Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 07-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Epoxy Floor Finishes

Hey everybody I would like your input on what sort of finish you have on your garage floor. If it’s epoxy coating what brand and are you satisfied with it. Or maybe your using the snap & lock flooring. Getting ready to do a garage makeover and need advise from my friends on here. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Prep is the most important part.

Highly suggest you visit garagejournal forums for lots of good info
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Purchased our home August of 2102, garage floor looked like a@@. I purchased the two stage epoxy kits as well as other materials to scrub the existing floor. As the other member stated, prep is everything. Once cleaned I first rolled on the color coat which rolled out nicely. Once that was dry I stated the second coat which is the clear, now this was a trick. As I stated it took me TWO complete kits (2 part kits) because I have a 2 1/2 car garage. You have to add hardener to the gallon of clear and once you do then the clock starts, no breaks get rolling. Thank God I had a friend help me. He started one side while I started from the other and we met in the center. Once the clear was down we threw the colored sprinkles all over the place. Gives some traction as well as looks pretty good. Floor has been down since September of 2012 with ZERO problems. Gas, water and oil does not bother it, of course I clean it up anytime I see it. I post an older picture of my 96 SS so you can get an idea what the floor looks like.

About once every six months I roll everything out and mop the floor down, looks like new.
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I had mine done 6 years ago, the garage/house was brand new, but as stated eairler, PREP is the key.

my builder uses Sherwin Williams and you can buy it as a DIY kit as well. each kits woll cover 500 sq. ft.

six years later I am totally satisfied with the floor.

Name:  PAINTED GARAGE FLOOR.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  170.9 KB
Old 07-23-2018, 06:12 AM   #5
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
I had mine done 6 years ago, the garage/house was brand new, but as stated eairler, PREP is the key.

my builder uses Sherwin Williams and you can buy it as a DIY kit as well. each kits woll cover 500 sq. ft.

six years later I am totally satisfied with the floor.

Attachment 947772
That's exactly what my floor looks like too. I should have taken pictures of before and after. Home was only 8 years old but the previous owner had spilt everything under the sun onto the floor and cleaned up very little. Oil stains were plenty. Now super duper clean.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

That pic was when its was BRAND NEW, so the finish is really glossy.....with all the foot traffic and what not its not shiny....but still looks great!
Old 07-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #7
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
We just did our shop with rustoleum brand two part and the clear over it. Its very hard and does not scratch and so far looks great. The concrete had a sealer on it and we rented a diamond surfacing disk on a floor polisher and it prepped it perfect.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:09 AM   #8
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Well after seeing Joe's garage, mine now looks small....
When I finally get to my garage after the Harvey construction is completed, I will probably do the same as you guys. The contractor can advise me on this.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:35 AM   #9
Niceun

Wow those shots look really nice.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #10
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD555 View Post
we rented a diamond surfacing disk on a floor polisher and it prepped it perfect.
This is a great way to prep the surface. I had my lab mix up some clear for my garage floor because I just wanted the “wet look”.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #11
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post

This times 1,000.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:53 AM   #12
Niceun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Prep is the most important part.

Will do. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2018, 05:22 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blkgrayRS View Post
Well after seeing Joe's garage, mine now looks small....
When I finally get to my garage after the Harvey construction is completed, I will probably do the same as you guys. The contractor can advise me on this.
well its the biggest garage I have ever had....its 1100 sq.ft. its big for me....but not nearly as big and nice as a lot of others I have seen.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #14
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Purchased our home August of 2102, garage floor looked like a@@. I purchased the two stage epoxy kits as well as other materials to scrub the existing floor. As the other member stated, prep is everything. Once cleaned I first rolled on the color coat which rolled out nicely. Once that was dry I stated the second coat which is the clear, now this was a trick. As I stated it took me TWO complete kits (2 part kits) because I have a 2 1/2 car garage. You have to add hardener to the gallon of clear and once you do then the clock starts, no breaks get rolling. Thank God I had a friend help me. He started one side while I started from the other and we met in the center. Once the clear was down we threw the colored sprinkles all over the place. Gives some traction as well as looks pretty good. Floor has been down since September of 2012 with ZERO problems. Gas, water and oil does not bother it, of course I clean it up anytime I see it. I post an older picture of my 96 SS so you can get an idea what the floor looks like.

About once every six months I roll everything out and mop the floor down, looks like new.
Terminator? Is that you? just giving shit man

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote