Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #43
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
BLASPHEMY....

I don't understand why the Z28 makes people so mad.

I'm not saying they have to make it now. And GM hasn't said they will never make it again. So why is it such a big deal for some of us to hope for the best....

+1
On the other hand, it might not be a rumour, anyways enough of this, time will tell, I refer all posters on this thread t turn to the thread A Touch of Humour, we need some fun, oh and Number 3s thread, hes quite the joker
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #44
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i wasn't tryin to burn that person's source & sayin they're wrong. i just meant that with GM's current state, we need to focus on the car we know exists & is being released. GM ain't officially said there's a Z28 & they've never officially said it's dead. all i meant was that in a time where GM could use every dollar they have right now, it wouldn't be wise to invest in a car the market can't currently support, and they know that. i'm suggesting we focus on the cars available & support them instead. if the camaro is a need, buy the SS & be happy. if it's purely a want & you can stick it out a little longer, more power to ya, but it ain't productive to keep stirring the pile.
So is it more productive to "stir the pile" about the 30 day production delay or GM's "immeninent demise"?? I get very tired of seeing post after post, thread after thread on those topics too (as well as lack of Navi, HUD, ambient lighting, how long it is taking the Camaro to come out, and a few others), but for the most part I just avoid those threads if I don't want to wade through some of the ridiculous posts contained in them.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #45
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey Zebra, i didnt direct at you, in fact not at all so sorry if i offended you in any way, i know exactly what you mean and i agree with you 100 percent. Its just that lately, everyone has been jumping out at peoples sources and in some cases we could have all had information earlier if people just accepted it. maybe in a couple of monthes or a year, or longer that there will be a Z28 hitting the streets in 2011. Even though im not getting one, i would be happy for eveyone who gets one and i would be excited to see it tear up all the competition, but for now im just happy we are all getting our Camaros.
there's a difference between someone coming on here and saying "this guy who works for GM said they are making a Z28 as a 2011 model" as opposed someone like... say Scott Settlemire coming on here and saying "hey, we are going to push to make a 2011 Z28"
as for having information earlier, a lot of us on here were privy to some "insider" info before it was officially released and were sworn to secrecy about some things. sure we could have came on here and blabbed about it so that everyone else would have known something 4 months before GM decided to release the info. but would it have really made a difference? for how long did we debate over the headlights? all we got was a " those are not the real headlights" from scott and others. but we got no other info about the real headlights.

now as far as a Zed 28... until I hear it from Scott or a few others in my "top dog" list, its still on the drawing board with no planned production date.

as its been said before, we need to get this car out and on the streets before we worry about a special edition version of it. its counting your chickens before they hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Zed: Twenty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
Sure it may sound old but the more people who talk about it and such may get their wish. I can recall thinking back in 03-04 I sure wished Chevy would bring the Camaro back.
I can recall back in 02 wishing they werent cancelling the camaro to begin with.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #46
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
stick the z28 u know where... GET OVER IT HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #47
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OTOYS View Post
All manufacturers of cars, boats, bikes, sleds, computers, etc hold something back for later. This is a fact of life. If this is a big deal, sit on the bench & watch. I prefer to play now & pay again later to trade up to the then , latest & greatest.
+2 09 Slades. Now that attitude won't bury you in financial ruin or throw the country into a disastrous recession or anything like that.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #48
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
So this is pure speculation, but Chevy could just be doing the same thing that Ford did with the Mustang. The Mustang was out for two years before the Shelby GT500 came out. If the Camaro sells well then we might see a Z/28, GM just needs to make some money. I highly doubt that GM won't put out a Camaro to challenge the Shelby when they have some money.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #49
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
that's what we've been saying all along. some people just won't let it go until they have one within a few months of production, which ain't gonna happen
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #50
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I heard that the Z28 is ONLY going to come in that b/w color pattern also.
Of course! Makes it invisible to radar - no tickets... BRILLIANT!
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #51
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't understand why the Z28 makes people so mad.

I'm not saying they have to make it now. And GM hasn't said they will never make it again. So why is it such a big deal for some of us to hope for the best....
Because it's only been talked about over and over and over and over...

And over and over and over...
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #52
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
and over and over and over and over
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #53
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Sorry guys, But you should be able to predict that the Z28 will always be connected to the camaro. And people are going to want to talk about it.

Now, I will admit that some of the conversations are repetitive. But, the Z28 is par of camaro heritage and a lot of people want to see it make a return... We're just wondering what the future may be. At least we aren't bashing GM over it. We all understand that it's not the right time. The conversations on the Z28 don't have any negative connotations to them. They aren't argumentative in any way. Just wishful thinking.

You know what I'm sick of hearing about the SS. It's been discussed over and over and over again. Get over it please.....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #54
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Sorry guys, But you should be able to predict that the Z28 will always be connected to the camaro. And people are going to want to talk about it.

Now, I will admit that some of the conversations are repetitive. But, the Z28 is par of camaro heritage and a lot of people want to see it make a return... We're just wondering what the future may be. At least we aren't bashing GM over it. We all understand that it's not the right time. The conversations on the Z28 don't have any negative connotations to them. They aren't argumentative in any way. Just wishful thinking.

You know what I'm sick of hearing about the SS. It's been discussed over and over and over again. Get over it please.....

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #55
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:

at least we're getting an SS in a few months! (just had to rub it in )

the rational Z28 discussions, i'm fine with... it's the ones like "well ford's got the gt500, so you need to get on the stick" comments that annoy me
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #56
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
I ordered a Z28 yesterday...however I won't be taking delivery until 2039 and I won't get to drive it...but I will be burried in it!

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote