Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I have seen issues in the past even with LS3 but not that many. Most of the big ones were ultimately due to loss of oil pressure because of a bad oil pump. One guy got his whole motor replaced even though he had bolt-on (headers, CAI, exhaust, etc) but he didn't tune the car. You'll leave some HP on the table if you don't tune but you can get by with basics and be okay if you're worried about the warranty. I've seen others with similar oil pressure issues but were tuned and even though it shouldn't have had anything to do with it, they still denied warranty.

Personally I had my car tuned within the first year and about 3,500 miles. Drove it for 5 years and right at 20k. Only issues I had was a leaking valve cover gasket, torn CV boot, and heated seats. All of which were fixed under warranty after being tuned.

I would suggest using a reputable tuner even if you have to do it through mail order. Get a quality tune by someone that has good experience and you shouldn't have an issue.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #16
EnzoR

Drives: 2012 1SS6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
If you let warranty prevent you from modding your Camaro, the ISIS has already won.

Ahahaha, this is exactly what side of the argument I am on. Well put good sir!

Great to hear all of the feedback about millage an lack of issues. My last Camaro i know i put on at least 25k miles and nothing but oil changes. I did have squeaky breaks but the dealership changed the pads and that went away. My new one the breaks still squeak not sure if i want to have them replace it again as i know this is a common happening.

Thank you on the spoiler comment hahaha
EnzoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #17
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
really 25k is a new car. with todays cars or trucks if anything is going befor 100k its a lemon.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 07-16-2015 at 12:56 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #18
EnzoR

Drives: 2012 1SS6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
really 25k is a new car. with todays cars or trucks if anything is going befor 100k its a piece of lemon.
The 25k I mentioned is the marker I sold it at, but i agree with the 100k mark...
EnzoR is offline   Reply With Quote