Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #29
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Drives: NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 5GenCamaroSS
WOW I just found my rims...now to find them cheap lol

5GenCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #30
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GenCamaroSS View Post
Emblems on now, will take better pics tomorrow.

Where did you order these from?...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #31
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Emblem Pros, here is there link.
http://www.emblempros.com/

Great emblems, not cheaply made at all..I swear they do the emblems for GM lol
Old 06-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #32
RaiderSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 DeadBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GenCamaroSS View Post
Emblem Pros, here is there link.
http://www.emblempros.com/

Great emblems, not cheaply made at all..I swear they do the emblems for GM lol

Thanks, I just painted my calipers red and deleted the camaro fender badges. These will complete the look im after....
Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #33
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Nice, shoot me a PM with photos after you get them on.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #34
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Yet another mod installed. The new and improved camaro with PFADT lowering springs!!

The car even looks fast without the wheels

Shot of the Driver and Passenger Rear installed.

Shot f the Driver and Passenger Front installed.

And of course the money shot!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Took some nice photos of it for once. Came out nice. Gonna try and find a copy of a photoshop software to mess around with.

Enjoy!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #36
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Well I figured i would take some time to give a little background for everyone.

Well story goes I had a 1969 Camaro for about 2 years. I had it while I was stationed in NJ. I finally got orders out of that black whole . I had planned to sell it as i worked on it more than I got to enjoy it (yes I know that's what you get with classics). So this was a blessing in disguise. Well I had no luck into finding a buyer in NJ so I had to pay $500 bucks to trailer it down to FL(hometown). Well wouldn't you know 2 days of being there it was sold.

So there I sit with no camaro in my life, I had been looking and hoping to find something to get into. Well drove around and talked with some sellsman folks. After about 2 days of driving, I FOUND IT!! Well technically I found the best dealer with the best price, but had to have the car brought to FL as it was in LA. But it was everything I wanted in the car. Two days latter I came down with the Perma Grin syndrome

Speed forward to now im in my new house in AL, got stationed at Maxwell AFB. After working for a few days I got a email saying my PCS(permanent change of station) per diem was ready to be processed. Well, I got a nice fat check for over $4500. And for once the wife gave me the green to enjoy.....most of it.

So to the build. After I order all my go fast and look good parts. I started simple. I installed my SLP Balckwing CAI. It went smooth with a few issues here and there, but not bad. Well wouldn't you know I take it out the next day and me not being patient and doing it right the first time, one of the bands came loose and car died out. Well fixed that and basically re-installed the whole thing slow and the right way. Its very tight now.

After that I installed my SLP headers system all the way back to my SLP Loudmouth II exhaust. Now I have installed headers but the ones I did before where a nightmare, we had to lift and tilt the engine, etc etc. So I was a little nervous doing it myself and I actually called alot of places to see how much it would cost. But between $700-$900+, it was a no go and I decided to save money and do it myself. Well I got the whole system on and had a some what nasty issue, the stock O2 sensor was cross-threaded from GM. So I had a new one overnight-ed and got it on. Put the new O2 in and was good to go. I did a nice job for doing it in my drive way and only having a scissors jack and a bottle jack with four jack stands. Had to go back and tighten some of the bands as I had a few leaks but its turned out great.

Bringing it down. It was time to install the Pfadt springs and I figured since I had done all the other stuff myself I might as well install these too! Pdaft does it right, or im just getting better as a mechanic !! But really it was so smooth the only thing that went wrong is after I removed the last strut on the driver side and put the new spring on I forgot to put the spacer that goes on top of the spring. Sadly I found that AFTER i had finished installing it back in with the new spring So just had to redo the whole thing not bad at all.

Well, as you can see I love working on my car. At first I was nervous to work with a very nice and exspensive car and end up messing it up. But I have learned, they make wonderfull instructions now-a-days and with the aid Camaro5.com DIY section, i really have to say if anyone can youse there arms to turn a wrench you really can do the installs yourself by simplly loggin on here and people will show/tell you step by step process.

I will not be ending the mods list by any means, but I did want to get a little personal with the car and people on the site.

Thanks Camaro5.coma and all you members.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #37
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

So, I think I am going for a SLP UDP for my next mod. Been over the installs and seems very easy.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
5GenCamaroSS
2004 Beast Silverado Z71

Hey so coming back from the dead is my old car build page. I sold the car awhile back ago and well, I was just cleaning out some boxes and found my whole book of receipts for that car. I was just going to do a feeler to see if anyone on here had it or knew how to get a hold of the person who owns it. I hate to just trash this much back history on it.