Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #1
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
Angry The curse of giving up camaro order. AHH!

Well I had a SIM with CGM stripes, 2SS/RS LS3 ordered since October It was built 6/9, into QC 6/25, avail to ship 7/31. Still isn't shipped. Well I got tired of waiting so I got looking around. I found a 2006 z06 corvette with less than 10,000kms on it for $1400 more than my camaro, private deal. Well I couldn't resist I gave up my camaro order. Sad, very sad, but its a vette. Well I bought the vette from out of province so I brought it into saskatchewan for the safety inspection. All went well. I was almost home in the car when BAM no oil pressure, WTF! After some trouble shooting the car was taken back to the dealer on a tow truck where the safety inspection was performed. They told me the car was past its 3 years warranty so I would have to talk to GM ,not the dealer, if I want it covered, they suspected one of the oil pumps went on it. They pulled the oil pan off and guess what was there, nothing but a little old rag or cloth plugging up the oil filter and screen. The guy I bought it from just had an oil change done on it at GM, I suspect that's how the rag got into the oil system. That dealer says it's impossible, couldn't have been them, whatever. Now I have a 10 day wait for an oil pan gasket. They cleaned the pumps which look ok and inspected the valves and connecting rod bearings, everything looks ok. So they cleaned everything up spotless and we will do some oil flushes on it and hope all is well. Now I am fighting for coverage on the car (I do now have extended warranty on it which I purchased when the car was back at dealer). So my story is I waited from October until August 17th for my camaro, due to QC and not being shipped I don't have it. The day I buy something else it breaks down. I couldn't believe it. GM will be getting a sample of the cloth in the car along with my full story and hopefully they cover it. BAD LUCK!
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Wow! You waited THAT long and then gave up? Did you ever look into what was up with the non-shipment? Yup, you seemed to have gotten burned a bit. Hopefully it works out for you - I guess the price over the Camaro for the Z06 would have been Very tempting...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
If I had waited that long then I would have waited another week or two to get my car!

Seems to me you didn't really want a Camaro...I mean how can you wait that long and then just...buy another car?

Good luck to you....hope all is well with the Vette.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
Well I had a SIM with CGM stripes, 2SS/RS LS3 ordered since October It was built 6/9, into QC 6/25, avail to ship 7/31. Still isn't shipped. Well I got tired of waiting so I got looking around. I found a 2006 z06 corvette with less than 10,000kms on it for $1400 more than my camaro, private deal. Well I couldn't resist I gave up my camaro order. Sad, very sad, but its a vette. Well I bought the vette from out of province so I brought it into saskatchewan for the safety inspection. All went well. I was almost home in the car when BAM no oil pressure, WTF! After some trouble shooting the car was taken back to the dealer on a tow truck where the safety inspection was performed. They told me the car was past its 3 years warranty so I would have to talk to GM ,not the dealer, if I want it covered, they suspected one of the oil pumps went on it. They pulled the oil pan off and guess what was there, nothing but a little old rag or cloth plugging up the oil filter and screen. The guy I bought it from just had an oil change done on it at GM, I suspect that's how the rag got into the oil system. That dealer says it's impossible, couldn't have been them, whatever. Now I have a 10 day wait for an oil pan gasket. They cleaned the pumps which look ok and inspected the valves and connecting rod bearings, everything looks ok. So they cleaned everything up spotless and we will do some oil flushes on it and hope all is well. Now I am fighting for coverage on the car (I do now have extended warranty on it which I purchased when the car was back at dealer). So my story is I waited from October until August 17th for my camaro, due to QC and not being shipped I don't have it. The day I buy something else it breaks down. I couldn't believe it. GM will be getting a sample of the cloth in the car along with my full story and hopefully they cover it. BAD LUCK!
THAT, in a nutshell is the big problem with private deals. Does Canada have lemon law stuff for dealers? Here in NY it would be 100% the dealer's problem since you just bought it. Just a thought for people who want to save a few bucks going private instead of through a dealer (any dealer here-even used car only dealers)...
Old 08-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
logan1080

I wanted the camaro bad but I couldn't turn that offer down on a corvette. Haven't heard of any lemon law.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:10 AM   #6
onequickshift
Two Camaros :)

Drives: 69+10 Chevy Camaro
Thats really sad! I really love the 7.0L ... and I wanted a z06, but just couldn't bring myself to get the car itself for something I'd want to drive near daily especially on these streets in so cal, horrible. And working numbers with friends and their shops, I was thinking I could make a new camaro 6er, turn v8 bastard child after I rack up mileage on it for road trips, school, and work.

Not sure if I want to go that route now, might just go for the v8 pony instead...

I hope GM resolves your problem quickly and nicely. It'd be sad, since you waited for your camaro, couldn't get it, and jumped onto a seemingly better deal...only to be left with this.

Hope your luck picks up!
onequickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
don't forget to look in the oil pan for needle bearings due to failed rocker arms. be sure you have a magnetic oil pan drain plug in case someone removed it and installed a normal one. this issue affected mainly 2007 Z06 models.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
logan1080

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
don't forget to look in the oil pan for needle bearings due to failed rocker arms. be sure you have a magnetic oil pan drain plug in case someone removed it and installed a normal one. this issue affected mainly 2007 Z06 models.
Ok thanks for the tips!