Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #15
1911 1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 2SS 1LE
I have both LT's, cam, CAI and a good tune will wake it to around 485rwhp. Good starting point.
Maggie 2650 @ 18psi/ 75mm 10 rib/ Dual alky nozzles/ Roto-fab/ ARH 2" Lt's/ GT-12 cam/ ZL1 3.23 Conv./MGW/RPS triple carbon clutch/RSG tranny upgrage/Pedders Ex. XA w/ remote cans and a lot of other crap 897/8??@tires
1911 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #16
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 1LE View Post
I have both LT's, cam, CAI and a good tune will wake it to around 485rwhp. Good starting point.
That's the avenue I will go down!! 😁
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
GM had an answer to this , they called it the Z28, unfortunately it was much more expensive and with no incentives offered . Then there was the ZL1 for the street performance we all wanted , again much more expensive . Bottom line is power cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Agreed on all points. My other problem is There is a built 2017 ZL1 in the family. It's just a monster. The same dickhead family member ( joking, I love my Brother) lol has a new Wide body Hellcat as well. I really don't need to make that kind of power. Just would like my 1le to be a bit snappier!! My Brother and I are in our 40's and I like his cars a lot but I actually love my 1le more, so it's not a compitition thing.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #18
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
IMHO , if you want power off idle for a street driven car supercharging is the way to go . Look at the ZL1 ,and C7 ZO6 ,Cadillac CTSV ,monster torque and power right off idle . You may want to look into a Procharger as a moderate cost power bump .
Old 05-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #19
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
4 years now, just turned over 40K miles, and I can still BARELY use the power my entirely stock 1LE has. Granted, I'm in the greater NYC area and as such my highways, on-ramps, and off-ramps are often far too packed for any sort of quick romp with the throttle.

But I've been autocrossing this car for two years now, and traction is the limiting factor for +90% of each run. On the track, I've gotten sideways in 4th ... an event that resulted in having to throw away that particular pair of boxer briefs.

I'm continually amazed that there are those who feel this car needs more power.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #20
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Some want to go through tires faster

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #21
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
4 years now, just turned over 40K miles, and I can still BARELY use the power my entirely stock 1LE has. Granted, I'm in the greater NYC area and as such my highways, on-ramps, and off-ramps are often far too packed for any sort of quick romp with the throttle.

But I've been autocrossing this car for two years now, and traction is the limiting factor for +90% of each run. On the track, I've gotten sideways in 4th ... an event that resulted in having to throw away that particular pair of boxer briefs.

These cars are heavy and the gears are tall. They really could use more power for straight line accelerating. Again, only my opinion.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #22
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:

I am with you as far as being honest about my own abilities, but though this is a handling car, I still think better than 1/2 of them were bought to haul the mail in a straight line. For that I agree it is under powered.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:36 PM   #23
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

My exact feelings! I am hoping putting the Z28 diff in will help.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:37 PM   #24
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
I am hoping putting the Z28 diff in will help.
Doesn't the Z/28 have the same 3.91 as the 1LE ?
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #25
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Same gear ratio but it has a torsen style differential.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:38 AM   #26
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
People simply acclimate to whatever they're familiar with. Once you stop thinking that your car is quick, it's time to let it sit for a week and drive something else for a brain reset

I think that happens to folks at almost all power levels.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #27
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
People simply acclimate to whatever they're familiar with. Once you stop thinking that your car is quick, it's time to let it sit for a week and drive something else for a brain reset

I think that happens to folks at almost all power levels.
This... after a good snow/rain storm and driving my truck for a few days, you realize how quick and crisp that 1LE is climbing back in to it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #28
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

My Daily is a Chevy Cruze. While I absolutely agree the 1le is a badass car to drive. It still could use more straight line punch. Especially on the low end