Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
Wait a second... you ordered a carbon fiber insert, and got a carbon fiber insert? You're angry because you didn't get your carbon fiber for free?

You got it Einstein. You obviously:

1) Didn't read the thread
2) Didn't read the thread
and oh ya
3) Didn't read the thread.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #16
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I saw a number on the delivery fee where it was more for a resident of Oshawa vs a resident of Hawaii. The article is floating on the forum and the internet somewhere.

Pretty unfair if you ask me.
No, it is fair. Canada is a foreign country Hawaii isnt.
What they do in Canada is their countries business. Theyre our neighbors but you mught get the same sniveling from someone from Cuba.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #17
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichGreene View Post
No, it is fair. Canada is a foreign country Hawaii isnt.
What they do in Canada is their countries business. Theyre our neighbors but you mught get the same sniveling from someone from Cuba.
You do realize that the cars ARE MADE in Canada right???? You make it sound like Canada is some distant land in Europe or something... For the record Hawaii IS NOT A COUNTRY....it is a state. Come on man.

IMO - it is totally unfair and price manipulation/ money grabbing. To transport the car from CANADA to Hawaii takes a lot more $$$ then it would to transport and sell the car to a citizen of Canada residing in Oshawa - where the car is produced. It is clearly price gauging at its finest....
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Im still surprised people continue to think GM gives a hoot about people who have already purchsed a vehicle....they could care less....any decent treatment is at dealer level after the purchase...if it has to do with GM itself, your screwed if they can get away with it in any way......

Ive had both GM and Ford vehicles and though they all have the little things that irritate some people, GM is by far the worst of the two Ive experienced on not following through with the customer experience after the sell, they would rather save two dollars and risk you not coming back than make the customer happy......

Why do people forget so soon that they were all but out of business? that it took a huge government bail out to save them, and they continue to run mainly like they did before.....theres a reason GM went under and Ford did not......and it starts with the customer, before and after the purchase.....GM just doesnt get it....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Im still surprised people continue to think GM gives a hoot about people who have already purchsed a vehicle....they could care less....any decent treatment is at dealer level after the purchase...if it has to do with GM itself, your screwed if they can get away with it in any way......

Ive had both GM and Ford vehicles and though they all have the little things that irritate some people, GM is by far the worst of the two Ive experienced on not following through with the customer experience after the sell, they would rather save two dollars and risk you not coming back than make the customer happy......

Why do people forget so soon that they were all but out of business? that it took a huge government bail out to save them, and they continue to run mainly like they did before.....theres a reason GM went under and Ford did not......and it starts with the customer, before and after the purchase.....GM just doesnt get it....
+1!!! For telling it how it really is!!!

It is totally true. The second they get your cash you are nothing to them. I guess the reason people still think they matter to the corporation is because they live with the notion that people are basically good when it comes down to it. They forget though, business does not involve emotions, good, bad, or anything of that sort. Business is in the cold hard fact, just that, bushiness. It is the process of acquiring wealth while doing as little as possible. Sure some people can argue here for business ethics, but it is what it is.
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #20
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
You got it Einstein. You obviously:

1) Didn't read the thread
2) Didn't read the thread
and oh ya
3) Didn't read the thread.
Quote:
Apparently, GM CANADA has no intention of providing an equality in the level of customer service and appreciation that GM U.S. does for U.S. customers.

They have denied any credit for the hood insert for Canadian customers.
This from the top guy at GM or so says the rep who has been working to try and get me the credit.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10
Wait a second... you ordered a carbon fiber insert, and got a carbon fiber insert? You're angry because you didn't get your carbon fiber for free?
No, he's angry because people are getting credit for the hood insert in the US and he is not because he's in Canada. Read first
I did read this entire thread the first time around. I understand, you have to pay more for car parts because you live in Canada. You sound like a two year old.

As stated, ALL manufacturers do this. So you're not going to buy GM products anymore? Why, if all the manufacturers over charge Canadians? Oh, because GM didn't give you the credit for your hood insert.

Charging Canadians more money when the car/or part is made in Canada, you're right, doesn't make sense. You stated you paid over 142k on vehicles? And here you're whining about the ,what is it $650?, you lost out on. Tell me how that makes sense.

So why are you so angry? Oh yea, you didn't get your carbon fiber insert for free...
jkupa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #21
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
You do realize that the cars ARE MADE in Canada right???? You make it sound like Canada is some distant land in Europe or something... For the record Hawaii IS NOT A COUNTRY....it is a state. Come on man.

IMO - it is totally unfair and price manipulation/ money grabbing. To transport the car from CANADA to Hawaii takes a lot more $$$ then it would to transport and sell the car to a citizen of Canada residing in Oshawa - where the car is produced. It is clearly price gauging at its finest....
But its still a foreign car in canada, just like they assemble japanese cars and BMWs in the US. No matter how you slice it they are still foriegn cars.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Alright, so let me get this straight, you're pissed because GM won't give you the hood credit. Okay I got that. But then you said you trade your cars in every 2 to 3 years. Why are you worrying so much about a car that you're gonna trade in in a couple years?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Until Canada can get their act together and manufacture their own National car,NOT a rebadged Ford Or GM product, they're going to have to rely on buying foreign.
They've lacked the skills to come up with their own product since the ill-fated Maniic GT of the late 60s.
Even though most of them speak our language and the bordering Provinces are close, They are Still Foreigners and Must pay just like any other foreign country.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #24
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I blame Canada.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
Edwin320

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
I blame Canada.
We all know what Cartman would do.

Last edited by Edwin320; 08-11-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Edwin320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #26
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Different country, different programs. Unfortunately living near the border and working in a retail environment I see this all too often. US and Canadian entities are usually NOT the same. As for pricing just look at beer for example. I can buy Labatt Blue which is brewed in Canada and imported CHEAPER than if I took the 10 minute drive across the border and bought it there. If I go into Canada, Bud Light (which is brewed and made by Labatt IN Canada) is almost twice the price than in the US which is brewed by A-B. I see plenty of promotions around here that say "For U.S. Residents Only". Just the way it is.
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
I did read this entire thread the first time around. I understand, you have to pay more for car parts because you live in Canada. You sound like a two year old.

As stated, ALL manufacturers do this. So you're not going to buy GM products anymore? Why, if all the manufacturers over charge Canadians? Oh, because GM didn't give you the credit for your hood insert.

Charging Canadians more money when the car/or part is made in Canada, you're right, doesn't make sense. You stated you paid over 142k on vehicles? And here you're whining about the ,what is it $650?, you lost out on. Tell me how that makes sense.

So why are you so angry? Oh yea, you didn't get your carbon fiber insert for free...
Pop out your soother and grab a brain
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #28
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
With responses like that no wonder nobody wants to support the american economy.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote