Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Thewall279

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
1 Dual in/out VS 2 Single in/out muffler setup

I don't think anyone has covered this yet... I am trying to find the difference between using 2 single in/out and 1 dual in/out muffler.

There are two exhaust setups i am looking at, 2 single in single out super 40's(Part # 952448) or one dual in dual out super 40(Part # 9525454)... wondering if you guys can help me out. I am trying to get a tuned sound while still having volume.

I could only find one video of Flowmaster super 40's:

I think this sounds good i am just worried about revving high RPM's

The reason why i am considering the Dual in/out muffler is because i can locate it where the resonators are and then run straight pipe to the tip. I want to do this to get rid of the raspy sound of the V6. I chose super 40's because they're very loud mufflers and give a lot of air flow. I tried to see if i could fit the single in/out's anywhere closer to the cat's but i don't think there's enough room under the chassis.

So, what do you guys thinking? I know the dual in/out won't be as loud as 2 single in/outs but would it be significantly lower? Also, would there be any HP loss? (BTW the dual in/out muffler is a two chamber, from what i understand the air from the pipes never mix, they have their own half)
Here is a link to Flowmaster's site: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/se...%2040%20Series

Shak1ra - 2011 Camaro LS
Jessica(The Black Pearl) - 2001 Camaro

Last edited by Thewall279; 03-29-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Thewall279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Thewall279

Maybe ill go ahead and try the dual in dual out just because nobody has done this yet with the super 40.... Does anyone know the space between the heatshields where the resonators are? This muffler is 13" so thats another thing I gotta worry about

Shak1ra - 2011 Camaro LS
Old 03-29-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Dunno about a Flowmaster dual in/out since your right....it hasn't been done.

But we do have a video or two in the exhaust sticky of people doing a dual in/out using Magnaflow resonated X by replacing the H pipe with that, and then running straight pipe all the way out the back.

You may want to check that out, although I'm sure the super 40 dual will probably sound quite a bit different than the flowmaster.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Thewall279

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

But we do have a video or two in the exhaust sticky of people doing a dual in/out using Magnaflow resonated X by replacing the H pipe with that, and then running straight pipe all the way out the back.

You may want to check that out, although I'm sure the super 40 dual will probably sound quite a bit different than the flowmaster.
Yeh i've seen the wiki, BTW awesome job on that, it's really helped me a lot. Thanks for putting that together.

The magnaflow will sound different but i'm using them as a reference comparing when they have single in/out vs the duals... I think if only the resonators were taken off the dual muffler sounds better but once they get headers and cat back the singles are a good choice... Also, the magnaflow dual in dual out comes in two sizes, an 8.5" i believe and an 11"... both are smaller than the super 40...

Shak1ra - 2011 Camaro LS
Old 05-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
Thewall279

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well now it has... along with a fully detailed thread. Check it out! I think it sounds great.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138109

Want u to know i couldn't have done it without ur thread... Even tho i chose a custom setup ur thread helped me compare everything... Thank you!

Shak1ra - 2011 Camaro LS

Tags
batman, camaro, flowmaster, muffler, super 40's