Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie SS View Post
Oh, by the way. While the maro was there I had the tech install the CAI intake.
That sucks man. Glad to see all was fixed...

Just wanted to go off-topic for one second...I took my G8 in for CEL...and the service manager asked me right away if I had an intake...I said no...only the K&N filter...then he tells me he can void my warranty right there if he feels like that is what caused the stupid CEL...but he left me off with a "warning"...I'm just not going back to that dealership. AND YOUR DEALER INSTALLED THE CAI FOR YOU!!! STUPID DEALERSHIPS IN CALIFORNIA!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #16
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
Do you have the LS3 or L99....do you remember if the bulletin applied to both? What's your VIN number and when was the bulletin dated.....I know...a lot of questions, but it could help others discover the problem.
Well I found a PI (PIP4492J) on replacement of lifters for smoke/oil consumption and its for the L99 only. It is also for a LONG list of other vehicles.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That sucks man. Glad to see all was fixed...

Just wanted to go off-topic for one second...I took my G8 in for CEL...and the service manager asked me right away if I had an intake...I said no...only the K&N filter...then he tells me he can void my warranty right there if he feels like that is what caused the stupid CEL...but he left me off with a "warning"...I'm just not going back to that dealership. AND YOUR DEALER INSTALLED THE CAI FOR YOU!!! STUPID DEALERSHIPS IN CALIFORNIA!
I don't think the "service manager" can do it. He will need to submit the info to GM and they will make the decision.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #18
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
I don't think the "service manager" can do it. He will need to submit the info to GM and they will make the decision.
Well he can refuse to fix it. That guy is just a douche though.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well he can refuse to fix it. That guy is just a douche though.
That's why there's other GM dealers. If he doesn't won't the work the next guy will . The most a K&N filter will damage is maybe the MAF. But it shouldn't void the warranty on anything else. Now if you have a "tune" then that's a different story .
Old 12-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #20
Rick James

Drives: 2010 Camaro
had this issue with mine, starting to realize I think mine came with every issue!
Rick James is offline   Reply With Quote