Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If I had it to fo over again I would have waited for a LE I only got approved for a used one they had multiple yto choose from but only 2 v8's where I went. Rest were v6's I almost went with the 1SS M6, but I decide I wanted everything in it so went with the 2SS/RS just gotall the extras in it. That and rembered how much my last maunal got on my nerves when I got caught in traffic
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
Personally, I didn't want all the bells and whistles, the usb port, the scanty amount of leather, and other goodies of the 2SS didn't add up to the 5 grand extra for a car that I want to perform well, look great, and be a blast to drive. The LE wasn't available in '09 when I ordered my car so the 1SS/RS M6 was an easy choice for me. I still luv grabbin' gears....
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I have knee issues, too, which is why I went for the L99. Glad I did.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
If it were me I would go with the 1LE all the way but if you feel that the 1LE might be a problem on the future the 2SS is still a great choice.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
used to live in vegas! definitely get the 1LE!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #20
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I have minor knee issues and the M6 doesn't bother me. Either way, you'll love your Camaro!

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #21
jimbumbee

Drives: 2019 Shock 1LE.
1le or ss

I just had my left knee replaced 8 weeks ago. my ss ls3 with manual trans. sat for the first 5 weeks of recovery. started driving again and I think using the clutch is actually helping my knee get better. i'd go for the 1LE.
jimbumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Go with the 1le...if you get a 2SS you're risking rear end issues. Haven't had my car for 18 days now over a differential problem. Believe me, GM will NOT take care of you. No matter who you call or what they post on here.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #23
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
Go with the 1le...if you get a 2SS you're risking rear end issues. Haven't had my car for 18 days now over a differential problem. Believe me, GM will NOT take care of you. No matter who you call or what they post on here.
You can have rear end issues in a 1LE just as easily as a normal SS since they are the same car.

Op, I had the same quandary when deciding what to order back in February. Putting aside your bad knee and the manual vs. Automatic debate, which I s something only you can answer, here is my 2 cents.
Without a doubt the 1LE package looks incredible and handles amazing. But are you going to race it? I will never race mine. So I ultimately decided to save the money and get the normal 2ss and I am very happy.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #24
TNblackSS

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS, 6 speed
As much as I am opposed to automatics, under your circumstances I might lean toward the 2SS. You know you can drive the 2SS but you are not sure about the 1LE due to your knee. What happens if you buy the 1LE and you can't enjoy it or it hurts everytime you drive it?

If you are buying a Camaro because you want a Camaro, then the 2SS will still bring you the enjoyment without the pain. Granted I had rather have a M6 but it is your knee.

BTW, I have knee issues and my 6 speed does not bother me but not all knee issues are the same

Robby
TNblackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
We gave up the bells and whistles associated with the 2SS and ordered a 1SS with the 1LE package. The cost between the two were just about the same. I may track the car at some point after it has some miles on it, but you will not find a better handling car for the money. I had a hip replacement about 7 years back, and am now having some left knee issues. Only you can decide, but unless drag racing was in my plans for the car, the manual transmission is a must, and once that choice is made, the 1LE is a simple choice. If your knee can take it, its is simply bells and whistles vs. performance, and which is more important to you. Best of luck with your choice.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
If you haven't already, notice the AFM while cruising around 35-45mph when it kicks in.
Decide if it bugs you or not. My AFM has long been tuned out.

Of course the 1LE wasnt out in 2009 when I picked up my car, but if I had the choice now I would absolutely get the 1LE. The added equipment is the bargain buy in the Camaro world. Plus the 1LE's will hold their value better in the long run due to much lower production.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Go with the 1LE and never look back. I've been wanting a camaro since the concept first came out and finally bought one. I went test drive one finally about 2 months ago and it was a 2SS with an auto because that's the only SS the dealer had in stock. After driving it I was rethinking my decision on buying a camaro. I was not impressed at all. I wanted one with the 1LE package so I found one a few states away and drove up there to take a look. Test drove it and fell in love. It's a big difference IMO between the two.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #28
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It reads like you will be happier with the 2SS.

1LE is for road courses and AutoX.

A few inexpensive upgrades if you like cornering. Pedders Street 1 (bushing inserts) and a performance alignment. You will find the Camaro planted.
You're always so damn prudent.... and in this case I think you have nailed it!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote