Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplhester View Post
Running a car tire on the back of a motorcycle is about as unsafe as it gets. I've worked in a Yamaha shop for 4 years now so I have some experience plus I've been riding for years. I understand that you want more miles out of your tires but a car tire is an accident waitin to happen. Also yes it is important to have matching front and rear on a motorcycle. Sorry to thread jack.

My experience says your wrong. What actual experience do you have to match your statement?

Also, what about the bikes that come mismatched from the factory, care to explain?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Always replace tires in pairs or all 4 unless they are VERY new. You want them to match.

I had to replace my rears this week because of this:

I got 2 even tho the one on the other side is fine. don't skirt on tire safety. I'd try to return the crappy tires you got... unlikely... and get the correct tires on there to match the front.

You did good getting both but bad getting the wrong kind!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
Im_Fly_Like_A_V6

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS L99
Ronvenna.. from one fellow Irviner to another.. i remember when i first got my back in January.. i kinda hated the attention at times.. i remember when i weant to the spectrum 1 day i parked in the structer and i saw these idiots teenagers trying to air-hump it.. smh
Im_Fly_Like_A_V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
ronvenna21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Fly_Like_A_V6 View Post
Ronvenna.. from one fellow Irviner to another.. i remember when i first got my back in January.. i kinda hated the attention at times.. i remember when i weant to the spectrum 1 day i parked in the structer and i saw these idiots teenagers trying to air-hump it.. smh
Yes some people don't have respect for neither themselves or other people, it's truly disgraceful. I'm original from Minnesota and I know for a fact things like this would never happen there. I guess it's just one of those California things we have to deal with. I'm just hating the attention so much at first it was cool to have people come up and talk to me about it but now it just gets annoying and everyone gives me a glare because I'm a teenager driving this nice car. I've even reverted to driving my dads pathfinder around till college starts. So sad it has to come to that...
ronvenna21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
ronvenna21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quick View Post
how many miles were on the tires?
About 11500 miles
Old 09-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #20
ronvenna21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Always replace tires in pairs or all 4 unless they are VERY new. You want them to match.

I had to replace my rears this week because of this:

I got 2 even tho the one on the other side is fine. don't skirt on tire safety. I'd try to return the crappy tires you got... unlikely... and get the correct tires on there to match the front.

You did good getting both but bad getting the wrong kind!
As a college student I can't dish out 1 grand on the original p zeros
Old 09-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #21
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Lol I guess you can't read to well. I work in the motorcycle industry as I posted earlier. A motorcycle tire is rounded where a car tire is flat. Hey it's your bike and your health I personally think if you would take into consideration it's a CAR tire on a bike something is wrong.
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronvenna21 View Post
As a college student I can't dish out 1 grand on the original p zeros
See if a salvage yard has any used ones they pulled off a wreck.

If it was a head on collision the rear tires would be fine.