Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Eibach Pro-Plus

Just got my Eibach Pro-Plus Kit yesterday! Hoping to get everything installed Sunday and aligned on Monday or Tuesday.
Attached Images

Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
You will love this setup. Mine handles so much better after i installed these...
Boost6924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Hot Rod

Drives: 99' Honda Civic
I was just on their website today checking these out. I've been thinking about getting Pedders coil overs. My question is will I really need this? I want the power to plant at the wheels most efficiently and I want to lower my car. Eibach's system is close to $1000.00 less than Pedders coil overs. I'm not taking it to the track to race, I just want solid, if not the best, performance for daily driving.
Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
I was just on their website today checking these out. I've been thinking about getting Pedders coil overs. My question is will I really need this? I want the power to plant at the wheels most efficiently and I want to lower my car. Eibach's system is close to $1000.00 less than Pedders coil overs. I'm not taking it to the track to race, I just want solid, if not the best, performance for daily driving.
I'll hopefully be able to give you an answer on how they perform early next week. I only paid $400 shipped for everything so if at the least they achieve the look I want and give me some minimal handling advantage I will be more than happy.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Hot Rod

FYI if you haven't been to Eibach's web site they have a great video on the performance enhancement by the kit for the SS at the bottom of the page. The most impressive is the 0-60 time - Wow! I'm sure it would work wonders for an LS/LT
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
Sounds like the coilovers (although a MUCH better product) might be overkill for your situation. I would look at some Springs/Sways and you should be really suprised.

However, look at all the different Mfgs. Eibach is the cheapest but you may want to go with another mfg. Look at Hotchkis, Pfadt, Pedders, BMR....just to name a few. Do your research and pick the best one for you. Eibach may be it....but then again maybe not.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
Hot Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Sounds like the coilovers (although a MUCH better product) might be overkill for your situation. I would look at some Springs/Sways and you should be really suprised.

However, look at all the different Mfgs. Eibach is the cheapest but you may want to go with another mfg. Look at Hotchkis, Pfadt, Pedders, BMR....just to name a few. Do your research and pick the best one for you. Eibach may be it....but then again maybe not.
That's just the information I was looking for! Thanks for the recommendations!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
I installed this kit with BMR trailing arms and adjustable toe rods. Today i first time really abused my car trying to do some drag launches and i have to say everything works fine. No hopping what so ever. Stock clutch and release mechanism don't like hard launches at all thought.....
Boost6924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #9
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
I am looking at some Eibach's as well, Now I don't know really anything about suspension but I know Eibach is a highly recommended brand. I was looking at the springs and bars for 600.00 on ZZ moto's website. I might consider that. What kinda improvements are we talking? I had RK sport lowering springs in my sunfire before I sold it and it made the ride very stiff, solid but stiff. Are the eibachs like that was well?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
I am looking at some Eibach's as well, Now I don't know really anything about suspension but I know Eibach is a highly recommended brand. I was looking at the springs and bars for 600.00 on ZZ moto's website. I might consider that. What kinda improvements are we talking? I had RK sport lowering springs in my sunfire before I sold it and it made the ride very stiff, solid but stiff. Are the eibachs like that was well?
I've got almost 15k miles on my Eibach set up. Other than the bushings not being "tuned" prior to the alignment being done, the ride is very comfortable and awesome on the twistys.

Make sure that the car is put on a drive on ramp after everything is installed but before it is tightened up. You want to do your final tightening with the car at its finished height vs up in the air. It makes a HUGE difference in ride quality.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #11
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
yummy.. i want to get this set too =O Prolly get it next month
Old 07-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
ImportImage

Drives: 2012 GTR, 2009 GTR
Send a message via AIM to ImportImage
we sell BC coilovers- and are the largest dealer in the U.S. market. We are running a special right now- if you get the coilovers you will get free shipping and a free set of stoptech performance front brake pads.

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/B...10-Camaro.html

we also sell Eibach, and Hotchkis products.

If you are interested you can PM me for the best pricing.
ImportImage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
I got my springs installed 2 days ago and wow just awesome feel and ride....here are the oe alignement specs if yopu need em for after the install...Many shops alignment machine dont even have the 2010 numbers in em.....
Found these on a post a long time ago but they are correct specs as stated by my gm dealership by the way wbs should read wrs..(its a typo)
fe2=v6
fe3=v8
wrs=rally sport

Name:  camaro alignment specs.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  92.3 KB
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #14
Droid6

Got the sways installed today! To tell you the truth I was extremely surprised how much the sway bars do. I was trying to make my car rock and it wouldn't do it. I can't wait to get the springs on there!