerate. I did notice more noise from the solids but my exhaust is louder so it didn’t really matter to me. Luxury cars bore me. I like refinement but I don’t like too much of it. I don’t mind some rawness in the ride. If you’re building a car to track, sacrifices will have to be made.
Well said.. And yea it all depends on what you can tolerate for sure. Driving my Camaro the other day I paid attention to what noises I was hearing now that I can hear over my exhaust without the drone. I am running the Corsa ZL Sport catback, which is really loud at WOT and hard acceleration, but quiet at cruising, most all I can hear is the noise my rear tires make on the road, gear noise and anything else I don't hear at all. In you case Joe, if your car is pretty tight with the Hotchkis subframe connectors, I would do the poly's since it is that tight for you already. You would have that "firmness" from the poly's but still have the "cushion" so to speak of not being solid. Just mu .02. Good luck sir!
Old 01-11-2022, 10:26 AM   #13
Joe.G

1JEWLDSSRS I was thinking about doing that as well, But After speaking with the Owner of Hendrix I am going to get his Cradle Bushings.

I spoke with the Owner of Hendrix today and he seems like a honest guy, After speaking with him i am leaning towards his Offset Poly Bushings and His Solid Cradle. The Poly are not on his site as he like myself are not good with this computer stuff.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 01-11-2022, 04:15 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
1JEWLDSSRS I was thinking about doing that as well, But After speaking with the Owner of Hendrix I am going to get his Cradle Bushings.

I spoke with the Owner of Hendrix today and he seems like a honest guy, After speaking with him i am leaning towards his Offset Poly Bushings and His Solid Cradle. The Poly are not on his site as he like myself are not good with this computer stuff.
Well done sir!! You will be happy with that combo. Nice and tight, AND on the quiet side in the ride...