Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #295
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
7ish sounds fine with me to leave Birmingham. No later than 8. If it takes 3 hours we would want to get there at least by 1100 so we can relax, maybe eat, restroom, mingle, and look around Summit before we leave at noon.

We will merge with the convoy, no need to even slow down.

I would think 1:00 would gives us plenty of time to reach Little Rock.

Thanks for bringing up finding a spot for trailers.
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #296
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_eddie View Post
Count mine as having two people and also need somewhere there is good parking for trailers.
I have just the place 5 minutes off your route. McCain mall is the place. Lots of open parking area and tons of restaurants within walking distance of the parking lot.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #297
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
I have just the place 5 minutes off your route. McCain mall is the place. Lots of open parking area and tons of restaurants within walking distance of the parking lot.
Do you have an exact address? We can calculate a better time that way, i am hoping for a closer to noon arrival.

sounds good about not having to even slow down... haha we can radio ahead and tell you when we are almost there and supercop can get the lights going and lead the way...
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #298
chrisinlittlerock

Quote:
Do you have an exact address? We can calculate a better time that way, i am hoping for a closer to noon arrival.

sounds good about not having to even slow down... haha we can radio ahead and tell you when we are almost there and supercop can get the lights going and lead the way...
I would be glad to lead you guys to McCain Mall. I was planning on picking the convoy up when you guys reach Conway AR. anyway. Its a little tricky if you don't know the way because of our one way access roads around the freeways and Malls. Its simple but can be a little confusing BUT I will get an address to a restaurant adjoining this huge parking lot just in case. Have you guys determined a channel you will be monitoring on your radio's? I have a Garmin GPS/Radio that picks up for at least 10 miles, line of sight. It might be nice to know.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #299
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

That sounds like a plan... We should be arriving in Conway around 1230 according to mapquest if we leave at 0800. I know that from past experience that we will more than likely be there a little earlier than that. How long will it take you to get to Conway and are you planning on just joining the group on the highway of do we need to stop somewhere? It may be getting close for some on gas, possibly. We can always play it by ear and give you a call when we get close and let you know a closer time frame if you are not too far from there. Supercop or 1969Fbody may not what channel but I think it is going to be 5...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #300
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Thats what I heard - channel 5 - camaro 5 fest !
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #301
chrisinlittlerock

Quote:
That sounds like a plan... We should be arriving in Conway around 1230 according to mapquest if we leave at 0800. I know that from past experience that we will more than likely be there a little earlier than that. How long will it take you to get to Conway and are you planning on just joining the group on the highway of do we need to stop somewhere? It may be getting close for some on gas, possibly. We can always play it by ear and give you a call when we get close and let you know a closer time frame if you are not too far from there. Supercop or 1969Fbody may not what channel but I think it is going to be 5...
I'm not far from Conway, about 15 minutes. I'm active duty national guard stationed in north little rock. If I have a little notice maybe when you hit Russellville Ar. I can pick you guys up on the highway. Conway would be a good place to fill up cause once you hit little rock it gets more difficult. My cell is 501-413-8831. Call me when you hit Russellville.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #302
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
I'm not far from Conway, about 15 minutes. I'm active duty national guard stationed in north little rock. If I have a little notice maybe when you hit Russellville Ar. I can pick you guys up on the highway. Conway would be a good place to fill up cause once you hit little rock it gets more difficult. My cell is 501-413-8831. Call me when you hit Russellville.
sounds good and i will pass the number along to Tbarber she is heading up the info sheet.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #303
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
If I did not know it was channel 5, but I do now.

I believe Conway would be a good choice. I usually stop there for gas and food if I am traveling down I40. I also think we will get there earlier than 1:00, but you know how that goes. At least we all have a plan. Between the radios and cell phones we will stay connected.

We look forward to meeting you Chris.
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #304
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

I meant for that to say that Supercop and 1969Fbody may know what channel...lol. I was thinking I read somewhere on here what channel. Thought Supercop was going to tell us which one would be best to use.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #305
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Okay everyone, info sheet is up-to-date with the exception of ousoonersgirl and reddevil, if you two happen to see this or if anyone happens to know their numbers, please message me so we can get a hold of them! I will have this list sent out this afternoon
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:14 AM   #306
tbarber87

I just sent out a pretty large PM to everyone going. Please look through it and send me any questions or suggestions. We still have some TBD items that need to fall into place but they are being worked on.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #307
Abygale

Drives: .
Thanks Tosha. The only thing I need is to know where the north group will be meeting and when. I can meet them as early as 8 a.m. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM   #308
tbarber87

I am waiting to here back from someone (anyone) from the north side, most are planning on joining us along the highway, but I need someone to meet with you first I'll ask allen (supercop) if he will do the honors