Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Rupkin2

Drives: 2014 RS Silver Ice Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd8401 View Post
Anyway I knew from the start that I would never get close to the v8 sound, but I didn't want loud or droney has to be sort of a smooth and better than stock sound to be had
Exactly on both points.
One of the muffler guys I talked to said 6cyl just don't get V8 or good quality sound, he said everything is the same except an odd number on the banks.

I'm with you on that loud/droney and better than stock. But Omg, I just had to do something about the stock. That's how I initially caught your post, but I ended up cheaper and quick. Way so happy.

I will admit without a doubt, more money, more time = more quality sound. (I'm not saying mine is bad)

I can't believe how you can build a car like that and give it a sewing machine sound

I will post the vid of the new exhaust when I get a chance.

sorry.

John
Rupkin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 AM   #16
bdd8401

Drives: 2015 2LT SW RS A6
Guy that installed mine swears up and down that it has no drone, so maybe I am crazy or something and like I said when I stand on it has a great growl to it, but at other times it is just to loud. So I will try other things to get it where I want it to be. And hey I got a good deal on the flow masters when I bought them so I am not complaining I just want to adjust the sound to my liking. The cold start rumble is awesome but it does change as the car warms up and of course them longer I drive it the sound will change as the exhaust gets seasoned.
bdd8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #17
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
Quote:
Guy that installed mine swears up and down that it has no drone, so maybe I am crazy or something and like I said when I stand on it has a great growl to it, but at other times it is just to loud. So I will try other things to get it where I want it to be. And hey I got a good deal on the flow masters when I bought them so I am not complaining I just want to adjust the sound to my liking. The cold start rumble is awesome but it does change as the car warms up and of course them longer I drive it the sound will change as the exhaust gets seasoned.
After you having the flow master AT for a while, how do like it? Is it still too loud?Did you throw on a x pipe on it?
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #18
bdd8401

Drives: 2015 2LT SW RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5dreamer View Post
After you having the flow master AT for a while, how do like it? Is it still too loud?Did you throw on a x pipe on it?
I never got around to having the x pipe installed, after the mufflers seasoned over time tone was a little better. To me if the engine loads up without up shifting I hear drone, but I have a set of npp mufflers I will be installing eventually. And the npp may have drone with the valves opened all the time, will have to wait and see when I have them installed. Lesson learned was everyone wants a different sound so I would try to listen to as many different exhaust installs as you can in person if possible until you are sure which one you want to purchase.
bdd8401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:25 AM   #19
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfydaniel1990 View Post
if you have a flowmaster AT , be ready to have a rediculously drone in the carbin, i have a 15 rs 2lt with flowmaster at outlaw mufflers, my car is shaking at every rpm below 2400
How do you like the outlaws on the V6 ? does it sound good ?
Old 07-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #20
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
I never got around to having the x pipe installed, after the mufflers seasoned over time tone was a little better. To me if the engine loads up without up shifting I hear drone, but I have a set of npp mufflers I will be installing eventually. And the npp may have drone with the valves opened all the time, will have to wait and see when I have them installed. Lesson learned was everyone wants a different sound so I would try to listen to as many different exhaust installs as you can in person if possible until you are sure which one you want to purchase.

If you do NPP mufflers I definitely commend the resonated x pipe. It'll be too high pitched and a bit raspy otherwise. Voice of experience. If you do the vacuum hookups it's better but it's still not great, again, too high pitched.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote