Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
hv92

Drives: .
Talking Time for a CTS-V?? I think so. :)))

So i stopped by the dealer today to pick up my beautiful Camaro from getting some service done and walked over to the cadillac dealer they had next door. What do I see? A beautiful grey CTS-V sedan, fully loaded, and had the kind salesman show me the interior. THIS IS DEFINITELY my next ride. Has anybody heard of the new generation of the CTS-V's coming out and any info on that? Im stuck between the red, white, grey, and black color. Figured i already have the blacked out camaro, gotta switch it up. What's ur guys' opinions on the CTS-V? any ownership experience?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
NYCSRTATE

Drives: Future ZL1 or CTS V Owner
Hands down one of the best GM products ever. The interior is second to none and the performance is online with the ZR1 in a sedan no less!

Ever see that CTSV commercial at Nuremberg?

Fastest production sedan on the planet, enough said.

Last edited by NYCSRTATE; 02-19-2011 at 08:28 PM.
NYCSRTATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #3
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
IMO, Cadillac is the embodiment of everything that is right about the U.S. auto industry. I mean, come on! They made a station wagon sexy for crying out loud!
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
hv92

Drives: .
how is the daily drivability??
Old 01-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
It's a Caddy, it is gonna perfect for daily driving. That is everything right there, power, style, luxury. All in one.
Are they rwd?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
first off let me say I love my Camaro. Second, I saw cts v coupe and fell in love with it. Really nicely done. Not a fan of regular cts interior but this wowed me away. Way out of my budget unfortunately. It was about $85k up here in canada. Sweet car I must admit.

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
Darth93
Darth93

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE,1983 Camaro Z/28
You know there is a CTS-V Wagon.....I may be out of my mind...but there is something about a wagon with a manual trans and the kind of capability the V has that is interesting..Hmmm...
Darth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #8
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Nice car. Is it worth 2 Camaros?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
My V is one of the most comfortable and "drivable" cars I have ever been in. Power on tap, Looks that would make Adriana Lima crawl over on all four and make U feel like an Ice Cream cone, reliability that makes U a stranger to your dealer assigned service tech... What's not to love?

Two issues that one might have second thoughts:

1) Desire to constantly get out and wipe it down at stop lights
2) 556HP on tap, with acceleration so smooth, and a cabin so quiet.. U will hit 100MPH+ each and every time U get on a open stretch of road with a matter of seconds after U come off the ramp.

Things U might wanna change:

1) Exhaust. It is quiet. And it will get U into trouble because of it. A friend of mine with a recently acquired V-Coupe just put a Corsa exhaust on his to give it some "warning" ability.

2) Michelin PS2s. I loved them so much I bought a set for my Vette, but in truth they wear out pretty fast... and are expensive to replace.

3) A can of this:

It works and the stock pads like to kick off dust. When the time comes to change these super stopping mutha-effers I will be buying a set of Hawks low dust pads to replace the stock ones.

That's it... If Cadillac builds on this car's virtues for the rest of it's line up from now on... America will surpass Germany's best in a matter of a few years.
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #10
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Nice car. Is it worth 2 Camaros?
Honestly... it's under-priced. GM could easily have sold this car for $25K more and I would have still wrote a check. Meaning it is worth 3 Camaros.... and I love my Camaro.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I LOVED my 05 CTS. I was sad to see it go. I just plain ran out of driveway space with 4 cars and two bikes. I'm down to the Camaro my truck and the bikes. In a few years I'll get another CTS.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv92 View Post
All I can tell you is that my '10 V is simply the best car I've ever owned! The car is a piece of cake and a joy to drive on a daily basis, even with the manual tranny. I always feel a pang of disappointment now whenever I arrive at my destination, knowing that my drive is over. I have the manual and it's the easiest gearshift car to drive, with the best clutch I've ever had - and I've been driving a stick since 1971.
If I had a complaint, it would be that it's too quiet in the cabin, which means you'll be bouncing off the rev limiter if you're not watching the tach 'cuz it's difficult to hear what the engine is doing! (although at 12,000 km, it seems that its voice is "changing" and getting a bit louder).
In the past, I've garaged my '98 SS during the winter and driven a beater. Now that those vehicles are sold, I got an extra set of factory wheels and a set of Pirelli 240 SottoZeros for the winter in stock sizes and so far, so good. I haven't driven it in deep snow yet, but if the performance in less extreme conditions and on ice is any indication, deeper snow shouldn't be a problem. The SottoZeros are a winter high performance tire and I'm finding very little, if any, loss at all in handling and traction in the cold and wet! It's great to be able to use the car as it was meant to be used, even in the winter... and the blower really likes the colder, denser air!!
I had the car out on Mosport's Grand Prix Track in June at a GM Canada/Cadillac sponored "Cadillac Track Experience" day and this is a much more capable road course machine than my track-prepped SS was. This car is just so easy to drive fast, it's downright spooky. My SS was a pretty quick car around Mosport, but it was a real handful in comparison to the V, which just goes where you point it - really fast - with no fuss, no muss.

The capper is that you get all this performance in a car with more luxury features than you can shake a stick at, with a great interior, phenomenal ride and great ambiance. Heck - I'm still trying to figure out the voice recognition system almost a year later!! If you're seriously thinking of getting one, I'd highly recommend the optional Recaro seats - hands down the best seats I've ever experienced in a car.

Now compared to the Camaro, this car is pretty well invisible. Hardly anybody knows what it is (most people think it's an ordinary CTS) and they don't give it a second glance. This car just does not have the "WOW" factor that the Camaro has... but AFAIC, the V bodes extremely well for any Z/28 that might just happen to show up at some time in the future! Imagine - a car with all that power that will probably sound great and come with that "WOW" factor!

Best regards,

Elie
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Great post... and true to form.

If the Z28 gets the same specs as the CTS-V it will be as fast as a current Z06 due to less weight. It also makes me think that the 2012 V will get a boosted engine (especially with the M5 getting a boost) worth close to 600HP. Pretty easy since a simple pully swap yields U as much power/torque as a ZR1, and engine internals can take it. New Pully $600 worth 630 brake horsepower (BHP) and 630 lbs.-ft. of torque LINK
Old 01-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Honestly... it's under-priced. GM could easily have sold this car for $25K more and I would have still wrote a check. Meaning it is worth 3 Camaros.... and I love my Camaro.
Okay, instead of two Camaros how about a new Camaro SS and a used LS3 C6? (I see you already have achieved part of that.) That combo is way cooler than having two Camaros.

Still I think the CTS-V is right priced and the competitors are over priced. I just wish some one could build a super high performance sedan and keep the weight under 3,800 lbs. The only car close is the M3 and it doesn't quite qualify in size and power.

And if someone would build it I wish I could afford it.
(3 college careers to pay for.)