Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #85
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I am anxious to hear all about the chiller. Do you have provisions to keep it from dropping condensate? It looks like that box with the bov’s Is your intercooler? Is there another tank with the ac heat exchanger and some fluid storage?
Yes we have everything addressed on this. The majority of the lines are insulated, but you’ll still have some runoff. Drip trays are easy.

There is a lot of cooling going on, there are front mount heat exchangers to naturally shell the heat, there is a diverted valve plumbed into the CPU that bypasses the HX system below 75*, the air to water intercooler passing mid 40* air out of that box, upgraded twin intercooler bricks receiving the same chilled coolant inside the blower, and the chiller core itself that is tied to the AC. The only additional fluid is in the small fill port behind the ATW box. The statistical data we’ve achieved is incredible on this considering the amount of power and boost this is seeing, especially considering the timing is exceeding the boost at the top of the pull and it is fully automated, so I don’t have to flip a valve, push a button, or touch a thing aside from the pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
K, well hit me up when it's ready. I want to be one of the 1st to buy one and what is that black box/cooling system mounted onto the exchangers?
Which one? LOL. In front of the center hx and below are engine and trans coil coolers respectively. The triple fan unit is the same trans cooler I run on my 1000hp 427 3500 stall C7 which overheated driving around before it, and after it rides under 190* all day long. When I get the prototype A10 triple disc, I’ll need it!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #86
Harry76

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Gray
I was there today picking up my new Weld wheels, saw this thing on the rollers and it sounded great!
Harry76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:05 PM   #87
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Made some steam yesterday, starting to dial it in!

1000lb ft before 4500 rpm

The :12 sec mark. There seems to be a black cooler mounted on the center HX exchanger. What is it?
Old 09-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #88
WEAPON-X

Benchmark is this!

I finally had a chance to get back onto this project! been a busy summer at the shop and we were chasing an oiling issue on the return side, so we raised the turbo and added a new divorced tank. but how we felt prior to sorting it LOL:

Kevin is still killing it on this fab work too!

Hoping to get it back on the dyno tomorrow! Been waiting on the new Whipple to get done, but at this rate, might have to hang the 4.5L out of the hood because the stock blower was the restriction on the 85mm TB

Last edited by WEAPON-X; 10-27-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:04 AM   #89
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Old 09-20-2018, 03:02 PM   #90
777Jackpot777

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2018 Tahoe RST Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Howdy! My name is Ben and I own WEAPON-X Motorsports in Cincinnati, OH - follow us on facebook here for great builds, swag give away, sales etc . As a former engineer for GM and GE Aircraft, I'm always dabbling and designing things in my spare time from carbon aero kits, to various engine stuff, even to having our own forged wheel line. A little back story and shameless plug LOL, we have a new 10,000 SF facility in Cincinnati, OH and tackle all of your typical as well as your atypical builds. Our layout and capabilities are pretty impressive as most shops go including two in-house engineers, an AWD Mustang dyno with the max channels they offer tied to 20' wall projector for dyno runs , a Haas VF6 4 axis CNC mill, 36" x 36" 3D printer, full fabrication area, 6 lifts, and large warehouse. We're less than 2 years into this and already planning the next expansion with more CNC machines, an engine dyno, a larger fab/production shop, and four more lifts.

We have been very fortunate as a leader in the Cadillac performance world as I started with the LSA CTS V years ago and developed a lot of parts for that and created the world's only F1X Procharged CTS V laying down as much as 1,400whp at 7000rpm on high boost with ProEFI.

https://youtu.be/0rQgjIl9X4g

After that, I picked up a C7 Corvette and did the first LT 427 engine that made over 600whp on motor plus a 300 shot of nitrous, and added a very custom colored widebody making the 1,000HP C7, which is a wild ride. It's currently, undergoing a motor refresh, dropping the compression and also getting an F1X.

https://youtu.be/mU_kOnkKPEY

From there, I picked up a Cadillac ATS V and was first to run a 10 second pass with very minimal mods/tuning/exhaust. We have had a lot of success on that platform, even having the million dollar Ring Brothers built Rydell 48 Cadillac on the ATS V frames down here for our heads/cam/tuning/exhaust.
https://youtu.be/XcedpWeg1WY

Here was a red, white, and blue video we did for Labor Day that still makes me smile
https://youtu.be/DKL4uxDEQ6U

I had a CTS V gen 3 on order, but decided to hold off on it with the Camaro ZL1 around the corner since I was after new and something different, especially with the 10 speed. We had a lot of V3 customers lined up based on our V2 rapport and we laid out our staged packages and got Whipple's attention and ended up working closely with them on their LT4 Whipple testing. We started out with just a bolt on kit and ran it up from there. Our extensive experience with the DI systems from the C7 LT1 and LT4 world gave us a great start with what it takes to make the right combo, and to this day, we still have the highest HP Whipple charged LT4 at 920whp on a Mustang Dyno! That car is presently back in for some tweaks and will be making it's way south in February for the Cadillac Attack event in early February with an anticipated 1,000+whp boost only with our new port injection kit and rotor modification.

Like my ATS V oddly, I found what I was after back in TX. So, I flew out to pick up what would be dubbed the Demon Slayer and had it nearly fully optioned with the A10 trans. Out of the gate, I did a set of Forgestar CF10 wheels and had them black chromed. I lowered it using *BMR performance lowering springs*. I was pretty happy with the outcome thus far.

All that beautiful space to pay for, your sales staff isn’t great at answering phone calls :(
777Jackpot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:59 PM   #91
WEAPON-X

So, Kevin revised the whole new divorced oiling setup to simplify it all and it's working really well.

Swapped out the port injectors to 1700s since we were taxing the 1300s and expecting more power; however, unfortunately the low side pump seems to have a power issue. He cleaned up the wiring while he was at it and the relay wasn't triggering the pump, so we'll have to chase that down later. Until then... she's all dressed up with no place to go :(

Old 09-28-2018, 11:11 PM   #92
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Coming along nicely. Your stand alone oil system looks similar to mine but I do have a couple questions. Are you running multiple pumps? I am running one EXA with regulator but and looking to add a oil cooler, but I don't know it could push through a small cooler and provide enough pressure to feed my turbos. Keep up the great work though.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #93
WEAPON-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Coming along nicely. Your stand alone oil system looks similar to mine but I do have a couple questions. Are you running multiple pumps? I am running one EXA with regulator but and looking to add a oil cooler, but I don't know it could push through a small cooler and provide enough pressure to feed my turbos. Keep up the great work though.
We had two, but kept having oiling issues and pushing through the seal as well as aereating the divorced oil, so we cut the floor, raised the turbo and built the sump underneath it. Kevin finally got it figured out as it's perfect now!

Tags
performance mods, pulley upgrade, tuning, turbo, upgrade