Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #589
wrgdave0914

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I just had my PDIM replaced and I now have:

HW: DA
SW: DX

Does anyone else have these yet? I havent had any issues with my ipod since its been changed.
wrgdave0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #590
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrgdave0914 View Post

Does anyone else have these yet? I havent had any issues with my ipod since its been changed.
Interesting
Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #591
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:

Thanks for the update. The darn iPod reset issue is driving me nuts.

I have my car scheduled for the update on Monday.

-Rizzo
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #592
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Awesome! It looks like GM finally updated the hardware and software!!!! I found this on TIS2WEB....

20927511 N/A New software (coordinated with revised hardware) to improve USB interface (access increases from 2500 songs to 10000), applying to USB flash drives, Zunes, and other "Plays From Device" audio devices. Small improvements also made for minor bug fixes.

Woohoo. Looks like I'll be going to the dealer to convince them to replace mine as well.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #593
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
so is the only way to get this is with new hardware or can i get my existing radio flashed ?
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #594
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
so is the only way to get this is with new hardware or can i get my existing radio flashed ?
Well TIS2WEB indicates that the new software goes along with the new hardware and Codeman said a while back that they couldn't fix the issues without new hardware. So I'm pretty sure it needs the new hardware. In theory, you shouldn't have to pay for it so I'd go the route of getting it done under warranty.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #595
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
UCF...if you happen to get your dealer to replace your stuff, let us know!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #596
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

well i just called my dealer and told him there was an update to the pdim software in my camaro and i wanted to see about getting it updated. At first he sounded like he didnt know what i was talking about and asked me what i wanted to do with the pdim. Then he asked if i received a letter about it, i paused then just said there is a new software update. Then he said to bring it in they will update it. So I guess ill see when i get there if they update the software, play dumb or give me new hardware. Ill pull this thread up if i have to.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #597
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
well i just called my dealer and told him there was an update to the pdim software in my camaro and i wanted to see about getting it updated. At first he sounded like he didnt know what i was talking about and asked me what i wanted to do with the pdim. Then he asked if i received a letter about it, i paused then just said there is a new software update. Then he said to bring it in they will update it. So I guess ill see when i get there if they update the software, play dumb or give me new hardware. Ill pull this thread up if i have to.
They can check http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/ and see it. In order to get to it...
put your vin in and click Get CAL ID
From the controller list, click PDIM and click Next
Select RPO UYE/UYI and click Next
Select 20927510 from the list and click next

Then you should see what I posted. Codeman said that dealers often refer to PDIM as "MMIM" so that may help.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #598
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
What do i do now that i have 40,000 mi on the car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #599
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Well so far so good, they say they are going to reprogram it. So I'll know soon enough if I have the latest ver or not. Oddly enough it still seems like they don't really know what I'm talking about, like you can kind of tell when someone is just playing along like they know but really have no idea. Hopefully the actual tech knows what to do.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #600
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Im going in tomorrow morning to get this looked at. will report back as well. im going to see if they'll change out the hardware, because im having a crap ton of issues with it now.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #601
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

update:

FAIL: Well after 2 hours of my time, i still have the same software version CE. They claimed they reflashed it but obvious thats a lie. Not sure what the hell they were doing for 2 hours, prob just checked the version and said its already on the latest and let me sit there for 2 hours with my thumb up my ass. Unfortunately, i didnt have time to bitch about it or anything really, had to be back home before 3. So.... i guess ill call them back tomorrow and try to get some answers and a real update.

On a side note, the guy i was dealing with was super nice, and prob the best customer service ive ever gotten from GM (other than the flat out lies from above) so hats off for that.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #602
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
update:

FAIL: Well after 2 hours of my time, i still have the same software version CE. They claimed they reflashed it but obvious thats a lie. Not sure what the hell they were doing for 2 hours, prob just checked the version and said its already on the latest and let me sit there for 2 hours with my thumb up my ass. Unfortunately, i didnt have time to bitch about it or anything really, had to be back home before 3. So.... i guess ill call them back tomorrow and try to get some answers and a real update.

On a side note, the guy i was dealing with was super nice, and prob the best customer service ive ever gotten from GM (other than the flat out lies from above) so hats off for that.
This is why I printed off the TIS2WEB information, and will be taking it with me to the dealer, hopefully it will help.

Edit: Dont know if you have seen this thread, but it might help.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108097