Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #589
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
The guides will be replaced with bolts so in a sense still guides only have added nuts for support.
I understand the concept. I will look at feasibility of that idea.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:40 AM   #590
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I understand the concept. I will look at feasibility of that idea.
No worries sounds like you want yours done once only.
I've had mine on and off about 50x already. I do it all myself.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 PM   #591
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Seriously looking forward to that video!
Old 06-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #592
alice

I primered the top of the bumper so I can wet sand and be sure that those hood humps are gone and everything is flat. Installed it to check and all looks really great, within shimming distance. Really excited about this modification. I also looked at bumper support and there are a number of ways to accomplish this and I will address this in an upcoming thread. I have all the body lines sanded perfect and this will look like it came from the factory when I'm finished.

As far cutting off the engagement pins and replacing with bolts from the back side, it can be done but hard to get to the other side to tighten the bolts. Somehow you would have to entrap the blind side to keep them from turning when tightening the nuts. I think a good solid belly pan made of aluminum or composite material and bolted to the subframe will keep the bumper from sagging. That is what I am going to do.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #593
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I primered the top of the bumper so I can wet sand and be sure that those hood humps are gone and everything is flat. Installed it to check and all looks really great, within shimming distance. Really excited about this modification. I also looked at bumper support and there are a number of ways to accomplish this and I will address this in an upcoming thread. I have all the body lines sanded perfect and this will look like it came from the factory when I'm finished.

As far cutting off the engagement pins and replacing with bolts from the back side, it can be done but hard to get to the other side to tighten the bolts. Somehow you would have to entrap the blind side to keep them from turning when tightening the nuts. I think a good solid belly pan made of aluminum or composite material and bolted to the subframe will keep the bumper from sagging. That is what I am going to do.
Looking good and you'll be free to use any hood.

To do the reverse bolt method you need t-nuts you thread and glue in. It'll be quite the while before I do the mod but its not 100% needed.

This is my alignment / no sag with only mending plates.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2020, 01:54 AM   #594
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
The method I described above really tightens up the sag and with the belly pan properly installed my new bumper is rock solid. Under the hood the 2 piece fasteners do not lock it in place so with using those rubber body fasteners it really locked it in place
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:27 AM   #595
alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
The method I described above really tightens up the sag and with the belly pan properly installed my new bumper is rock solid. Under the hood the 2 piece fasteners do not lock it in place so with using those rubber body fasteners it really locked it in place
That is an excellent solution!! Something I will consider when everything is completely finished. Good Job!
Old 06-23-2020, 11:23 PM   #596
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Looking good and you'll be free to use any hood.

To do the reverse bolt method you need t-nuts you thread and glue in. It'll be quite the while before I do the mod but its not 100% needed.

This is my alignment / no sag with only mending plates.
dam thats some good spacing! makes mine look real far apart
Old 07-06-2020, 11:25 PM   #597
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
Has anyone fixed bumper sag issue and explain in further detail.
Also I need a new fog light bezel I’ve looked can’t find one??
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:44 PM   #598
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Not sure if they make the bezels proprietary or if they just copied the mold from a 6th gen. When I was lined up side by side with a actual 6th gen it looked like a 100% copy.

Also bumper sag is being worked on by many of us. Mine seems to have self corrected but I still want to make more improvements.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #599
alice

I'm working on it, too. My shop is busy and time is at a premium but should have something soon.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #600
Maharam

Drives: 2014 Camaro
+1 for tlamb2s idea with the well nuts, I used four and this bumper isn’t moving. Piloted the holes .25” higher so that when I installed the grommet it pulled the bumper up. I needed this also because my hood was a bit shy of where I wanted it sitting. Once the well nuts went in it really pulled the bumper to the fenders, almost a little to much, so I actually had to loosen them up a little to get the lines of the fender to match up.
Attached Images

Maharam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:53 AM   #601
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
It tightens it up nicely huh.
tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 PM   #602
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
Sag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharam View Post
+1 for tlamb2s idea with the well nuts, I used four and this bumper isn’t moving. Piloted the holes .25” higher so that when I installed the grommet it pulled the bumper up. I needed this also because my hood was a bit shy of where I wanted it sitting. Once the well nuts went in it really pulled the bumper to the fenders, almost a little to much, so I actually had to loosen them up a little to get the lines of the fender to match up.
Links or anything to exactly what you used
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote