Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-26-2011, 01:46 AM   #1
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Halo Lights

Halo lights or regular lights.Which look better on a 5gen camaro?Personally i think the halo lights give the car more personality and it looks way better!Who agrees?

Also while im on this topic I have the RS package on my camaro and as some of you mite know sense it has halos you cant have the fog lights on at the same time.I think the car would look even better if i could have both the halos and the fog lights on.How could i get the fogs to be the same color as the halos? and How can i get them to be on at the same time?I would appreciate yals input thanks!
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
I like my Halos. Had folks tell me its like the car is staring at them.

Last edited by GbrilliantQ; 04-26-2011 at 03:19 AM.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #3
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I like my Halos. Had folks tell me it like the car is staring at them.
Yeah I get that alot my friends always say it looks like the car is gonna eat u alive with how tough it looks and the halo eyes just staring at you with the grill also lookin like a grin lol
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Halo's, by a mile!

And there is an after market harness available to run bot your halos and fogs at the same time. Don't have the link handy but a quick search will tell ya all you need to know.
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
wlee32

Drives: 2011 2LT Blk/Orange Strip & int
I have my halos on during the day and a DRL harness so that everything stays on at night. You have to rewire them. Look up where to wire the halos to.
AAC P13 LED DRL bulbs (DRL Harness);
AAC Colorshift Halos for Main and DRLs;
Amber AAC Footwell Lighting;
LED Dome and Trunk Lights;
Triple 10" P3s, ******** Front Firing Box;
Magnaflow Street Series Catback;
Barton Short Throw Shifter.
wlee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
Regular lights for me, the Halo's are just too Ebay accessory for my liking.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
Jhernandez5

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Halos look better to me
Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I like the Halos on these cars...I also wanted my halos and drl's on at the same time, so I got a DRL Harness and installed it. The next thing I want to do is purchase the dual halo's from AAC. It should set the IOM off even more! Good luck...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
On a similar topic, (not to jack the thread but I think close enough to topic to fit) has anyone installed halos on a Camaro without RS package. Without the Halos, I of course have the regular fog lights which I want to keep & have them function the same way they do now. If I installed Halos what would happen with how the switch operates & running lights etc?
Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
JFerraro819

Drives: 2011 camaro lt rs
omg the halo's just look so much better then the yellow lights. 1. they have character because they look like eyes. 2. the brightness and color make them look cooler
JFerraro819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Even when the halos are off, the reflection off the lens is the coolest.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
GreenMonster
Its all about the U

Drives: 2010 SGM
Halo's FTW
Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
To each his own. I don't necessarily think they are ugly but I think the Halogen housing makes the car look more like a 1st Gen Camaro which is what I was after. I like the chrome housing look better than the black background of the RS lights.

Now I did want to have HID lights so I ulitmately ended up with some retrofitted projectors. Love these lights. IMO the aftermarket projectors are alot more crisp than the OEM projectors anyway.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120440

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
On a similar topic, (not to jack the thread but I think close enough to topic to fit) has anyone installed halos on a Camaro without RS package. Without the Halos, I of course have the regular fog lights which I want to keep & have them function the same way they do now. If I installed Halos what would happen with how the switch operates & running lights etc?
I don't know how they work if you add the OEM RS lights with Otto Body's harness (which is what you pretty much have to do) but look through my thread above. You'll just use an HID kit that plugs into your OEM headlight harness to make them work just like they are now.

I didn't like the way the headlights are basically always on because of the DRL so I had a forum member make me a plug-n-play harness that gets rid of the DRL (so no lights at all during the day) and then at night both the headlights and fogs lights automatically come on. Works perfect.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #14
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Looks horrible without the Halos IMO, a deal breaker for me if I would not be able to get them on my car

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote