Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
A little tale to help pass the time....

A Father and his Son were sitting on a bus bench looking over at a Chevrolet Dealership and a ton of RS Camaros on the lot. The Son says with too much excitement "Pop, let's run over there and buy one of those RS Camaro's and smoke a couple of cars on the road"!!

The Father says "no Son, let's wait for the SS to come....and then we'll smoke them all"!!!!
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hehe, a nice little fictional story. Fictional because there won't be any Camaros sitting on the lots lol!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
AZZ28

Drives: '05 Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Hehe, a nice little fictional story. Fictional because there won't be any Camaros sitting on the lots lol!
I hope you're right, but perhaps we should revisit this in 6-12 months and see if it is fiction. Belonging to several other sites where anticipation is at a peak over a new auto product, I've learned that sometimes OUR enthusiam in not necessarily the public's.
AZZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ28 View Post
I hope you're right, but perhaps we should revisit this in 6-12 months and see if it is fiction. Belonging to several other sites where anticipation is at a peak over a new auto product, I've learned that sometimes OUR enthusiam in not necessarily the public's.
Very true, and I do expect to see a few sitting on the lots Q3-Q4 of 2009, but like you I hope I am wrong!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
That's good but I liked the version about the young bull and old bull looking at the young cows in the pasture.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
i really hope the camaro isnt a "lot car"....today i past a ford dealer and theres a row of mustang just sitting there hope i dnt drive by a chevy dealer and see a row of camaros:(
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
good story. got any more?
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
If they're sitting on the bus bench, can they really afford a Camaro? Stupid financing decisions by "Father and Son" are part of the reason the economy is in such a sorry state right now.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #9
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
If they're sitting on the bus bench, can they really afford a Camaro? Stupid financing decisions by "Father and Son" are part of the reason the economy is in such a sorry state right now.
I know it's weird in american culture, however in some parts of the world using public transit isn't solely the domain of those who can't afford cars. Earlier in the year I had met a girl who doesn't drive but however is a resonably well off Geologist, she owns a condo in down town Vancouver just outside stanley park, yes she has a door man as well. If she can afford that just about any new car wouldn't be out of the question but she doesn't drive and uses public transit and walking.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Do people still call their dad Pop? And dad's calling their kid Son? This sounds like Leave It To Beaver.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
It's just to early to tell with the Camaro. The ecomomy is gonna play a big role. It's my guess that there's gonna be a sizable number of canceled orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofanatic View Post
i really hope the camaro isnt a "lot car"....today i past a ford dealer and theres a row of mustang just sitting there hope i dnt drive by a chevy dealer and see a row of camaros:(
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarofanatic View Post
It will be,in a year or whenever supply meets demand. It's not a Corvette,you're going to see rows of them on lots,just as you do Mustangs and Chargers. GM will make too many(hopefully)for it not to be a "lot car"
Also,with that low V6 price,you're be seeing lots of Camaros.....everywhere.
Believe me,it's a double-edged sword. It's nice to have the sales for my car to continue,but i'd rather not be the 4th Mustang at my work. Just like you see 400,billion V6 4th gen F-bodies everywhere(in all conditions),you'll soon be clogged up with this Camaro.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #13
AZZ28

Drives: '05 Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Do people still call their dad Pop? And dad's calling their kid Son? This sounds like Leave It To Beaver.
I call my 80-year-old father 'Pop.' What he calls me is another story!
AZZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ28 View Post
I call my 80-year-old father 'Pop.' What he calls me is another story!
Hmm... Sh*thead or knucklehead were my names, LOL!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote