Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Allanski

Drives: Car
Can we have a Convertible Forum??

We have Z28 forum and it is not even guaranteed into production, but we dont have a forum for the Convertible which is coming for sure!

Please set up for us vert fans - thanks
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
+1
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
exflirt
Corvette Goddess

Drives: Soon - 2015 Z06 Convertible
I totally agree! I keep scrounging around the various forums searching for any new scraps of info on the convertible. It would be nice to have one spot where it is consolidated.
exflirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
agreed. you could probably post this in the feedback/suggestions area though! lol
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
that's a good idea

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
there is a suggestions forum! lol
Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
First of all it should be a convertible thread not forum and what would be so diffrent besides a convertible top you would have to discuss?
Old 10-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Here, here !,
Theirs a ton of stuff (Andro/others) for one the Convertible is heaver than that of a Coupe, so the frame is different (!), theirs different breaks(?), suspension(?), 3rd light, whats going to power (elc., air, fluid) up/down for the top, the wiring will be different(!), its possible theirs going to be a ton of stuff, or why would GM charge $7K for just a top (?), I talked to a guy that told me he could cut a top for 3K-4K and reinforce a frame for a few more gran, total 4K-5K, he's done 30+/- cars and they look good too, but he told me it's 5K typically, but he said why GM is possibly charging more, its gotta be because, they are adding some other stuff too, because of the weight, they are required by law to make the car safe :(!): he recommends to all of his clients to add better breaks, suspension, upgrade the trans, stronger rear gears, (replace any stock parts that came from the coupe !) he also tells me this is why most shops that cut a coupe will charge 10K or more (safety issues manly !).
But this is just the surface of the topic (!), Mod's, adding accessory's, Insurance & registration stuff, Q&A's, care that's needed to keep it in good shape, you would want to know why your paying 7K more for a coupe, would you not (?), I could go on all day, but it all comes down to its a big topic tho (!), as a future owner of a Camaro Convertible, I & or others may want the scoop on what's what,why,where & who.
" I'm so glad the Convertible is coming out (!), I too would like a forum just for the Convertible !, PLEASE ????? ".
Thanks for putting this thread up and every ones time !
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Update;
I've chat w/a few people yesterday & every one is asking me (even a Local Dealer, ha ha !) a bought the build of the vert, Jan 2010, (Feb 2011 release !) a lot of these people want to know because, thay may want one too, all of us would like to know , more (!), "were all dieing to know in Idaho !"
he he he, I told my people(s) I got a little bit of good news from a reliable source, he he (fbodfather), "the reliable source on the internet states that: the vert is going to be so sweet, we wont be disappointed !
I figure who would be disappointed, if any one likes the coupe they will love the vert " ! ", I think I've got 3- maybe 4 people that may want one, once they see the real vert, also 2 of them may like to see the Z28 vert once its avaible ? I'll keep telling my friends & others a bought the updates as we all get them ! the vert is going to be a sweet addition to the Camaro fleet !
I hope we get a Forum going I'd like to discuss the thoughts with others on the topic of the vert, I have ton of questions and thoughts !, maybe even some ideas, like the third light, we might be able to find out if it can be removed off the trunk/deck lid and put it on the spoiler(for those that wont want it on its location), maybe we could plug the hole if their is one (?) or get a deck lid off a coupe & move it to the spoiler, adding it to the spoiler wont be to hard, I wouldn't think (?), use a LED strip off another spoiler at the same gauge in thickness or smaller & run the wire inside the spoiler to the deck lid then run the wire to a clip that matches, the same clip on the harness , running the wires in between the frame ., this would take some time and a good body shop to cut the spoiler to get every thing to fit wright,( for those who couldn't do this?), I'd like to see the LED bar in the spoiler like it was shaped to it, or like it was molded to the spoiler " that would make it look stock too !" the possibility's are endless!, he he he he. I'd better stop, this thread was meant for the possibility of a Forum., but maybe this and many other stuff may help this case/cause !
Later every one !, I hope this stuff help's us ?, if not, I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
don't be surprised to see vets going out at the end of the month to rental companies. antennae will be in the spoiler. vert will start going out beginning of the year to public.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #11
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
don't be surprised to see vets going out at the end of the month to rental companies. antennae will be in the spoiler. vert will start going out beginning of the year to public.
Antennae won't be in the spoiler Scott Settlemire spoke about it the OC show meeting on Friday.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
Antennae won't be in the spoiler Scott Settlemire spoke about it the OC show meeting on Friday.
depends on what model you get. if you get the ss, it's in the spoiler and if you get the base model, you will have a flush mount antennae.

sorry, forgot to mention that.

anyone tell you about how far the spoiler goes over the edges?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #13
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
depends on what model you get. if you get the ss, it's in the spoiler and if you get the base model, you will have a flush mount antennae.

sorry, forgot to mention that.

anyone tell you about how far the spoiler goes over the edges?
There's pictures here somewhere....
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Talking Forum; Tread:

Still here !, he he he...,
Not move n' he he he Ha !

Because of the weight were gaining ?, vert owners "soon !" ;
I wonder if any one has been thinking if the V6 or V8 on the vert is going to have added power vs the coupe (?), this has been bugging me.
Are we going to get better springs or shocks, breaks ........ ?

The all new Convertible !, Welcome to the Fleet !
Attached Images