Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #57
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I think you should sue Chevrolet for ten million dollars!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #58
NOT URSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to NOT URSS
^ lol
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #59
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I think you should sue Chevrolet for ten million dollars!
I was really just looking for a resolution that made me (the customer) happy.
I don't feel I really got it. It took over a month, it was HELL, everyone failed to call me back and two people got fired. Once we worked out the car swap, it took over 2 weeks AND I had to pay 2,500 bucks for the new car because it had the NPP exhaust and the sunroof and a few other bells I didn't order.

It's unfortunate because I could have sued for a lot more than 35k and I was really looking forward to this car when I ordered it.

Oh well, hopefully its all over tomorrow and I can buy something foreign the next time around.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #60
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

It's almost over, I picked up the new car and there was a dent on the rear driver fender over the wheel which they have agreed to roll out and repaint. The car appears to be in better shape than megan was... finger crossed.

I hope people will use my story as an example. I will think long and hard about what to say in my report.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #61
Bsanf21
Love me some Camaro's!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
You should chew the dealerships ass for making you pay the 2500 bucks. Maybe call a lawyer and see if there is a case against them. If anything, get a lawyer on standby, and see if they refund the money. That is total BS.
Bsanf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #62
mwn

Drives: 69 Z28
What did the sales manager NOT say?

When dealing with sales people always think of what has NOT been said.

"He personally assured me that the vehicle was never damaged in any way on the lot."

He did not say the car was never damaged, ONLY that it had not been damaged ON the lot.

mmmmmm, wonder why he limited the location of damage to the lot?

Could have been damaged in a test drive as has been mentioned or prior to getting to the dealership. In both cases the dealer is covered in that his statement is accurate and true.
mwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #63
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
It's almost over, I picked up the new car and there was a dent on the rear driver fender over the wheel which they have agreed to roll out and repaint. The car appears to be in better shape than megan was... finger crossed.

I hope people will use my story as an example. I will think long and hard about what to say in my report.
Holy cow man! How many miles did this "new" car have when you got it? They put you through all this and then made you pay extra for a dented car! Holy cow man!

Also, was our GM customer service forum member helpful?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #64
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

I agree, however I'm so over dealing with this it isn't even funny.
The new car already has issues.
The 4 Gauge Pack has the same issue that the last car had where it wasnt installed correctly and I can see through the cracks on the sides (clips aren't pushed in), the car has a dent, the side skirt panel isn't flat its coming off the car, and the system keeps asking me to reset the window.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #65
meshamey
Meshamey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 2014 Camaro ZL1
I guess Im just lucky, I have a 2011 2ss and have not had 1 single problem since I got the car new, knock on wood..... Strange how certain batches on the assembly line are plagued with problems. I hope all works out well with your new 1
meshamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #66
jazyjason

Drives: a
a

Last edited by jazyjason; 05-18-2021 at 03:41 AM.
jazyjason is offline   Reply With Quote