Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #995
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
What about having only Z28 threads to make F-Bodfather understand we want one?
trust me... he understands. it's just not a smart move to put out a high-power "gas guzzler" right now, with the company on the verge of collapse and the gov't on our backs. once the general gets back on its feet, sales pick up, and the market can support one, i'm sure a Z28 would be a strong consideration. there's obviously an enthusiast demand right now, but that ain't enough to keep a company alive right now.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #996
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Merged.

Yup, we went right back to the same old arguments...

The interview does give us a little hope....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #997
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
have you seen a Ford Lightning sell for 2.2 million dollars no , but a 1969 427 YENKO Camaro IS WORTH THAT MUCH and was sold at barrett jackson....
Good comparison. A one-of-a-kind ultra rare classic's value that will likely never have another mile put on it compared to factory-spec truck.

If we're resorting to comparing Apples to Oranges, let's get serious and compare your $2.2 million Yenko to the run-of-the-mill 3rd gen:

Now I can make the argument that anything is better than a Camaro and be correct!
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #998
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Hey dude, I have a Camaro. come check it out.

BAD ASS, I'd race you in my GT but you'll smoke it no matter what badge it has...

No one refers to a Camaro as an Ss or Z28. If you go up and talk to a random person, try telling them you drive a Z71, Z24. you'll get the deer in headlights look. People refer to a camaro as a camaro ss or camaro z28. I've NEVER heard of anyone just say I have a z28...
I call my car a "Zed 28"

I honestly dont think I've ever called my car a Camaro Z28.... its a Z28 Camaro.

now... as for a Z28 being produced....

2012 45th ann edition 500hp n/a

jmo...

will it happen? who's to say. but I can guarantee you (as ive said so many times before) GM has to get this car selling in massive quantities before they can warrant making a Z28 model. or else we will be looking at a limited run z28 that will cost an exorbitant amount of money. then no one will get one.

have some patience and keep the faith.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #999
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
Quote:
By the end of 2009 would be awesome
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #1000
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Good comparison. A one-of-a-kind ultra rare classic's value that will likely never have another mile put on it compared to factory-spec truck.

If we're resorting to comparing Apples to Oranges, let's get serious and compare your $2.2 million Yenko to the run-of-the-mill 3rd gen:

Now I can make the argument that anything is better than a Camaro and be correct!

my point was that they NEVER MADE any factory spec Ford trucks that are worth much today and if you want to go factory spec how about a 2 1969 Z 28 s on the block click on the link these cars are incredible
Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #1001
redsap05

Drives: 2005 pontiac gto
The z28 ia not dead. Right now they are busy working out the details of the producitons car during the final days untill prodcution. I would be willing to bet that this summer you will start to see spy pics of a camaro in camo runing around . I would not expect it untill at least 2011. It will have the cts-v engine in it rated around 550 hp. Gm will fully deny it for as long as they can because they dont want to take away from any camaro sales. Just look how long they denied it with the zr1. Just wait and you will see. Me personally I would wait till the adm's go away on a base SS and then just buy a procarger or kenne bell for it. Thats right I said kenne bell. Theres a company over on some of the bigger boards called tottal performance engineering that is makeing there own kits which utilize a kenne bell blower. They are just coming with gto system this month and you can bet they will have one for the camaro as soon as they can. Check it out here. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontia...er-thread.html
redsap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #1002
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Yawn. Keeping the faith is so hard when u see people telling us to leave it alone. Lol oh well some just don't share the same pashion. Give it time and let gm get back on it's feet.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #1003
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
...Give it time and let GM get back on its feet.
'nuff said
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #1004
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
This is a 2010 model year car. By now shouldn't we get over the whole "Ricer" language. If a twin turbo will do the job of a NA V-8 while saving fuel and weight, then why not do it. Its this type of thinking that has GM in the trouble they are in today. Just apply the same "Ricer" mentality to production and labor.

I personally don't care whether or not its a naturally aspirated or forced induction. I would like to see forced induction.

By the way my first car was a 1969 Camaro with a V8 over 25 years ago. So I've been around this stuff for quite some time.
Actually it's my type thinking that has kept the entire world lusting over American muscle. Throw a TT V-6 in it, now it's just chum in a sea of cars like the Skyline, which by the way, you won't beat. Keep America alive, and American muscle with it

Quote:
I think it's mainly time filler, really won't have much new to talk about until January
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 AM   #1005
gladiatoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsap05 View Post
The z28 ia not dead. Right now they are busy working out the details of the producitons car during the final days untill prodcution. I would be willing to bet that this summer you will start to see spy pics of a camaro in camo runing around . I would not expect it untill at least 2011. It will have the cts-v engine in it rated around 550 hp. Gm will fully deny it for as long as they can because they dont want to take away from any camaro sales. Just look how long they denied it with the zr1. Just wait and you will see. Me personally I would wait till the adm's go away on a base SS and then just buy a procarger or kenne bell for it. Thats right I said kenne bell. Theres a company over on some of the bigger boards called tottal performance engineering that is makeing there own kits which utilize a kenne bell blower. They are just coming with gto system this month and you can bet they will have one for the camaro as soon as they can. Check it out here. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontia...er-thread.html
Yes , they called the ZR1 the Blue Devil for a while and kept it all hush hush , I am certain GM is working on the Z28 right now with a lsa in it , they know the new platform is perfect for a track package car especially since it has IRS it's a no brainer , and they will keep us in the dark for as long as they can in order to sell more SS models right now, but rest assured they will build it , it's not a matter of if but when
Old 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #1006
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Don't mean to be rude, But till Gm says it, I think you guys are in the same fantasy land as many mustang fans are about the mystical 5.0 400 hp v8.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #1007
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Don't mean to be rude, But till Gm says it, I think you guys are in the same fantasy land as many mustang fans are about the mystical 5.0 400 hp v8.
I don't mean to be rude, but till you read back thru every page and see that we've beaten the living crap out of this topic.

we already know....

THERE IS NO Z28 RIGHT NOW. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES ON IF/WHEN ONE WILL BE MADE. DO WE WANT ONE? YES. WILL IT HAVE OVER 9000 HP AND GET 100 MPG? PROBABLY NOT, BUT I STILL WANT ONE. AND IM CONTENT TO WAIT FOR IT.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #1008
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE