Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Saw 2 Camaros today...

.. at the first day of the Atlanta Auto Show at the World Congress Center downtown.

One, a non-RS 2SS, was roped off, but the 1LT V-6 car everybody was getting into and sitting in. Both are silver with grey interior, but of course the only interior I could examine was the grey cloth. But it was not bad- didn't look cheap or anything. And the V-6 was a 6 speed (2SS was automatic), without Hurst, so I shifted the stick through all gears and I have to say that the throws were about as short and solid as the shifter on my 02 Firebird that has the Hurst shifter option. So maybe the Hurst option is not all it's cracked up to be (?). Now this was the V-6- I know that the 6 speed trans is different in the V-8, but don't know that the standard shifter is different.

The 2SS had the standard painted SS wheels, which looked OK, but I was hoping to see the polished wheel option. The 1LT had some black wheels that I was not familiar with. Don't know if that was one of the very expensive wheel options they are offering or not. One of the GM people thought they might be aftermarket.

The width of the trunk opening was a little of a surprise- really pretty narrow, but I folded down the rear seat and that opened up the space to the trunk. You could fit 2 big suitcases in there, but one would probably be into the back seat area. Not as practical as the older hatchbacks. We use the airport some and 2 suitcases need to go in any car I buy.

What was really surprising to me was the attention that these 2 Camaros were drawing. There was a Cyber Gray Corvette ZR-1 (six figure 638 horse supercharged Corvette- fastest street car ever made by GM) right in front of the SS that was getting less attention than the Camaros were.

Great looking cars in person! But the prize for the best looking car had to go to the Nissan GT-R! Wow! And maybe second to the new Pontiac Soltice coupe which is much better looking than the convertible. But the Camaro was right up there in the top 3 for best looking IMO, and if you factor in price and performance I think Camaro wins the blue ribbon!!

I would post a few pictures if I knew how.

If you are within a few hours' drive of Atlanta, get down there and sit in a Camaro! $10 admission for adults. I parked for $8.

Last edited by Cyberfan; 03-14-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
BlacK in detroit

Saw a Black SS in the "D" today on I275.
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
The GM Rep at the show says that even though the official date to start production is Monday, they have been cranking out about 100 a week for a little while, so there are a few early ones out there. He said the 1LT had a low number like 26 or something.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote