Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
STARTING NOS BUILD HELP! HELP! HELP!

OKAY I FINNALLY MADE MY MIND UP IM GOING TO DO A NOS SET UP USEING THE NITROUS EXSPESS KIT .THIS IS THE ONLY COMPANY MOST PERFORMANCE SHOPS WILL USED IN NEW ORLEAN. ITS VERY HARD TO GET ANY ONE TO EVEN INSTALL IT. BUT MY GOAL IS A 150 SHOT.I THINK ILL PLAY WITH IT AT A 100 SHOT AT FIRST.I ALSO WILL BE GETTING A STAND ALONE FUEL SYSTEM AN USE C16 OR 23. ANYTHING IM MISSING TO KEEP EVERYTHING SAFE AN RUNNING SMOOTH.

IVE TALK TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE AN ONE OFF THE GUYS WHO BUILD THE 10 SEC TWIN TURBO LFX (DEREK'S CAR ) TOLD ME THESE MOTORS CAN TAKE MORE THEN WHAT PEOPLE THINK AND THAT THEY GOT 500HP TO THE REAR BEFORE CHANGING INTERNAL. I STILL KIND OF WANT TO CHANGE MY INTERNALS.TO BE SUPER SAFE.

ANY ADVICE WITH KNOWLEGDE THAT CAN HELP ME OUT MORE.THANK YOU GUY.

HERE'S THE LINKS OF WHAT IM READY TO BUY:
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...lb-bottle.html

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...ckage-efi.html

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...-methanol.html
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
warlockplayer19

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
That kit seems pretty expensive. Why don't you go with zex? I seen quite a few others that use it.
http://www.zex.com/zx/2010-current-v...-systemtmhtml/
warlockplayer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #3
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

no performance shop wants to do any other nos kit besides nitrous express. .being they know nothing about the lfx as they know the ss.they pretty much told me go with them they will work with no problem or it could be a scam for money I don't know . tbh they think im crazy for wanting 100-150 shot on my car . all they could say was you do realize you have a v6.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlockplayer19 View Post
That kit seems pretty expensive. Why don't you go with zex? I seen quite a few others that use it.
http://www.zex.com/zx/2010-current-v...-systemtmhtml/
Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes it's common for shops to dismiss you because you have the v6. Having said that, FIRST find a good reputable shop in the area (might want to ask in the regional forums to see who people recommend). Next, make sure they know you have a v6 and are willing to work on it. Finally, sit down with the builder and let him know your goals. See what he recommends once he knows your serious. Go with the kit they recommend since they'll probably have experience with it. Also, it might be a good idea to buy the nitrous through your shop so that in case something happens, in the end you bought it through them. A good shop will stand behind the products they sell and the work they do.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Be prepared to do A LOT of suspension work also to get a 100+ shot to work right and good drag radials will be a must. Stand alone fuel system is a must also for over 100 shot. Ask them about what spark plugs they recommend for a big shot. The tune will be WAY different for the spray Vs all motor. Will you be able to swap tunes yourself or have go to the shop each time? If you have never used nitrous before go small to start 50 shot and work your way up. Welcome to the world of chemical cubic inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvyf22 View Post
OKAY I FINNALLY MADE MY MIND UP IM GOING TO DO A NOS SET UP USEING THE NITROUS EXSPESS KIT .THIS IS THE ONLY COMPANY MOST PERFORMANCE SHOPS WILL USED IN NEW ORLEAN. ITS VERY HARD TO GET ANY ONE TO EVEN INSTALL IT. BUT MY GOAL IS A 150 SHOT.I THINK ILL PLAY WITH IT AT A 100 SHOT AT FIRST.I ALSO WILL BE GETTING A STAND ALONE FUEL SYSTEM AN USE C16 OR 23. ANYTHING IM MISSING TO KEEP EVERYTHING SAFE AN RUNNING SMOOTH.

IVE TALK TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE ON HERE AN ONE OFF THE GUYS WHO BUILD THE 10 SEC TWIN TURBO LFX (DEREK'S CAR ) TOLD ME THESE MOTORS CAN TAKE MORE THEN WHAT PEOPLE THINK AND THAT THEY GOT 500HP TO THE REAR BEFORE CHANGING INTERNAL. I STILL KIND OF WANT TO CHANGE MY INTERNALS.TO BE SUPER SAFE.

ANY ADVICE WITH KNOWLEGDE THAT CAN HELP ME OUT MORE.THANK YOU GUY.

HERE'S THE LINKS OF WHAT IM READY TO BUY:
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...lb-bottle.html

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...ckage-efi.html

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/193845...-methanol.html

Last edited by etmx183; 01-26-2014 at 07:54 AM.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

thanks for the info bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Yes it's common for shops to dismiss you because you have the v6. Having said that, FIRST find a good reputable shop in the area (might want to ask in the regional forums to see who people recommend). Next, make sure they know you have a v6 and are willing to work on it. Finally, sit down with the builder and let him know your goals. See what he recommends once he knows your serious. Go with the kit they recommend since they'll probably have experience with it. Also, it might be a good idea to buy the nitrous through your shop so that in case something happens, in the end you bought it through them. A good shop will stand behind the products they sell and the work they do.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

the people I am going to deal with are booked up for the rest of this month and feb.so it will be a little while before I get it. it is my first time dealing with nos. I'll work my way in to the bigger shots as you said.i would be happy low 12's. one question why is it harder to tune the 2ls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
Be prepared to do A LOT of suspension work also to get a 100+ shot to work right and good drag radials will be a must. Stand alone fuel system is a must also for over 100 shot. Ask them about what spark plugs they recommend for a big shot. The tune will be WAY different for the spray Vs all motor. Will you be able to swap tunes yourself or have go to the shop each time? If you have never used nitrous before go small to start 50 shot and work your way up. Welcome to the world of chemical cubic inches.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
one question why is it harder to tune the 2ls.
You can't do a full pull in 4th gear. The LTs allow you to manually shift, so on the dyno the tuner will go through the gears until forth then do a pull from about 3000 RPM up to redline. Your car will automatically shift through the gears.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #9
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

so is there any thing I can do about that? and my car shuts down at 118.my buddy has a lt1 or lt2 rs it must be a 2010-2011 because we raced 4 x's an I beat him pretty bad but my car shuts down in the middle of the races. how can I stop it or when I get it tuned I 'll be able to correct it from shutting down. dont the ls's shut down at 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You can't do a full pull in 4th gear. The LTs allow you to manually shift, so on the dyno the tuner will go through the gears until forth then do a pull from about 3000 RPM up to redline. Your car will automatically shift through the gears.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #10
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
so is there any thing I can do about that? and my car shuts down at 118.my buddy has a lt1 or lt2 rs it must be a 2010-2011 because we raced 4 x's an I beat him pretty bad but my car shuts down in the middle of the races. how can I stop it or when I get it tuned I 'll be able to correct it from shutting down. dont the ls's shut down at 150mph
When you do the tune for the nitrous they can remove the speed limiter...just get tires rated for the higher speed before you do that. As far as tuning, I think the best bet is to tune it at a track, or street if you can't get to a track. They can probably do it on the dyno, but they will want to do a street/track tune anyway so save yourself some money and the tuner some headaches and skip the dyno.