Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #981
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
NO F'ING WAY! THOSE MORONS! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY HAVEN'T TOLD YOU ANYTHING AND THE CAR IS THERE. NEWB, good call man!
Yeah, way to go man!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #982
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Unbelievable...they never told you? They really suck at customer satisfaction. Sure hope you get your car today Ozzy.
They didn't even know, man. I've been to a couple islands now and I'm pretty sure something about tropical islands makes people way too lax about doing a good or fast job. It's something that's driven me nuts every time I've encountered it.
Still I got a good price and loan, and my salesman is gonna try to comp me some things at delivery. We'll see what happens. Turns out he also is good friends with some famous airbrush artist (forgot the name, but saw pics on his phone of his work) and can get me a good price on some custom work if I want. Wasn't thinking about it, but good to have the option. Hawaii really is all about who you're connected to, I've realized.
Anyway, I left happy with my paperwork, and I'm all excited again for when the car gets out of processing. Also, I came home to find my new sidemarkers waiting for me

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #983
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
They didn't even know, man. I've been to a couple islands now and I'm pretty sure something about tropical islands makes people way too lax about doing a good or fast job. It's something that's driven me nuts every time I've encountered it.
Still I got a good price and loan, and my salesman is gonna try to comp me some things at delivery. We'll see what happens. Turns out he also is good friends with some famous airbrush artist (forgot the name, but saw pics on his phone of his work) and can get me a good price on some custom work if I want. Wasn't thinking about it, but good to have the option. Hawaii really is all about who you're connected to, I've realized.
Anyway, I left happy with my paperwork, and I'm all excited again for when the car gets out of processing. Also, I came home to find my new sidemarkers waiting for me
Just remember YOU get the last word with the Customer Satisfaction Survey. You may want to just slip the survey into the conversation when you take delievery... they'll try harder to make ya happy.

Happy for ya!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #984
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Congrats. You'll be in that yellow beauty in no time.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #985
Zl1 #586

Drives: 2016 Z06/07
That's awesome
Ours is in Arizona still on the train should be at the dealership Saturday
Still not sure what the delay in shipment was caused by.
Your first pics should be amazing island style ?
Congrats and merry Christmas
Zl1 #586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #986
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1 #586 View Post
That's awesome
Talk about cutting it close!!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #987
tramtwo

Guess this is as good a place to share this. I know it seems like I harp on this... but it is important.

I have purposely let this go. Really should change it every fill up or after a day at the track. Look how dirty this clutch fluid is just after 500 miles. Surely you don't want that going through your brake lines?!

Do this MOD!!
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 AM   #988
Zl1 #586

Drives: 2016 Z06/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Talk about cutting it close!!
And it's not a done deal yet they still have to expedite delivery from the rail yard tomorrow.it's funny how I was bustin ozzy's chops about a slow boat from
Long beach ,and he's done.
Zl1 #586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #989
OzzySS

Quote:
Guess this is as good a place to share this. I know it seems like I harp on this... but it is important.

I have purposely let this go. Really should change it every fill up or after a day at the track. Look how dirty this clutch fluid is just after 500 miles. Surely you don't want that going through your brake lines?!

Do this MOD!!
Holy crap... How does this get by the engineers? Looks like I'm gonna have another first-week mod to do

Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #990
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1 #586 View Post
That's awesome
Thanks man ill try to get some good ones if the rain lets up sometime. It's been going pretty consistent for the last week. Only did my financing and contract this afternoon. Hoping it'll get released to the dealer and be ready for pickup over the weekend!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 AM   #991
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:

Do this MOD!!
Where did you get the reservoir? Is it the GTO one that 2SSRS talks about through your links:

Quote:
#1 new reservoir from a GTO a Holden part # 92065790 list $19.33 but can get for $15.00

#2 a hose clamp, Range 1/4-5/8" less than $1.00
#3 a rubber plug for the brake master cylinder reservoir. $ 0.75
#4 2 self tapping metal screws for the new reservoir. $ 0.50
#5 And this is the end Dot 4 Brake fluid "Prestone" . $ 2.75
Also, for #3, what is this exactly?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #992
Johnny_D

Drives: '13 Camaro2SS/RS 1LE '13Boss 302 LS
Picked up my 1le today it is awesome. Already put 80 miles on it, that thing has power on command! Really fast car, handles great. When shifting gears though i somethimes hear a noise, sounds like something is loose on the underside, anyone else experiencing that
Johnny_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #993
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_D View Post
Picked up my 1le today it is awesome. Already put 80 miles on it, that thing has power on command! Really fast car, handles great. When shifting gears though i somethimes hear a noise, sounds like something is loose on the underside, anyone else experiencing that
Yes. When I'm not getting on it too hard and trying to drive for fuel economy. I hear throwout bearing noise and sometimes clunking when the skip shift program comes on and I'm going too slow for fourth gear.

Congrats on the car!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #994
CrystalRedTintcoat

For the break in, did you guys go over 4,000 RPM? I've read the stuff about revving it up and letting it come back down in neutral. But I'm curious if you're going over 4K RPM and over 80MPH before 1500 miles. And if you're not, are you winding it up (not from dead stop but while trailing in 1st or 2nd) to 4K then letting it come down on it's own w/o downshifting?